SASS Wire Forum

Top Shot -- Season Premiere Tonight

Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381

I think that Athena Lee's and Maggie Reese's abilities are darn solid.

Lee has:

2-Time IPSC World Shoot Open Women's Champion (1999 & 2008)

2-Time World Speed Shooting Open Women's Champion (2002 & 2003)

2-Time Australasian Championships Women's Open Champion (2001 & 2007)

2-Time USPSA Nationals Open Women's Champion

and the fifth woman to obtain Master class (only eleven women have done so)

Maggie Reese is more of a three gun shooter and has these titles:

2009 and 2010 USPSA Multigun Ladies Open National Champion<LI>2009 and 2010 Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-gun Ladies Open Champion<LI>2010 Bianchi Cup- 5th place Women's Overall

I agree Joe, I think the ladies will shine in a show or two if guys don't vote them out. And, it will be good for the show. They certainly have the abilities. bb

Finally got to watch it last night. The season opener was impressive. It kept a faster pace with more action than last year. The competitors on these shows ARE pretty much the best that can spare a month for the competition, that look good on camera and can ham it up just a little. Some of you tend to sell these folks way short.

I think it's gonna be a great season.

Possum

Hey Russ, I don't think styrofoam would be good. Every time I style my wig on one of those styrofoam heads, I get tiny white styrofoam beads all over. I don't think that would be pretty on the range. It is not biodegradable, where clay is.

John, those clay pool ball thingies are beads. Too tiny to shoot.

Regards,

Allie Mo

• 6 months later...

For the record our own Jasmine Jessie was invited to compete ... well maybe compete is a bit strong. And in the true Cowboy tradition when explained the rules and procedures she declined. I'm told that to a point the program is staged. I'm told that the various competitions were held and recorded several times with various outcomes. It was then left to the powers to be to edit the aired programs with an eye towards maximum suspense, drama, and shooter popularity.

If they are doing that, they are totally missing the mark eliminating the two gals the first two weeks.

I still say Brother King would be better than most of those fellers and a whole lot more entertaining. I wonder if they'd let him compete in full classic cowboy getup? :D

I liked that cannonball contraption. It would be a hoot to shoot.

yep me and the Mrs both thought that was cool and wanted to shoot it but I tell you I think I would be laughing so hard about 1/2 through I don't think I could finish

yep me and the Mrs both thought that was cool and wanted to shoot it but I tell you I think I would be laughing so hard about 1/2 through I don't think I could finish

Yeah, working hard on four tracks and it falls through the fifth. It would have folks ramping up the hoorahing for sure.

I watch Top Shot for the great photography, and targets. I would love to shoot a contraption like they used last night. My wife was saying we could build one that only used one ball (to eliminate the tricky reset of the trap door). Then she said that our next place has to have a spot where we can shoot on our own property just to do things like that. See, Top Shot is worth watching!

If they are gonna use an SAA at the nomination range couldn't they at least load it with Black Powder so folks can see what they are supposed to look like when they go off??!!

the cannon ball thing would have had me throwing a pistol at it before long,what mind boggler !! but it sure would be fun to try !! and that mason jar contraption, lever guns at 50 yards ! yeeeeha !!

I record the show and skip the phony drama.If I hear one more contestant say 'I'm a Navy Seal blah blah blah blah blah,I"m gonna shoot the tv !

For the record our own Jasmine Jessie was invited to compete ... well maybe compete is a bit strong. And in the true Cowboy tradition when explained the rules and procedures she declined. I'm told that to a point the program is staged. I'm told that the various competitions were held and recorded several times with various outcomes. It was then left to the powers to be to edit the aired programs with an eye towards maximum suspense, drama, and shooter popularity.

If this is true than it falls right in with the themes of "reality TV" which have nothing to do with reality. It seems like a soap opera with guns shots. Sorry they axed the two women right off not to mention that two women were too few IMHO. Would have liked at least 4 or 5. Only ever watch the gunfire and never the interpersonal crap. Takes about 15 min. to go through an episode. WW

Archived