Tribute/ Campfire for Laylow Curly * UPDATE*

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No harm, no foul....

I was looking for a suitable scarf I could were UNDER THE DIRTY ROPE... :huh:

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Oh, well I have a nice pink plaid one or a nice flower print.. which one would you like?

BUUUUUUTTT I always heard if the rope broke, they had to let you go, if you could walk of course.

Hence the reason I carry two ropes. lol...

The rope hangin' off the Lilly is tied correctly (I know I tied it), That rope is old enough it might possibly let you go free, your neck might just be chaffed beyond your tolerance for the pain?

Really? so he has been here before a few times, huh? lol..

Bump...

Check the initial post for important info...

JJJ-D

Well I say, in honor of Laylow, the only "hangin" that should be done, is "Hang(in)over" the next day :wacko:

lol.. Marshals.. you are a quick wit.. lol..

btt.... Peppers.. I am speechless.. lol

Whoa, pardners. There will be no hangin's on my watch!!!

Gol durnit!

What a bunch of characters my husband collected!!

:lol::ph34r: Terry, both you and Ed always had an open camp for all who cared to sit a spell, enjoy the fire, and swap a few stories. For me such cherished times will never be forgotten. Terri and I are so saddened for your loss, but we know that Ed is now in heaven, perfectly healed. We love you.

Roy & Terri

Gol durnit!

Ha! Sweetie, I know you encouraged his collection. ;)

I've been thinking about you almost as much as I have been thinking about him lately. Believe it when folks say they are there for you. You are a sweet lady who is adored by all who have met you.

:wub:

No E - D!

Gol durnit!

Pepper,

You can't put all this on Laylow. Part of this is your fault. If you hadn't of taken care of him and let him be free to do the things he did, none of this would have happened. And don't be tryin to escape The Dammit Gang neither, cause will will hunt you down and bring you back to the camp. ;)

We Love You Bunches,

ME AP and The Gang

Pepper,

You must admit that you were Ed's shooting sponsor, as well as keeping him grounded (at least a little bit). I always enjoyed the friendliness of your camp, the chili cookin, and tasty post-shooting libations. Thank you for providing such wonderful care , so LLC was able to be himself. We love you, and appreciate your hard work.

btt.... Peppers.. I am speechless.. lol

WOW....

A first :lol: :lol:

LoL

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

WOW....

A first :lol: :lol:

LoL

JJJ-D

You just wake up that way don't ya? lol...

I am starting today then to coat my stomach with pepto, I will be ready for some serious party on Saturday nite and you can just let me sleep through the Sunday match. Providing Double Scotch will let me use his bench. I am glad I will be able to attend.

I rote a pome

Laylow Curly, Cowboy

A mans time on earth is never known

His life is faced with joy and pain

After the man

Its the legacy shown

By friends his life has touched

Not so much as mans life itself

The friends he made

Those who took his hand

The smiles brought forth

A permanent brand on anothers soul

Laylow Curly has ridden on

His last bronc running free

The trail ahead is far smoother

His wit and charm flowing in spirit

Memories remaining in minds and pen

Laylow waits for the rest to come after

Memories rushing back time and again

Time will ease the pain

The life, the Legend of Laylow Curly

A man I call my friend

Jailhouse Jim

Ha! Sweetie, I know you encouraged his collection. ;)

I've been thinking about you almost as much as I have been thinking about him lately. Believe it when folks say they are there for you. You are a sweet lady who is adored by all who have met you.

:wub:

No E - D!

I would like to add an AMEN to that!

Jim That was an AWESOME tribute....Truly inspiring.

Zilar Crevan

Gol durnit!

This from the quiet one ..... JJJ you said it all...

Zilar

I rote a pome

Laylow Curly, Cowboy

A man’s time on earth is never known

His life is faced with joy and pain

After the man

It’s the legacy shown

By friends his life has touched

Not so much as man’s life itself

The friends he made

Those who took his hand

The smiles brought forth

A permanent brand on another’s soul

Laylow Curly has ridden on

His last bronc running free

The trail ahead is far smoother

His wit and charm flowing in spirit

Memories remaining in minds and pen

Laylow waits for the rest to come after

Memories rushing back time and again

Time will ease the pain

The life, the Legend of Laylow Curly

A man I call my friend

Jailhouse Jim

That is really nice, and very sweet... I am sure Laylows is reading it from heaven..

Gol durnit!

You and your husband collected Peppers.. you are just as guilty of this crazy bunch as he is..

Tonight I miss him a lot.. How an native American faces death.

The attitude of the Indian toward death, the test and background of life, is entirely consistent with his character and philosophy. Death has no terrors for him; he meets it with simplicity and perfect calm, seeking only an honorable end as his last gift to his family and descendants. Therefore, he courts death in battle; on the other hand, he would regard it as disgraceful to be killed in a private quarrel. If one be dying at home, it is customary to carry his bed out of doors as the end approaches, that his spirit may pass under the open sky.

Many of the Indians believed that one may be born more than once, and there were some who claimed to have full knowledge of a former incarnation. There were also those who held converse with a "twin spirit," who had been born into another tribe or race.

Because I am White first.. I am a Christian.. all I can tell you is I miss Eds.. or LLC

His humor, his warmth, his sense of family, his compassion, and his love of "The Cowboys" .. those are the things that drew me to the campfire of LLC;'s and Peppers.. and all the people who surrounded him, have made my life a lot sweeter..

The last few days, have made me question my up bringing of not crying, and made me appreciate my ability to not cry all at the same time.. I get so confused by my multi culture kinda faith.. that I forget those who are in need of understanding, love and support.. Christie and Wayne.. I love ya.. Highroad and Annette.. love you too.. Nothing will ever change that.. Jonny T you are dealing with your own brand of pain and yet you are there for everyone else.., Marshal and Jennifer you are the very sweetest of people, and I love both of you. Peppers is a example of how I would like to live if I were as sweet and as strong as she is.. Bang Tails, VD and his wife, Angel , Roy and Terri... Oh gosh I could go on forever.. ya all are the very best people I have ever met. At times I worry that I can never measure up to all of you..

My father once told me, he did not have pretty children.. but he had children with brains, and with compassion.. I hope my compassion is on display often enough for all of you..

hugs.. Deja..

Deja,

Your Daddy was wrong on two counts, course this is just my opinion.

1st, it's ok to cry. It actually helps.

2nd, Your Daddy helped produce a beautiful Lady (YOU).

I'm sure your Daddy was a fine man, but even though his intentions were good, sometimes Dads make mistakes.

I think we need to give Captain Jake and The Cowboys a shout-out for helping to make arrangements so we can have the gathering we would like to have. I know there were a few hiccups along the way, we pulled together for the love of our friend and managed to get things sorted out.

Captain Jake, you're a fine man, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU, and Thank You to the fine people who run

"The Cowboys". :FlagAm:

This, just today is the first I've heard of Lay Low's passing. He was a good shooting buddy and I'm deeply saddened to hear of his passing.

JJJ, please send me a PM with the details.

LONGCOLT

Deja,

Your Daddy was wrong on two counts, course this is just my opinion.

1st, it's ok to cry. It actually helps.

2nd, Your Daddy helped produce a beautiful Lady (YOU).

I'm sure your Daddy was a fine man, but even though his intentions were good, sometimes Dads make mistakes.

+1

Roy & Terri

BTW, sure could use some help on thinkin' up a SASS alias for Terri. Two things fer sure n' fer certin, she loves Jesus and flowers.

Roy

+1

Roy & Terri

BTW, sure could use some help on thinkin' up a SASS alias for Terri. Two things fer sure n' fer certin, she loves Jesus and flowers.

Roy

How Heaven's Scent....

JJJ-D

Archived