SASS Wire Forum

Tribute/ Campfire for Laylow - We have a date!

He would be right there with Hungblood Dammit

I, uh think I need to start this all over again.. I can see I have managed to start down a slippery slope, and like they say when you find your self in a hole, stop digging.. lol.. I am leaving that name alone, lol...

Does anyone have a copy of Ed's obit or eulogy they could send me?

Bumpin' this up for CupCake & others !!

Wimpy

OK TNX :)

Does anyone have a copy of Ed's obit or eulogy they could send me?

Pepper told me LLC requested to be cremated, which has already transpired, and there was no service. Certainly there will be many things written and said at the shoot tribute gatherings in the coming weeks. They may be posted here or I can let you know what I witness.

Utah Bob,

There was a nice letter written by his chief with the police department, in a encased with his badge and all. It was a very nice little presentation to Terry by his chief and it made us laugh at some of the things he had done with the department. The little get together we had to support his wife Pepper was an up time for us that took his passing a little hard. Good food, good company and they had a slide show of Ed going that was super.

His not wanting a service was just so Laylow Curly. It was always about others with him. It is why so many folks loved him.

Since he was a Marine also, a Semper Fi and of course a Fair Winds and Following Seas is in order too.

Next tribute will be a shotgun salute to him at The night BP shoot at Winter Range, followed by one at the night BP shoot planned at our club The Cowboys in Norco on the Saturday before the monthly match March 26th. There will be a big crowd for that one for sure. A celebration party of his life after the guns are put away is planned also.

I got the chance to meet Captain Jake and he said a lot of weet stuff about LLCs.. Since I love Ed's and Peppers so much.. I know love the captain too cuz he loved them... You know life it far to short to not add ot your "love em" list everyday.. Utahs, can you write a poem about a love em list? loll

I think we need to give Captain Jake and The Cowboys a shout-out for helping to make arrangements so we can have the gathering we would like to have. I know there were a few hiccups along the way, we pulled together for the love of our friend and managed to get things sorted out.

Captain Jake, you're a fine man, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU, and Thank You to the fine people who run "The Cowboys". :FlagAm:

You are right Stretch Dammit, The Cowboys is a club with a heart. Capt Jake and Ivory Jack and the entire BOD is why I am proud to be a member of that club.

We have had some tough times with losing some of our long time members, but just think of the posse that awaits us mortals.

Having a BP night shoot in celebration of a real pard and cowboy LLC-D is just so fitting. Thanks to all that got it to be and count me in.

Okay..l lets do a tribute to LLC's now then...

I first met Eds and his wife Peppers along with a bunch you other CA Hombres at the Taco Station. I was visiting CA and a branch because I was considering a transfer to CA. I had gone thru a bit of a mess in MO, and I wanted to be closer to my Dad to help him out was the idea. First you need to know my Dad is 91, he has had his back pinned and plated from about midback down to his waist. He has had three heart attacks, and colon cancer last year. His wife had an emergency quad bypass last year, and my 91 year old Daddys was calling out to me "come home"... Anyhow.. lol... He is not that sick, but he wanted me home... So... he faked it.. lol and I fell for it.. Like I always do.

I ended up at the taco station only because of Forty Rods and Curley Cole. Two of the best, and funniest cowboys I have ever met. I ened up meeting the rest of the "gang" that day. I got to meet the famous JJJ's and see his home, and enjoy his company.. that day at lunch I found Peppers and I fell in love with this little tiny red head married to LLC's.. she is very soft spoken, very funny, and so darn sweet.. And Eds and Ivory was there too.. I will never forget the cell phone guns sounds, lol. Being in Banking machine gun sounds on a cell phone crack me up, cuZ no way could I ever have that sound on my cell phone.. lol Anyhow you all made me feel at home... and I fell for ya all.. When I left a bunch of you kept in touch with me until I made my move. Since my move, LLC's, Peppers, JJJ's have been my friends and I loved all three of them.

So, Eds' had a heart bigger than Texas. He not only knew guns but man did he know books.. Ed could make you do dumb stuff to that you knew wasn't right.. but still you fell for it and did it anyhow. He coined the phrase "minnons' as far as I am concerned.. lol.. And I will forever be his minnion friend and a minnion to JJJ's.. lol If you dont know what a minnion is you have to ask JJJ's.. or Peppers.. lol. At first I feltl Ed was my chance to "save' someone from dying.. since I could not save my first husband.. how is that for a truth? But as time went along I saw that Ed was so much more than that. He made me realize that I can not save the world, and I may not find the guy I want but having friends and family can be enough. I never felt unwanted or unneeded.. Ed's made you feel like you were doing the very best thing for him, even when you knew you were not helping much at all.

So, my friend, LLC's has left us now, even though I prayed for a miracle.. the only one I got was just meething him and all of his Gang.. The Dammits.. lol Now, yeah, I am in love with the gang and how sweet they all are.. Ed will never leave my heart.. and the gang will never leave my soul.. so I am stuck here in CA Dammit.. lol

Okay..l lets do a tribute to LLC's now then...

I first met Eds and his wife Peppers along with a bunch you other CA Hombres at the Taco Station. I was visiting CA and a branch because I was considering a transfer to CA. I had gone thru a bit of a mess in MO, and I wanted to be closer to my Dad to help him out was the idea. First you need to know my Dad is 91, he has had his back pinned and plated from about midback down to his waist. He has had three heart attacks, and colon cancer last year. His wife had an emergency quad bypass last year, and my 91 year old Daddys was calling out to me "come home"... Anyhow.. lol... He is not that sick, but he wanted me home... So... he faked it.. lol and I fell for it.. Like I always do.

I ended up at the taco station only because of Forty Rods and Curley Cole. Two of the best, and funniest cowboys I have ever met. I ened up meeting the rest of the "gang" that day. I got to meet the famous JJJ's and see his home, and enjoy his company.. that day at lunch I found Peppers and I fell in love with this little tiny red head married to LLC's.. she is very soft spoken, very funny, and so darn sweet.. And Eds and Ivory was there too.. I will never forget the cell phone guns sounds, lol. Being in Banking machine gun sounds on a cell phone crack me up, cuZ no way could I ever have that sound on my cell phone.. lol Anyhow you all made me feel at home... and I fell for ya all.. When I left a bunch of you kept in touch with me until I made my move. Since my move, LLC's, Peppers, JJJ's have been my friends and I loved all three of them.

So, Eds' had a heart bigger than Texas. He not only knew guns but man did he know books.. Ed could make you do dumb stuff to that you knew wasn't right.. but still you fell for it and did it anyhow. He coined the phrase "minnons' as far as I am concerned.. lol.. And I will forever be his minnion friend and a minnion to JJJ's.. lol If you dont know what a minnion is you have to ask JJJ's.. or Peppers.. lol. At first I feltl Ed was my chance to "save' someone from dying.. since I could not save my first husband.. how is that for a truth? But as time went along I saw that Ed was so much more than that. He made me realize that I can not save the world, and I may not find the guy I want but having friends and family can be enough. I never felt unwanted or unneeded.. Ed's made you feel like you were doing the very best thing for him, even when you knew you were not helping much at all.

So, my friend, LLC's has left us now, even though I prayed for a miracle.. the only one I got was just meething him and all of his Gang.. The Dammits.. lol Now, yeah, I am in love with the gang and how sweet they all are.. Ed will never leave my heart.. and the gang will never leave my soul.. so I am stuck here in CA Dammit.. lol

Thank you for this....

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Oh Thanks,Miz Vouz, blame me and 4T for your coming to CA....ha...I will accept such blame, graciously...glad you found a home.

Earlier in one of these posts I commented that LLC was the SECOND Cowboy to introduce himself to me and Old Top at our first match. He was only beat out by Ivory Jack. Those two presented the essence of the Cowboys in that first meeting and I knew I waz in the right place. You would have thought they knew us forever...actually I think they did..we just hadn't got there yet....well, we are here now....and a Cowboy and proud of it......dammit

Capt. Jake was the first Cowboy I talked to (well it was on the phone...) I probably interupted his dinner, but you would never know...he made us feel at home right over the phone, and that is what he does in person..No matter how busy he is even during a big match, he will stop and shake my hand and talk and let you look him right in the eye...(AND THAT IS DAMN IMPORTANT TO ME) Capt Jake IS the Cowboys,

I will forever miss LLC, and I daily wish I had met him a lot sooner. I didn't spend as much time as I should have at the dammit camp, but sometimes, I just have to go where it is quiet and take my medication and try to make the pain go away. and I always felt guilty to be complaining about my pain and problems, especially when I was talking with LLC, because I knew his pain and suffering and he would be there on line or the phone comforting me...he was just that kind of a guy.

and finally, he spoke to me about how bad he felt putting Pepper thru all this and how much he loved her, and I was able to tell him that she would be there for him, and not to worry, she was strong, and she had a lot of support..

My first trip back to Norco is gonna be a hard one, but I know I will feel his presence there...so it will be ok to go back....It just will be harder to see them targets

thanks for allowing me to comment here....and God Bless LLC, Pepper, J3, and all them damn Cowboys.

curley

Archived