SASS Wire Forum

Tribute/ Campfire for Laylow Curly * UPDATE*

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How Heaven's Scent....

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Wow.. I love that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where were you when I was decided what to use.. lol..

I think we need to give Captain Jake and The Cowboys a shout-out for helping to make arrangements so we can have the gathering we would like to have. I know there were a few hiccups along the way, we pulled together for the love of our friend and managed to get things sorted out.

Captain Jake, you're a fine man, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU, and Thank You to the fine people who run

"The Cowboys". :FlagAm:

So, is this a "how about those cowboys" kinda cheer? lol.. Will JJJ be the dancing cheerleader at the pep rally? I will be there as long as he wears the right outfit.. lol.

How Heaven's Scent....

JJJ-D

Hey Jittery,

Your on to somthin' I think. Keep the ideas a flowin'. Terri is gettin' excited about bein' a part of CAS and all, she is lovin' the people.

Roy

Then "Daisy Dammit" :D

She has to send a BP round down range for that name.

Roy

Roy

So, uh does she need a gun and a shell? lol I, a girl. might have just the thing for her.. Its a special JJJ's load.. lol.. Just for girls.. lol... come on to the campfire... Heaven scent..

Roy

So, uh does she need a gun and a shell? lol I, a girl. might have just the thing for her.. Its a special JJJ's load.. lol.. Just for girls.. lol... come on to the campfire... Heaven scent..

Double Tap in honor of LLCs..

Double Tap in honor of LLCs..

I got some 'special' shells for the shoot...

JJJ-D

Wow.. I love that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where were you when I was decided what to use.. lol..

OK, for the alias Heaven Scent or Heavenscent what would her short name be? Terri was wanting Sweet Pea but that name was taken, like I said she loves Jesus & flowers, oh and me :) . I was thinkin' on Glory Bea :lol: no way she said. How bout Little Miss. Sunshine Heavenscent? :lol::lol: I'm loosin' it here. NEED HELP. An alias is serious business.

Roy

BTW,

I think this subject should be directed to a new thread. We got off track here a bit. Sorry...

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

I'll talk to Ruthless Ruthie to see if that weekend is clear for her. She still needs to qualify for Dammitt membership.

If we are going to have some gals qualify at the night shoot for full Dammit Gang status, badge, alias and all, I can bring my super mild rifle rounds that look way worse than they bite and a easy to shoot Marlin too. There have been a number of gals that have used my junk, er shootin' irons and nightime specials. Ask Diamond Jay, Ima Scofield and Calliope Cupcake for instance. Those gals put them downrange at night and in style. :wub:

WJ,

Just "TELL" RR to be there. We haven't seen her for a while. :D

Just talked to her and she put it on her calendar. She would like to shoot the BP match. I have a couple of Ruger 45's and a SxS shotgun for her but i need to borrow a rifle and acquire some BP rounds.

WJ

Just talked to her and she put it on her calendar. She would like to shoot the BP match. I have a couple of Ruger 45's and a SxS shotgun for her but i need to borrow a rifle and acquire some BP rounds.

WJ

WJ I got ya covered on the 45's. But don't forget to remind me. I can fix ya up with a rifle too.

WJ I got ya covered on the 45's. But don't forget to remind me. I can fix ya up with a rifle too.

will do, thanks

JJJ,

One of my fondest memories of Laylow is when he organized all of us to go see Appaloosa at the theater and we all dressed up in cowboy. And also when he organized all of us to travel to AZ to attend the first High Noon At The Tombstone Livery match in Feb. 2008. What a hoot we all had at the Crystal Palace.

Roy

Roy that is the very place I met all of you, altho I had chatted with most of you here on the SASS Wire. It was truly an honor to meet you all in person and shoot with you. Laylow will be missed by a GREAT NUMBER of pards out there.

You know RR that was just one fun time. I think of it often and will think of how Ed goaded the Dooleys into a challenge match right there where it would be proper, Tombstone. The Dooleys met the challenge and shooter for shooter the gunfight was on. I am not sure who actually won, but what a great time including Mz Rocky Meadows birthday party at the one and only Crystal Palace. That party was a little blurry to me the next morning, but I remember it now. Why we even had a shoot out with the Karioke. I do believe Capt Jake matched T-Bone song for song. Dammit that was fun. Then to show up and start the match with a lynchin' of Youngblood, T-Bone and of course the one and only Laylow Curly. I never laughed so much, ever. Good times for sure and I'll be remembering them too pard.

Ture so true my friend. Mz Rocky's party was a blast. I even have a photo of you getting your cowboy sash... You in all your finery. as well as the linchin the next morning...LOL T-bone couldnt stop talkin even as he lay there after bein linched. Memories to be cherished for ever. Who said that...BUNGIE CORD DAMMIT thats who..

If we are going to have some gals qualify at the night shoot for full Dammit Gang status, badge, alias and all, I can bring my super mild rifle rounds that look way worse than they bite and a easy to shoot Marlin too. There have been a number of gals that have used my junk, er shootin' irons and nightime specials. Ask Diamond Jay, Ima Scofield and Calliope Cupcake for instance. Those gals put them downrange at night and in style. :wub:

YES they did. Really lit up the nite sky.

I'll be there, double tapping everything.

Double Tapping with Black Powder hollerin' "More Smoke Dammit"! Oh BTW, I think all the posses should be named Posse 2 so there isn't a fight on who gets on Posse 2.

Double Tapping with Black Powder hollerin' "More Smoke Dammit"! Oh BTW, I think all the posses should be named Posse 2 so there isn't a fight on who gets on Posse 2.

O.K.

JJJ-D

I'll be there Saturday but have to leave sunday am. It's bad when surgery gets in the way of shootin' Dammit.

I'll be there Saturday but have to leave sunday am. It's bad when surgery gets in the way of shootin' Dammit.

I'm lookin' forward ta seein' ya!

JJJ-D

Do you have someone to drive you? You may not be able to yourself, you will be in Dammitville you know. :ph34r:

Do you have someone to drive you? You may not be able to yourself, you will be in Dammitville you know. :ph34r:

I didn't sat what time I would be leaving :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

All I can say if Ed's is looking down right now and having the best of times. I think, for some reason, lol, that he is pretty fired up about the shoot, and the people. and the fun we are all looking forward to. No one knew fun like Ed.. Once in a conversation with him about people, and life, and what to expect out of life since I was new to CA and being Single. he said .." Well, then what is wrong with just being friends" I of course replied.. "uh nothing" ... lol.. He laughed at me, smiled and said, good cuz you have friends here, and sometimes that is the best thing you can have.. LLC's was right... Late at night I still hear his voice and the soft voice of his little wife who supported him, loved him. and treasured his friends. During that time I doubt I question if I can ever measure up.. but hey, LLC's tells me I can ... if I use the right tape measure.. lol. His humor, his love of life, his soul will live on inside all of us.. But being really frank here... I can't discuss him being gone... it takes me a while to adjust stuff.. and crying is something I have promised to never do again.

I Hope to become a Dammit that night.. but mostly I hope that I can be half the person Ed's was...

During that time I doubt I question if I can ever measure up.. but hey, LLC's tells me I can ... if I use the right tape measure.. lol. His humor, his love of life, his soul will live on inside all of us.. But being really frank here... I can't discuss him being gone... it takes me a while to adjust stuff.. and crying is something I have promised to never do again.

I Hope to become a Dammit that night.. but mostly I hope that I can be half the person Ed's was...

Deja, that is so Ed to have said that. But on the real, Ed is not gone, his memories will stay with us as long as we stay with us. Crying is ok when it is for the right reasons and helps us to cope with sadness. If the thought of Ed brings a tear to your eye, it just means you loved him. There is nothing wrong with that.

See you at the Campfire where it all began!

JJ-D

Deja, that is so Ed to have said that. But on the real, Ed is not gone, his memories will stay with us as long as we stay with us. Crying is ok when it is for the right reasons and helps us to cope with sadness. If the thought of Ed brings a tear to your eye, it just means you loved him. There is nothing wrong with that.

See you at the Campfire where it all began!

JJ-D

I do look forward to everyone being there.. but until then.. tell me a story.. you and JJJ's please? About how it was back then when the Dammits first rode into town. and how Ed formed his posse.. I have to say while Eds is gone I still have Peppers and JJJ's ... and I can not measure up to them either.. but then God never was afraid of giving me a challenge.. lol...

I do look forward to everyone being there.. but until then.. tell me a story.. you and JJJ's please? About how it was back then when the Dammits first rode into town. and how Ed formed his posse.. I have to say while Eds is gone I still have Peppers and JJJ's ... and I can not measure up to them either.. but then God never was afraid of giving me a challenge.. lol...

Hey Deja, Ask JJJ for the books. Those were the days when a man only needed a telephone pole and a trash bin. He could play for hours. :lol::lol::lol:

Archived