SASS Wire Forum

Top Shot -- Season Premiere Tonight

Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381

Enjoyed it. Interesting and new challenges. I foresee a time when they become stumped to stay "new"!

Please Lord, let the mounted shooter have the ability to hit the broad side of a barn this season! Amen :lol:

BSD

Please Lord, let the mounted shooter have the ability to hit the broad side of a barn this season! Amen :lol:

BSD

For some reason. I get the feeling that this one will.

One of the shooters. Last name Parker. Just lives about 20 miles from me.

So guess I will be pulling for him. Atleast for now.

I was too dang tuckered out last night to watch, so i will watch when i get home today... looks like i will pull for the CAS mounted shooter and this Parker feller from up around Bar3 area.

The billiard ball shoot looked like an interesting posse shoot. Move the balls in closer and remove the obstructing balls so you don't have half-hour stage times. Then let posse members stage their personal handguns on the table (so they can shoot what they are used to). My long-barreled ROAs would be my chosen handguns. Anybody willing to give it a go?

Did anyone notice Chris shooting 29 double action style? At least that is the way it appeared to me and looked as though Travis was shooting it single action with little success. Not a bad show. Several sure did not show to much per their cridentials but they will probably do better as show goes on, especailly the lady 3-gun champ.

The billiard ball shoot looked like an interesting posse shoot. Move the balls in closer and remove the obstructing balls so you don't have half-hour stage times. Then let posse members stage their personal handguns on the table (so they can shoot what they are used to). My long-barreled ROAs would be my chosen handguns. Anybody willing to give it a go?

I think shooting the pool balls would be GREAT

I think shooting the pool balls would be GREAT

I think the balls they shot were made for the show....they looked like clay when they broke.....Pool balls today are made from Phenolic Resin....basically micarta......I'd be carefull before shooting them ......

I think the balls they shot were made for the show....they looked like clay when they broke.....Pool balls today are made from Phenolic Resin....basically micarta......I'd be carefull before shooting them ......

Check them out

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=clay+billiard+balls+&_cqr=true&_nkwusc=clay+billard+balls&_rdc=1

killed me when they were talking about the Berdan Sharpshooters, but used a 1874 sharps cartridge rifle instead of the 1863 paper cartridge percussion rifle. But then I'm a history teacher and a Civil War geek

Rafe :FlagAm:

And I thought I was the only one with the same thought! +1 LOL!

W

killed me when they were talking about the Berdan Sharpshooters, but used a 1874 sharps cartridge rifle instead of the 1863 paper cartridge percussion rifle. But then I'm a history teacher and a Civil War geek

Rafe :FlagAm:

Noticed that also, but using BP paper cartridge loads would give the early shooters a big advantage unless the gun was cleaned between shooters.

How about getting some of those styrofoam balls from the hobby shop. A little spray paint and presto, billiards balls. And should be a lot safer to shoot as they won't explode all over the place. (plus be a bit cheaper)

Russ

I'd do that too if someone would volunteer to pick the styrofoam pieces out of the gravel after the match. :huh:

did you notice that Bass Pro Shops is their sponsor this year ? BPS also gives a $2000 gift card to the winner of the elimination shoot. Kelly could have made a killin last year !

Maybe we could talk Wolf Bane into creating a "reality" show involving SASS shooters and stages. We could start with a 10-15 person posse and eliminate one posse member a week. I would watch especially if it had young women in old west style bikinis. :rolleyes::unsure:

Maybe we could talk Wolf Bane into creating a "reality" show involving SASS shooters and stages. We could start with a 10-15 person posse and eliminate one posse member a week. I would watch especially if it had young women in old west style bikinis. :rolleyes::unsure:

Actually, all they would need to do is put Jasmine Jesse in the show. She is a beautiful, young lady with a million dollar smile... and she doesn't need a bikini to make an impression on you! ;)

Not only that, but she'd stand a darn good chance of winning the whole thing!

Regards, TJH

I don't know if anyone else noticed but in the starting intro when their showing the cast members 0ne of the guys pulls a hammer double off his shoulder and it makes a noise like a pump being cycled, I've been out in the garage all day trying to make mine do that,I guess it Musta been a trick gun!!!. It's not a great show but it beats the daylights out of some of the other junk being offered as entertainment.

Willy B'

First off, it is a show about shooting. That is a great thing.

The competitions, in themselves, are interesting and challenging.

In reality, the contestants were chosen buy how they will look, appear and interact for the camera. Basically, the competitors, need to prostitute themselves for the audience.

If you showed up at any competition, with the "I'm the best" attitude, you would find yourself sitting alone.

It is a bit of hypocrisy that they get along as a team, yet, they are eventually going to go against each other. The premise of the show Survivor did not impress me and this is not different.

In my mind, they are putting shooters on display as ego heavy competitors. We call them gamers. But, we have seen many cowboy shooters that could waste most of these folks in their sleep.

Is it entertaining? Yes, to a point. The main audience I assume, is people that enjoy shooting. If you are a competitor, even in a minor way, you can see the faults in their production and laugh at the hype.

The host thinks he is cool. Much like Alex Tribet (sp) thinks he is smart.

Enjoy the show for what it is worth.

Actually, all they would need to do is put Jasmine Jesse in the show. She is a beautiful, young lady with a million dollar smile... and she doesn't need a bikini to make an impression on you! ;)

Not only that, but she'd stand a darn good chance of winning the whole thing!

)

Regards, TJH

Top Shot doesn't have enough money to attract Jesse Abbate (aka Jasmine Jesse.) Worse for Top Shot she is totally beyond the guys shooting this season. People would realize there is a giant difference between a pro at the top of her game and a bunch of pretty good shooters. Then they would realize that Top Shot is not about the best, it is about a bunch of pretty good shots with big egos.

I think that Athena Lee's and Maggie Reese's abilities are darn solid.

Lee has:

2-Time IPSC World Shoot Open Women's Champion (1999 & 2008)

2-Time World Speed Shooting Open Women's Champion (2002 & 2003)

2-Time Australasian Championships Women's Open Champion (2001 & 2007)

2-Time USPSA Nationals Open Women's Champion

and the fifth woman to obtain Master class (only eleven women have done so)

Maggie Reese is more of a three gun shooter and has these titles:

2009 and 2010 USPSA Multigun Ladies Open National Champion<LI>2009 and 2010 Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-gun Ladies Open Champion<LI>2010 Bianchi Cup- 5th place Women's Overall

Archived