SASS Wire Forum

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

The Original Bad Bob

I am not a big Brad Pitt fan. He does good work but he's not someone I get excited about watching. I was not a Casey Affleck fan either till I watched this. Not the first time but the second round! Yep, it took me two times to see the background, get a grip on the characters, enjoy the story. I think the first time I sat through it I was expecting a shoot'em up and was so disappointed I blew it off. But the second time, knowing what I was going to sit through I took a closer look and found a jewel in Affleck's performance as the confused and torn assassin who in the end welcomed his own murder.

So maybe watch it a second time, a few weeks or months later and see if you get a different take on it.

Any western is better than no western.. and Sam Sheppard was convincing as a cowboy. lol

There's some that say Jesse faked his own death so he could hang up his guns and not have to keep looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. it's also been said that his mother used to buy guns cheap and sell them to rourists for big bucks as Jesse's guns.

The movie, so boring I didn't even finish watching it.

It was primarily a character study. Rather short on action and can only be classed as a Western because it has horses and guns.

If you go into it thinking you're going to watch a traditional western you'll be disappointed.

I did actually watch the whole thing and while it drags sometimes I found it interesting from a historical viewpoint.

5 bucks in the wally world bin. Tried a few times to watch it but I have either eatin' or must be sittin' in the warm sun cause I aint never finished it. Good cover photo though.

I did watch an interestin' show on the History channel about him faking his death and his buried treasures. Sounded reasonable. Watched it twice that day.

I do like Jesse James. Frank and boys too.

Keep an eye out in them wally world bins...lots of John Wayne lately.

Well, being a boring English teacher, and seeing as how psychological studies have always interested me, I might just have to watch this one!

Sorry pard, no disrespect intended to you or your profession. When I wrote that I was thinking about a college english professor who spent two months picking apart Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter". I had read the book in high school and thought it pretty good. This guy made it a total snoozer. Thought I was in a psych class.

Let us know what you think of the movie. :)

My Jessie Rig

I liked it cuz I got this rig and guns that were used for it...A Will Ghormley rig and a pair or Remingtons for only ten bucks. Not bad.

Movie was so-so, but it was a western..

curley

ps: I actually ment that the holsters were used by Mr. Pitt to prepare for the movie. These were not used in the movie, and neither were the guns. Didn't want to give the wrong impression.

Archived