SASS Wire Forum

To the guy honking and waving at me on the highway

Grizzly Dave

This thread brought back to mind a little tale..

I was riding down I-40 with a friend of mine one afternoon when we had a small, snow-white car come flying up behind us..We were in the passing lane, moving around 10 mph over the speed limit just to keep up with traffic..Fairly crowded highway, during rush hour..My buddy moves over into the right lane and lets this nimrod by since he was about one inch from our rear bumper..As he goes by, I get a look at the driver-Teenaged or mebbe slightly older kid, wearing a white dress shirt and a face full of attitude..His car was one of those itty-bitty low-riding things with gaudy mags, thin profile tires and all tricked out..The style that was popular with a lot of young kids in the early 90's..It also looked like he had spent the better part of the day washing, waxing, and polishing his baby..Really clean! And snow white, like I said..You could also hear the THUD,THUD,THUD of the bass-enhanced rap crap he was listening to.. :angry:

Anyhoo, this kid was in a hurry to get either somewhere or nowhere, he rips past us and pulls up on the bumper of the next car up..The driver did like us, pulled over into the right lane and lets him by..Same deal with the next car up, and the next..By this time, he's got our full attention since he's riding everyone's bumpers so close that we're sure there's going to be a bad wreck, even though by now we're quite a safe ways back..:unsure:

Well Pards, the next vehicle in the left lane was a fully loaded cattle rig..And the little twerp, sure enuff, roars right up to the rear of the trailer..About the time he got his nose up against the back of that rig one of the cows in it, which had it's rear end in the "perfect position to launch" decides it's a good time to answer nature's call.. :o:blink:

'Ol Bossy must have not "gone" in quite a while..the resulting evacuation completely covered the car's windshield and hood with green ooze, and we thought for a second or two the little jerk was going to lose control because he could see absolutely nothing!

He turned on his wipers and smeared the fecal matter around enuff to where he could get hisself pulled off on the shoulder..As we passed him he was out of his car in his black and white dress duds, using a kleenex or something to try and clean his windshield..Looked like all he had handy! ^_^

Of course nobody was laughing at him as they passed him by..We sure weren't-NOT!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

One day I was driving down the highway in the inside lane and I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that a guy was coming up on me at a very high rate of speed, at the speed he was going I was afraid to change lanes to the right figuring he would try to pass on the right so I stayed where I was. He pulled along the right side of me, slowed down and held up a pair of handcuffs, you should have seen his face when I reached in my pocket and held up my Gold Badge, he quickly changed lanes across three lanes of traffic and exited the highway.

:o

Happened to my partner many years ago when I worked in Norfolk, VA. My partner was driving back to our office in a g-ride when he happened upon a young sailor driving a former marked police car. It still had the drivers' post spot light. The youngster driving had his window down and was driving one handed with his left arm draped along the open window ledge in what he must have believed to be "real cop" fashion. As my buddy pulled alongside at a stop light, our young wanna be peered over his Ray-Bans and scowled at my partner and proceeded to pick up and talk into a seat belt buckle. When the light changed, my now laughing pard tapped the horn-ring siren and used his loud-hailer to say something snappy about the perils of impersonation. Our sailor turned red, slowed and pulled out of traffic.

Archived