SASS Wire Forum

Tribute/ Campfire for Laylow Curly * UPDATE*

IMPORTANT UPDATE>>>>

Go here for details! >> BP Night Shoot

O.K. Here is what we are gonna do...

Our tribute to Laylow will be in conjunction with our already planned DAMMIT Gang BP night shoot on Saturday, MARCH 26, 2011.

As it turns out this is the perfect time to do this as Laylow was one of the driving forces behind the creation of these shoots.

Capt. Jake did what he could and I think this solution is a great idea, so we are on track, same day, just one month later!

Thanx to Capt. Jake for makin' this happen...

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

I posted earlier about reading a letter Ed wrote to me just before Thanksgiving...

One of the things he did NOT want was a memorial service where people were sad...

He wanted us to have a party, and told me so.

SO being one not to disappoint a true friend, we are planning a very open tribute to our Fearful Leader, Laylow Curly.

The DAMMIT gang will host a get together in honor of Laylow Saturday afternoon, March 26, 2011, at The Cowboys home range, Rauhauges, in Norco, CA.

It will be an event that was one of Ed's favorites. We will gather in DAMMITVILLE at the range for an afternoon/ night of celebration in honor of the best Cowboy/ Pard anyone could want. We figure to form camp about 3ish.

Come join the gang for a tribute to our leader, we will have a DAMMIT Honor roll shotgun salute to him at dusk, followed by a classic DAMMIT Gang BP night shoot!

AND the next morning is the regular Cowboys monthly shoot, so it will be a weekend that Laylow would approve of.

We will have a potluck BBQ and spend the evening shooting BP, remembering Ed, and celebrating all that was good (and a bit that wasn't) about him.

The celebration is open to all, just show up and we will treat you like Laylow would want you to be... Ya will hafta sign up for the shoot and there will be a small fee to cover range use, and please remember.... if'n yer shootin', no drinking before!

We will have a toast to our friend afterwards so bring your favorite libation.

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

P.S. We will also draw the winner for the pair of custom Rugers that night...

The stages for the night shoot have been approved and are posted for all to view!!!

See them here!

2011 Cowboys/ Dammits BP Night Shoot

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJJ,

Color me in pard......

Blue with a ting of very sad purple.....

See y'all there.

Youngblood

I posted earlier about reading a letter Ed wrote to me just before Thanksgiving...

One of the things he did NOT want was a memorial service where people were sad...

He wanted us to have a party, and told me so.

SO being one not to disappoint a true friend, we are planning a very open tribute to our Fearful Leader, Laylow Curly.

The DAMMIT gang will host a get together in honor of Laylow Saturday afternoon, February 26, 2011, at The Cowboys home range, Rauhauges, in Norco, CA.

It will be an event that was one of Ed's favorites. We will gather in DAMMITVILLE at the range for an afternoon/ night of celebration in honor of the best Cowboy/ Pard anyone could want. We figure to form camp about 3ish.

Come join the gang for a tribute to our leader, we will have a DAMMIT Honor roll shotgun salute to him at dusk.

AND the next morning is the regular Cowboys monthly shoot, so it will be a weekend that Laylow would approve of.

We will have a potluck BBQ and spend the evening remembering Ed and celebrating all that was good (and a bit that wasn't) about him.

The celebration is open to all, just show up and we will treat you like Laylow would want you to be...

We will have a toast to our friend so bring your favorite libation.

JJJ-D

P.S. We will also draw the winner for the pair of custom Rugers that night...

I would not miss it for the world.. Stories about LLC I could listen all night long.. Gotta run.. xxoo for y'all. Deja

From my family to yours.. I know none of us understand each other, but we have a bond. When I am stressed, I have little else to do but get in my car, roll my windows down, play a great CD and drive like crazy thru a twisting road to feel relief.. I thought that driving home would be enough.. But it is not... so before I go.. one last feeling of my family to yours.. and for Eds why i don't weep is because you would not want me to.. I am off to some release for the evening.. Good night... Thanks for all your posts, Ed is in heaven, no matter what culture you are, and I learned a lot from the man and his wife. Thank you Ed's for letting me get to know you..

Do not weep on my grave

I give you this one thought to keep -

I am with you still - I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awake in the morning's hush

I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not think of me as gone -

I am with you still - in each new dawn.

Please don't think of me and weep on my grave.

We all loved you so much Eds... and I miss you so much already you can not even imagine. You understood my heart, and I knew that from the gentle quiet talks we had ... Thank you forever.. and thank you Peppers for putting up with me since Oct.. Hugs.. Deja

Dammit, I am going to be at Winter Range. If there was only a way to get some doodymite shotgun shells to the party, it would be real nice, since he egged me on about them. Looking down at dusk, he could see the flame and sparks and would know I have my heart right there at the party. I'll see what I can do if I can get a volunteer or two to shoot them off at the shotgun salute.

Dammit, I am going to be at Winter Range. If there was only a way to get some doodymite shotgun shells to the party, it would be real nice, since he egged me on about them. Looking down at dusk, he could see the flame and sparks and would know I have my heart right there at the party. I'll see what I can do if I can get a volunteer or two to shoot them off at the shotgun salute.

Howdy, I'll be your huckleberry!

M.W. Medicine Woman and I will be there, DAMMIT!

When we first heard this news, Laurine and I sat stunned. After a bit Laurine said, "LayLow and Mike are greeting each other right now." I guess we will just have to plan on meeting them a little farther up the trail.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the bereaved family and friends.

It would be my pleasure and honor my friend. But we are going to miss you

Double Scotch

Weedy, since I can't mail them, I am PMing you. I'll load up a box for all you pards to shoot off and hopefully the light will be seen clear to heaven. Double Scotch I would be proud for you and all the pards to shoot some off for me, since I can't be there, it would be the next best thing.

Thank you all for replies and support for Pepper....

I will try to answer PM's as quickly as I can...

It gives me comfort to see I am not alone,

I just thought of another time LLC-D made me smile, I am feeling pretty good right now.

JJJ-D

As Kid Cavalier said "try and keep me away. Yes, I will be there to help honor our friend.

In every way Ed's life exemplified THE CODE OF THE WEST.

1. Respect yourself and others.

2. Be positive and cheerful.

3. Be a person of your word.

4. Go the distance.

6. Be fair in your dealings.

7. Be a good friend and neighbor.

I will miss you my friend.

Roy

JJJ,

One of my fondest memories of Laylow is when he organized all of us to go see Appaloosa at the theater and we all dressed up in cowboy. And also when he organized all of us to travel to AZ to attend the first High Noon At The Tombstone Livery match in Feb. 2008. What a hoot we all had at the Crystal Palace.

Roy

Hi Folks,

Sometimes I wish I lived closer to the wonderful folks in So. CA. This is one of them.

I wish I'd told Curly how much it meant when he encouraged me to come to that BP Night Shoot at Chorro Valley where I became a Dammit. Curly was one of the first to encourage me to get back into going places and shooting after a very bad year where I only shot four times. He made me feel like part of the gang right away.

RIP kind man!

:wub:

No E - D!

I wish I could be there to help honor the man I never met. From what I knew of him, I've been hoping that some sort of black powder salute was in the works and am glad to know there is.

Grizz

I too will be at Winter Range, dammit. I know a few of us will be, maybe we can coordinate a gathering over on the shotgun range there. I know Jailhouse Jim and I have campsites over there, I know from last year there is a lot of room for parking. Anyone going to WR if you PM me we'll see about setting something up.

Please keep those pics coming, they are just too good!

JJJ-D

Auntie Emmy and I will be there

and we will bring Lacy Ann Leathers.

I know how much Ed liked to Camp together

I'm sure that he appreciates the gathering

Coffee

thats a great idea jack. i'll send ya a pm with contact info. lets shoot a black powder salute and follow it up with some irish whiskey. howdy bring some of those shells with you too.

cc B)

I'll be bringin' some specials. I just made some up this morning for the folks in Norco to shoot. That is a great idea to shoot a few rounds off as a toast to LayLow Curley right there at Winter Range. It would be his way. Not sure they would let us do that on Saturday night, but we sure as hell can at the BP night shoot. See ya there.

Hi Folks,

Sometimes I wish I lived closer to the wonderful folks in So. CA. This is one of them.

I wish I'd told Curly how much it meant when he encouraged me to come to that BP Night Shoot at Chorro Valley where I became a Dammit. Curly was one of the first to encourage me to get back into going places and shooting after a very bad year where I only shot four times. He made me feel like part of the gang right away.

RIP kind man!

:wub:

No E - D!

No-E Dammit, I am setting off a couple rounds for you at Winter Range. You will know what that will look like, because being the trooper you are, you lit off a couple at your first night BP shoot and never flinched. I watched, you didn't. Love you sister and I know how much you cared for Ed and Pepper.

JJJ,

One of my fondest memories of Laylow is when he organized all of us to go see Appaloosa at the theater and we all dressed up in cowboy. And also when he organized all of us to travel to AZ to attend the first High Noon At The Tombstone Livery match in Feb. 2008. What a hoot we all had at the Crystal Palace.

Roy

You know RR that was just one fun time. I think of it often and will think of how Ed goaded the Dooleys into a challenge match right there where it would be proper, Tombstone. The Dooleys met the challenge and shooter for shooter the gunfight was on. I am not sure who actually won, but what a great time including Mz Rocky Meadows birthday party at the one and only Crystal Palace. That party was a little blurry to me the next morning, but I remember it now. Why we even had a shoot out with the Karioke. I do believe Capt Jake matched T-Bone song for song. Dammit that was fun. Then to show up and start the match with a lynchin' of Youngblood, T-Bone and of course the one and only Laylow Curly. I never laughed so much, ever. Good times for sure and I'll be remembering them too pard.

Gonna do my best to rearragne my schedule to be there for Sat. night.

Not sure I can stay for the Sunday shoot but I know Ed would love the celebration!

A Dammit

Archived