Panama Panama City $2.19

Russia Moscow $2.10

Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74

Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91

Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78

Egypt Cairo $0.65

Nigeria Lagos $0.38

Venezuela Caracas $0.12

If you're in Caracas, be sure to fill up your tank, and your car too.

Nation City Price in USD Regular/Gallon

Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48

Norway Oslo $6.27

Italy Milan $5.96

Denmark Copenhagen $5.93

Belgium Brussels $5.91

Sweden Stockholm $5.80

United Kingdom London $5.79

Germany Frankfurt $5.57

France Paris $5.54

Portugal Lisbon $5.35

Hungary Budapest $4.94

Luxembourg $4.82

Croatia Zagreb $4.81

Ireland Dublin $4.78

Switzerland Geneva $4.74

Spain Madrid $4.55

Japan Tokyo $4.24

Czech Republic Prague $4.19

Romania Bucharest $4.09

Andorra $4.08

Estonia Tallinn $3.62

Bulgaria Sofia $3.52

Brazil Brasilia $3.12

Cuba Havana $3.03

Taiwan Taipei $2.84

Lebanon Beirut $2.63

South Africa Johannesburg $2.62

Nicaragua Managua $2.61

Panama Panama City $2.19

Russia Moscow $2.10

Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74

Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91

Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78

Egypt Cairo $0.65

Nigeria Lagos $0.38

Venezuela Caracas $0.12

Lots of these really high prices are due to taxes....

Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78

filled up in Kuwait City once. Not the most pleasent experience. Traveling between bases and my driver didn't fill up before we left. Had to stop at local gas station. Luckily he had some Kuwaiti money on hand. We filled up, pulled up to the pay window (I think) threw a bunch of money at the guy and drove off. The locals seemed none to happy to see us there.

Hijack over.

Keep in mind that the lesser countries get the less quality oil...we still get 'the good stuff for refining.

http://www.api.org/aboutoilgas/upload/OilPrimer.pdf

I have already dealt with $4 gas for my V10 Super Duty...it sucks, but all I can do is try and get on the 'drill baby, drill' and 'drill now, drill here, pay less' band wagon.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

My 1990 Chevy Suburban has a 36 gallon tank. I filled up this AM....34.7 gal....$118. Good for 425 miles in town or 530 on the freeway.

Big Jake

That's ugly Jake, I got a 6 liter crew cab Chevy, it gets about 13.5-14MPG on a great day....

Paid $3.79 a gallon for diesel this morning. My truck gets around 16 mpg around town and up around 21 mpg on the highway when I'm not pulling the stock trailer. Still, I can't believe paying $3.79 for diesel...I mean, c'mon, people, it's diesel!! :angry:

So, the oil rich nations are paying less, and that is fine since it is their product. Now what do we other nations sell to them at crazy prices to help offset this? Today, in the news, I read that we are tapping into oil supplies with a new drilling method. We should be supplying all but about 20% of our own oil over the next few years. I wonder if the prices will go back down then, or will the middle east simply do what it does best...blow each other up so they have to rebuild their industry all the time? lol. Oh, gosh they should not let me read the news, huh?

One of the reasons prices are up is because demand in the U.S. is flat and refiners have the capacity to produce more. So now they're exporting to places like China where demand is higher. As a result, speculators in oil commodities have driven up the cost of oil. Speculators were also the reason prices hit $4.00/gal a couple of years ago. I believe we're on track for that and even higher prices this year.

The real problem I have with gas going up, is that everything else will follow. My mule feed will most likely double, paying $10 a bale now, last time gas went up it was $18 a bale. So, my monthly feed bill will go from $400-$500 to almost a $1000. Any traveling will be out of the picture.

My F-truck has a 25 gallon tank, fueled the other day at $3.19 a gallon, put $30+ in and got 3/4 of a tank. Have a rolling bunkhouse with a 40+ gallon tank, don't want to think of the $$$ to fill that one this summer. :angry:

Wife said she saw $3.06 today on the route, so it went down instead of up.......Buck :blink:

Gas at our local Costco was back down to $2.88 yesterday, from a high of $2.98. That's about 30-40 cents per gallon cheaper than it is in the counties inside the Beltway, AKA Occupied Northern Virginia.

10 city / 13 hwy in the 06 V10 with 4:30 gears ;)

....it has a 38 gallon tank - can you say ...Thirsty???? :lol:

Ouch! another case for why I have an '06 Diesel! 14 city and 17-20 hwy depending on speed and winds (65mph=20mpg - 75mph=17mpg) ...and it can pull a heavy 14K trailer all day long as fast as you want or get 8-10mpg at 65mph pulling it.

Ouch! another case for why I have an '06 Diesel! 14 city and 17-20 hwy depending on speed and winds (65mph=20mpg - 75mph=17mpg) ...and it can pull a heavy 14K trailer all day long as fast as you want or get 8-10mpg at 65mph pulling it.

Too funny! my truck has pulled plenty as well - no issue - the 4:30 ratio does alot. Actually can pull as much as you can (though DOT might get pi%%ed off)....First off...if you are buying a 3/4 ton and above truck and are worried about fuel mileage...dumb idea. The only reason I would have gone with a diesel is if I were to tow heavy loads all the time - I don't so there was no need to waste money on it, or maintenance expense on it. I can easily hold my own against a diesel if I need to tow the heavy load once in awhile..

Classic..

G (don't give a hoot about gas mileage with my truck - comes with the territory) G ~ U*S*A flag

Paid $3.01 yesterday to fill up at Sams.

My 1998 Honda Civic (Made in Ohio) gets 35 MPG. I work at home so we don't spend a lot on gas.

But the cowboy shoots are all about an hour's drive and that ain't gonna stop anytime soon.

Might have to car pool though. Which also wouldn't be bad.

Shadow Bay Johnny are you listenin'.

Move along now

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Paid $3.55 a gal this morning. On the road all day sellin tools out of a step van (diesel). Don't like the increase,in the end the increase will be passed on to my customers. Makes ya want to throw up sometimes but life goes on.

I just read an article a few weeks ago about the oil in the US.There are more oil reserves in the ground under Montana,North and South dakota than ALL the other oil producing countries combined.Why aren't we drilling for it so we can tell the Middle East to kiss our...well you know....?I'll tell you why;because the tree huggers and environmentalists are fighting drilling in Wilderness areas,and just about everywhere else.They seem to think their Hybrid's are the answer to everything.They're ok and get good mileage til the batteries need to be replaced for the tune of $7-8000.Then where'd they save money,since they had to pay more for it than a gas only vehicle to start with?Another thing that irks me is why diesel is so high.I drive all gas powered vehicles but it still irks me when you stop and think that diesel is the 1ST step from crude during the refining process.And my old 72 Ford with a 390 tows my trailer just fine,but I feel good if I get 10mpg.

I just read an article a few weeks ago about the oil in the US.There are more oil reserves in the ground under Montana,North and South dakota than ALL the other oil producing countries combined.Why aren't we drilling for it so we can tell the Middle East to kiss our...well you know....?I'll tell you why;because the tree huggers and environmentalists are fighting drilling in Wilderness areas,and just about everywhere else.They seem to think their Hybrid's are the answer to everything.They're ok and get good mileage til the batteries need to be replaced for the tune of $7-8000.Then where'd they save money,since they had to pay more for it than a gas only vehicle to start with?Another thing that irks me is why diesel is so high.I drive all gas powered vehicles but it still irks me when you stop and think that diesel is the 1ST step from crude during the refining process.And my old 72 Ford with a 390 tows my trailer just fine,but I feel good if I get 10mpg.

We are now... they found a new way to drill, and only about 20 percent of our oil will have to come from the middle east.. now that is a plan.. lol

You guys still got it cheap.

Here in Oz in your dollars and it's parity with the US$ at present we are paying $5.13 a gallon. :angry::angry:

We'll be over there next week at Winter Range, so we're looking forward to paying heaps less. :)

About 5 years ago I bought a used Honda Civic. It has an 8 gallon tank and can go about as many miles as my truck with it's 25 gallon tank. I love to drive my truck, but filling up the Honda sure doesn't hurt as bad. For commuting to work and driving to matches it works great for me.

Grizz

The Marathon down the road had Regular for 2.98 and the Castle acros the road was 2.97 as of about 7:30 tonight. I filled up at the Kroger in Opelika Tuesday for 2.92. (And it was advertised as ethanol free, too!!)

I was talkin to the shell dealer the other day about the price,here in Visalia 50cents from every gallon goes to taxes of some kind.They pump alot of gallon there.Now take all the gas stations in town,see how much they pump per month and ad it up,the city is gettin tons of money,the crime rate is over the top and the mayor dresses in nice thousand dollar suits,but then again he own a suit stor on Main,pretty cosey huh.. :mellow: Our sales tax is 9.25 all we can do is go to work pay the morgage and hopefully get enough gas to go back to work..30 years ago the farm owners would have gathered at a bar-b-que and ran the mayor out of town!

Mebbe I'm a bit close-minded... but I really get irked when people point out how expensive fuel is in Europe with the implied expectation that we should expect to pay the same.

Note: If I wanted to live in Europe, I would. My forebears had the good sense to leave there several generations ago just so their descendents wouldn't HAVE to live like the Europeans. -_-

Too funny! my truck has pulled plenty as well - no issue - the 4:30 ratio does alot. Actually can pull as much as you can (though DOT might get pi%%ed off)....First off...if you are buying a 3/4 ton and above truck and are worried about fuel mileage...dumb idea. The only reason I would have gone with a diesel is if I were to tow heavy loads all the time - I don't so there was no need to waste money on it, or maintenance expense on it. I can easily hold my own against a diesel if I need to tow the heavy load once in awhile..

Classic..

G (don't give a hoot about gas mileage with my truck - comes with the territory) G ~ U*S*A flag

Dumb idea huh? Not to argue but just consider this,

I paid $4,400 more for my Diesel in '06.

Using your 10mpg and my 14mpg just for daily driving at today's fuel cost in my area Gas $3.00, Diesel $3.35, in 100,000 miles I saved over $6,000 in fuel costs subtract $4,400 for the diesel = $1,600 savings. My extra maintenance costs for the diesel do not come close to $1,600 so it does add up and diesel makes sense. In 200,000 miles the saving is even greater.

Then calculate the towing fuel mileage, the diesel saves even more. So yes, If you tow alot the Diesel is the easy choice, even if you don't tow you can come out ahead.

And one more benefit is in higher altitude driving or towing, The turbo charged diesel is not affected near as much as the gas motor.

Just bought a Pontiac Vibe with a 1.8 /4 cyl. I'm getting close to 30 city and hwgy. combined and 35 on highway alone. Guess I bought this just in time. It's a nice little wagon can fit two gun carts in it and it's a California USA made Pontiac Vibe Toyota Matrix! :FlagAm: Beats the heck out of the Blazer I had, lucky if I got 16 mpg on that thing.:rolleyes:

Gas is between 3.08 and 3.21 up here. :unsure:

I traded a relatively good gas mileage ford PU for a 4wd Dodge to get the better gear ratio and easier pulling of my little mobile motel.

I really don't need a 4wd. Yeah right. Without it I wouldn't have gotten home since last Monday, 31st of Jan. More global warming than I can stand.

Dumb idea huh? Not to argue but just consider this,

I paid $4,400 more for my Diesel in '06.

Using your 10mpg and my 14mpg just for daily driving at today's fuel cost in my area Gas $3.00, Diesel $3.35, in 100,000 miles I saved over $6,000 in fuel costs subtract $4,400 for the diesel = $1,600 savings. My extra maintenance costs for the diesel do not come close to $1,600 so it does add up and diesel makes sense. In 200,000 miles the saving is even greater.

Then calculate the towing fuel mileage, the diesel saves even more. So yes, If you tow alot the Diesel is the easy choice, even if you don't tow you can come out ahead.

And one more benefit is in higher altitude driving or towing, The turbo charged diesel is not affected near as much as the gas motor.

Sounds like it works for you...good.

I am glad that I don''t need to plug in a motor at sub temps and need to wait for the motor to warm up. Glad I don't have the more expensive maitenance upkeep, Glad I can start and stop the motor around town - that ain't good for a diesel - plus a diesel is happiest when it has a load...since I don't tow as often the diesel makes no sense for me. Glad I don't worry about injector or turbo issues....basically the diesel is more prone to problems than the gas motor. Believe me - when you have a problem it WILL cost you.

My motor is naturally aspirated and incredibly reliable...It's a great off-roader (which I do often in mud and sand), and handles and steers easier by not having that extra 500lbs up front...

So, it may be about fuel mileage for you, but there are many issues that I considered where a diesel wasn't for me...what works for you is not applicable for me - enjoy ;)

Here's the reality to both sides of the argument:

http://www.trucktren..._gas/index.html

Archived