SASS Wire Forum

To the guy honking and waving at me on the highway

Grizzly Dave

What's the deal? The way you were acting, I was dragging a small child from my bumper, I wasn't, I pulled over and got out and crawled under the truck in the snow and -5 degree temps and checked.

Maybe you were just mad because you thought I cut you off. Here's the deal, you were behind me on the on ramp, if you want on the highway ahead of me, pull all the way into the fast lane. That's what it looked like to me so I continued to merge into the slow lane.

Lastly, I could see your mouth moving and arms waving, but with your window up, my window up I have no idea what you were trying to tell me.

Grizz, who went a few miles farther on the ice and snow and decided it wasn't worth it and came back home.

What's the deal? The way you were acting, I was dragging a small child from my bumper, I wasn't, I pulled over and got out and crawled under the truck in the snow and -5 degree temps and checked.

Maybe you were just mad because you thought I cut you off. Here's the deal, you were behind me on the on ramp, if you want on the highway ahead of me, pull all the way into the fast lane. That's what it looked like to me so I continued to merge into the slow lane.

Lastly, I could see your mouth moving and arms waving, but with your window up, my window up I have no idea what you were trying to tell me.

Grizz, who went a few miles farther on the ice and snow and decided it wasn't worth it and came back home.

Whats sweet is go on down the road and see "impatient idiot" spun out in the ditch. Its always especially rewarding to slow down, wave, and give a thumbs up.

Whats sweet is go on down the road and see "impatient idiot" spun out in the ditch. Its always especially rewarding to slow down, wave, and give a thumbs up.

I often use a different finger, not the thumb. :ph34r:

Back in 1990 my wife and I were returning to the Sacramento, CA area from a trip to Disneyland with our daughter, then about 6 years old. A magenta colored Dodge Challenger passed us on I-5 doing a minimum of 110 mph (we were doing 70 and they passed us like we were standing still). About 10 minutes later we passed the Challenger- it was pulled over by CHP, occupants sitting on the shoulder of the freeway in handcuffs, all doors and trunk open and contents of the car being removed and examined by officers. Sweet.

I had a guy do something similar to me a while back, he was pointing out that I had a nearly flat tire. The guy today was a bit more animated than that, But not finding any mechanical problems nor children or livestock being drug from the bumper I guess he was just being a jerk. Think maybe I'll get the wife to follow me a bit this afternoon just to make sure I don't have a wheel wobbling or some such.

I had a guy do something similar to me a while back, he was pointing out that I had a nearly flat tire. The guy today was a bit more animated than that, But not finding any mechanical problems nor children or livestock being drug from the bumper I guess he was just being a jerk. Think maybe I'll get the wife to follow me a bit this afternoon just to make sure I don't have a wheel wobbling or some such.

That's a fairly common technique carjackers use to get you to stop.

UB - When I pulled over, it was about 8 car lengths behind a state trooper with lights on cleaning up an accident. And if the guy had pulled over with me, I'd have kept going... I made sure he was out of sight down the highway before I pulled over.

Good point though, have to be vigilant with situational awareness.

Grizzes was he driving a Toyota? lol

Jack, that must be it, he was all like "OMG, you're Gizzly Dave from the SASS wire, you look just like your avitar!"

Deja, no, a chevy truck I think.

Joe, back in the day I made quite a few bucks doing that, don't have the energy any more.

Red, worth saying twice because it's true, especially on ice and snow. Now put me on a dry interstate on the way to a match, then.....no comment.

Grizz

But Dave, that was me waving at you. I wanted you to stop so I could give you a pair of 5 1/2" barrel 38-40 1st Gen Colts.

You didn't stop so I gave them to the next guy that kinda looked cowboy.

Noz, but I did stop! Now you owe me!

Took the truck down the Lowes just now for paint and faucets and stuff. Parked on clear blacktop, I could tell that my drivers rear tire was low, on the snow it was hard to tell, that must have been what he was trying to tell me. It's aired up now.

Grizz

One day I was driving down the highway in the inside lane and I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that a guy was coming up on me at a very high rate of speed, at the speed he was going I was afraid to change lanes to the right figuring he would try to pass on the right so I stayed where I was. He pulled along the right side of me, slowed down and held up a pair of handcuffs, you should have seen his face when I reached in my pocket and held up my Gold Badge, he quickly changed lanes across three lanes of traffic and exited the highway.

:o

YES Allie Mo (no E) I'm jesting and don't call me Shirley. I too have AAA and don't do that anymore.

When I bought a '64 1/2 Mustang for my (then 15 yr old ) son, I showed him the jack and spare tire

in the trunk. Made him change it by himself to learn how. That's when he asked about AAA. I told him that's for me and my wife, but he was young and could do it.

Big Jake

One day I was driving down the highway in the inside lane and I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that a guy was coming up on me at a very high rate of speed, at the speed he was going I was afraid to change lanes to the right figuring he would try to pass on the right so I stayed where I was. He pulled along the right side of me, slowed down and held up a pair of handcuffs, you should have seen his face when I reached in my pocket and held up my Gold Badge, he quickly changed lanes across three lanes of traffic and exited the highway.

:o

Did that to a car of teenaged girls who had flipped me off once. :lol:

Several years ago while Southbound in Warshington on I-5, a car full of what looked like family blew by me like I was backing up. Not too far down the freeway, Washington's finest was having a chat with this rocket scientist. He had Kalifornia plates. Not long after, he blows by me and everyone else only to be talking with another officer a few miles later. To spare you, this happened a third time. I assume he was so stupid he did not understand what any of the Troopers were saying about reciprocity. I hope the jerk needed to take out a second mortgage to pay the tickets and make his insurance company happy.

Ya know Grizz, ya aint foolin' me wif dat ole line......

Ya just want Mrs Grizz to look at yur backside !!!! :lol:

Archived