SASS Wire Forum

What the hell is going on in Dallas

Henry T Harrison

What the hell is going on? I see that Dallas just gave Michael Vick a key to the city. Am I missing something here? He was named the NFL comeback player of the year for overcoming adversity, and now a key to the City in Dallas. His adversity was PRISON for torturing and killing dogs. Do they even begin to realize how cruel this guy was? He used weaker dogs as training aids and allowed them to be mauled to death, beat or electrocuted those that didn’t meet his standards.

What a pos this scum is.

Dallas needs to join Philly and hang its head in shame

What the hell is going on? I see that Dallas just gave Michael Vick a key to the city. Am I missing something here? He was named the NFL comeback player of the year for overcoming adversity, and now a key to the City in Dallas. His adversity was PRISON for torturing and killing dogs. Do they even begin to realize how cruel this guy was? He used weaker dogs as training aids and allowed them to be mauled to death, beat or electrocuted those that didn’t meet his standards.

What a pos this scum is.

Dallas needs to join Philly and hang its head in shame

Seems not very many in the area is happy about this.

The Mayor did not even know about it until after it was done.

The real keys to the city are gold or crystal. Only given to a few certain people.

BUT.

The folks on the city council. Has these little $25 keys to the city. That they can hand out. Seems as they please.

Mayor says he wants them to change that now.

A LOT of floks are VERY unhappy about this.

All over the news and the radio.

HTH,

I'm with you on this one. He's a disgusting individual who should have been banned from playing FB! This is just too much. I don't care if he's paid his debt to society. He's done nothing heroic to show that he's remorseful and rehabilitated. Now, if he did public service of his own volition (not a court order) cleaning pens at the animal shelter or helping with rescue animals, I might "give him a break." Until then, he's pond scum in my book too. :angry:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Being an animal lover and a yearly ASPCA donor, I in no way condone what Vick did. But he did pay his time, and he did get psychiatric counseling. IF he shows remorse, he deserves a second chance. To do any less is not the cowboy way. He who is without sin...

Being an animal lover and a yearly ASPCA donor, I in no way condone what Vick did. But he did pay his time, and he did get psychiatric counseling. IF he shows remorse, he deserves a second chance. To do any less is not the cowboy way. He who is without sin...

+1 for what Okie said. I love animals, too, but the guy got more time than most get for manslaughter, he did get counseling and seems to be trying to put his life back together. I'm a recovering alcoholic with 20 years sober. Thank God some folks were willing to give me a second chance, Lord knows I gave folks every reason not to. I grew up in the rural South, cockfighting and dog fighting were pretty common. Never liked it, never did it, but the culture has been there for years. Like Okie said, If ya live in a glass house....

That would be me, Okie. :rolleyes:

But it is hard to be modest and perfect. ^_^

Yup.

Now, his actions were despicable. He was tried and sentenced. Don't know if he deserves a Key to the City but from what I've read he has gone over and above his mandated community service requirements. We can never know what's in a man's mind of course but I say the justice system seems to have worked like it should in this case. My opinion only.

Yup.

Now, his actions were despicable. He was tried and sentenced. Don't know if he deserves a Key to the City but from what I've read he has gone over and above his mandated community service requirements. We can never know what's in a man's mind of course but I say the justice system seems to have worked like it should in this case. My opinion only.

Geez, I guess it's only typical that the news focuses on his misdeeds not the opposite.

Sigh! I still wonder what kind of person could treat animals like he did. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Criminal Mind (my favorite show) because when I hear about someone mistreating animals, I think of Jeffrey Dahmer. I think I'll Google Vick and see if anything good turns up.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Some say he has done his time.

He is still on probation. So for me. The time is not done

until he is free and off probation.

Lets wait and see what he does AFTER probation. Before we start

throwing keys to the city at him.

With everyone that was in town. And all the good deeds done by so many

of them. HE is who you pick to give the key to the city to??? Really???

Don't forget. He is the QB for the Eagles. On top of his past that he still is not

done paying for.

I don't begrudge the man a job. And football is his job.

But lets not get to carried away with awards that he does not deserve in the first place.

I don't begrudge the man a job. And football is his job.

But lets not get to carried away with awards that he does not deserve in the first place.

I can go along with that, AA. I do believe in giving a man a second chance, but yeah, I guess a key to the city stretches it a bit.

Sorry, AA, Vick is NOT on probation. He has to serve a term of Supervised Release, which is NOT probation & is NOT considered serving a SENTENCE. I spent 21 years with the federal prison system with the majority of that time in the sentence computation field, so I know a little about this.

I sure don't believe Vick should be banned from the NFL unless they have some sort of policy about employing convicted felons. The idiot mayor pro-tem who gave Vick the key is catching LOTS of heat in Dallas. Some of the local news folks are calling for his job!!! I think that's a little too much, also. We're sure quick to want to fire folks anymore!!

Hear, hear. As an Atlanta resident I was quite ashamed of Vick for several years. I pegged him and a few of his close relations for thugs early on, so sadly I was not surprised by the dog-fighting, the crimes his brother was involved in, etc. BUT -- he has done his time and seems to have genuinely turned things around. He DOES deserve a second chance.

That said, he hasn't done anything to deserve a key to the city - any city. And the clown who so "honored" him should be made to "feel the heat" until he "sees the light" as well...firing is probably too much, but he needs to understand how his constituents feel about his unilateral anointing of Mr. Vick. He is, after all, supposed to represent the community that elected him.

He is, after all, supposed to represent the community that elected him.

If he does, he will be one of the first!

I'm a recovering alcoholic with 20 years sober. Thank God some folks were willing to give me a second chance, Lord knows I gave folks every reason not to. I grew up in the rural South, cockfighting and dog fighting were pretty common.

Good on ya, pard. That is a tough opponent you fought.

Same here -- cock fighting was not uncommon in the far south when I was a kid. Never saw any dog fighting though.

Archived