SASS Wire Forum

Tribute/ Campfire for Laylow Curly * UPDATE*

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btt

Ed has now been added to the Cowboy Memorial site.

Utahs, you are just too cool.. I am glad Carol got you all better now.. ... I missed you and your poems.

Ed has now been added to the Cowboy Memorial site.

Thank you sir for the quick posting...

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

I'd like some cowboys to get together at Winter Range and make a toast to the premature passing a great pard, LLC.

KC

Some of us are thinking the same thing and the appropriate time might be at the BP night shoot. After all it was his passion to have fun shooting BP after dark and the basis for the Dammit Gang that he thought up after the first night BP shoot in Norco. As we were tossing a few back after the night shoot, he thought about how many times he heard, bang, no clang, and then damn it as all of us missed the targets that night. Naturally he came up with the Dammit Gang and many of the silly sub aliases too.

I am all for a shotgun salute to our friend like they are going to do in Norco, so I will be there with shotgun in hand to salute one hell of a cowboy. Let's do it.

No Bisquit, you are right pard. Ed and Mike are right there at the Lords side. In that context it makes me smile and I feel better knowing that.

Howdy, Rocky Meadows, Youngblod, Double Scotch, Cpt. Jake, JJ and the rest of the gang .... I have had Laylow and his wife in my thoughts sence I first heard about his condition. I wish it were possible to come and pay tribute to "Our Fearless Leader". Sence meeting him and the rest of you at Tombstone, I have enjoyed our conversations. That is where I became a DAMMIT GANG member. Laylow had already decided my Dammit name prior to us getting to Tombstone from a conversation where Rose made the comment that she was going to have to "Bungie Cord" me to the bumper because we were packing so much stuff for the trip. If one of you that will be there, please fire a round for me, to honor him, I would be forever beholdin to ya.

With Heavy Heart, But Fond Memories.

Zilar "Bungie Cord Dammit" Crevan

As the sky lights up from a hefty shot of my scattergun Bungee Dammit, you can count on being included in a shotgun salute to Laylow Curly. He would like that we include everyone that has earned their Dammit Gang badge of honor. Consider it done pard.

That goes for all our pards that can't make it, for we really have Dammits spread out all over the place now. We will be setting off BP fireworks after dark in everyones name in Phoenix and in Norco. I hope someone will bring a camera and take pictures. It should be a great show and Ed would really enjoy it and probably will from his place with the Lord.

Some of us are thinking the same thing and the appropriate time might be at the BP night shoot. After all it was his passion to have fun shooting BP after dark and the basis for the Dammit Gang that he thought up after the first night BP shoot in Norco. As we were tossing a few back after the night shoot, he thought about how many times he heard, bang, no clang, and then damn it as all of us missed the targets that night. Naturally he came up with the Dammit Gang and many of the silly sub aliases too.

I am all for a shotgun salute to our friend like they are going to do in Norco, so I will be there with shotgun in hand to salute one hell of a cowboy. Let's do it.

Count me in.

KC

IMPORTANT UPDATE>>>>>

O.K. I appreciate all the replies for the trubute, however it seems I spoke a bit too early....

I have learned there are a few possible problems with what I posted, mainly about who should be the point person for this, and as a result we do not know if we will be able to actually do this at the range or not.....

So I apologize to everyone for the error of my ways.

Lets just hope this can this can still happen.

I just spoke to Capt. Jake and he will be contacting the range to see if this can happen, so keep yer fingers crossed...

It will happen, just don't know right now when....

JJJ-D

Point person... The point is the best Cowboy in the whole darn (scratch that), whole Dammit gang has gone to heaven and we all want to remember him in a way that we feel he would appreciate.

Ed and Peppers are like family to me.. I still talk to Ed everyday from my heart. There is little that I do not share with Peppers and JJJ"s cuz they understand my sense of humor and my compassion.. cuz they are crazy like me... lol. Ed is looking down on all of us now, going .. uh okay y'all.. lets party.. and party we shall...

Hope to see y'all out there and meet your captain maybe since all I see of him is his great sense of humor at the meets after the firing quiets down. So, Captain, I will just have to walk up and say hello from a MO girl at the next meet.. ... lets get on with Eds' party... Thanks..

btt

Point person, really? The point is the best Cowboy in the whole darn (scratch that), whole Dammit gang has gone to heaven and we have questions about who will ride point? Who cares, as long as LLC's is remembered by us all in the very best way?

Sorry, I am just a girl. So what do I know about heart and getting lost in your own heart-felt emotions to the POINT of no return? Oh, yeah, that is what girls do best isn't it?

The POINT is the honor for a cowboy who was so important to all of us, and what other point can there be?

Sorry if I am stepping on toes, but I don't weigh a lot. I lost my cool, don't do that much. Hugs Deja

Deja,

I think the issue is that this must be cleared with the Range owner ahead of time.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Deja,

I think the issue is that this must be cleared with the Range owner ahead of time.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Oh, okay so he saw the post on SASS and was upset by it? I didn't know that he was into SASS.. thanks for the update.

Oh, okay so he saw the post on SASS and was upset by it? I didn't know that he was into SASS.. thanks for the update.

Deja,

I did not see where anyone was upset. I doubt that he saw it. Usually a club has one person who is the liaison to the Range and/or property owner.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Point person, really? The point is the best Cowboy in the whole darn (scratch that), whole Dammit gang has gone to heaven and we have questions about who will ride point? Who cares, as long as LLC's is remembered by us all in the very best way?

Sorry, I am just a girl. So what do I know about heart and getting lost in your own heart-felt emotions to the POINT of no return? Oh, yeah, that is what girls do best isn't it?

The POINT is the honor for a cowboy who was so important to all of us, and what other point can there be?

Sorry if I am stepping on toes, but I don't weigh a lot. I lost my cool, don't do that much. Hugs Deja

Deja -

Capt. Jake is the point person for The Cowboys, and no, Mike Raahauge doesn't read the Wire and until we talk to him today he won't have an inkling of what might have taken place on his property. The Cowboys are tenants on that range, along with 4 other shooting venues. We're trying to keep our relationship with him on the positive side. There are events scheduled there every Saturday and Sunday throughout the year; including a mounted shooting event scheduled for February 25th and 26th. Shootout by the River . Additionally, Mike Raahauge hosts Hunting Safety classes and private parties on the property. And nothing happens on Mike's property without his permission. How would you like a 100 folks with guns and no liability insurance showing up on your front lawn unannounced?

The wonderful things about the Cowboys is that things somehow get sorted out usually for the better. A tribute will happen. Hopefully we don't have to relocate.

Y'all do know that he really liked Texas...just sayin... ;)

Deja -

Capt. Jake is the point person for The Cowboys, and no, Mike Raahauge doesn't read the Wire and until we talk to him today he won't have an inkling of what might have taken place on his property. The Cowboys are tenants on that range, along with 4 other shooting venues. We're trying to keep our relationship with him on the positive side. There are events scheduled there every Saturday and Sunday throughout the year; including a mounted shooting event scheduled for February 25th and 26th. Shootout by the River . Additionally, Mike Raahauge hosts Hunting Safety classes and private parties on the property. And nothing happens on Mike's property without his permission. How would you like a 100 folks with guns and no liability insurance showing up on your front lawn unannounced?

Looks like someone spoke before calling, but I am sure they were going to call soon. Hearts do get ahead of minds often in my world. Friendship and love are both strong emotions, we all want to do our best to cherish those feelings in our lives.

The wonderful things about the Cowboys is that things somehow get sorted out usually for the better. A tribute will happen. Hopefully we don't have to relocate.

I am sure it will work out... The cowboys have a well run club.

Looks like someone spoke before calling, but I am sure they were going to call soon. But as you pointed out only the Captain does the stuff for the Cowboys, I thought he did the shoot stuff, I simply didn't know he would be involved in this tribute too, my mistake..but I am writing 100 times now that "you must let the captain do everything".. got it.. thanks for the information.

Guilty as charged....

Just use a new rope, O.K.?

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Guilty as charged....

JJJ-D

All have has is an old one, you don't mind do you really?

I had to edit this, sorry. Jitterys.. I am teasing you.. I know you and Ed were like Brothers, and this is a really hard time for you to have me picking on you.. you did a lot for him and for Peppers.. everyone has got to hope you are there for them if anything goes wrong in their futures.

All have has is an old one, you don't mind do you really? I just noticed at shoots that we have campers there the night before, so I didn't think that was a part of the shoot that had to be arranged. I figured they were just camping out there, I didn't know the Captain had to make arrangements for them all the time. Shows you how much I know, huh? lol

I had to edit this, sorry. Jitterys.. I am teasing you.. I know you and Ed were like Brothers, and this is a really hard time for you to have me picking on you.. you did a lot for him and for Peppers.. everyone has got to hope you are there for them if anything goes wrong in their futures.

No harm, no foul....

I was looking for a suitable scarf I could were UNDER THE DIRTY ROPE... :huh:

JJJ-D

Guilty as charged....

JJJ-D

There is actually a science behind the hanging rope so that it slides and holds correctly. I suspect if they use an old rope, they want you to strangle a little first.

There is actually a science behind the hanging rope so that it slides and holds correctly. I suspect if they use an old rope, they want you to strangle a little first.

oh that makes me feel SSSOOOOOOO much better... :huh:

JJJ-D

Archived