SASS Wire Forum

LLC..Eds.. today he went home to heaven.

Deja Vous

Today we lost one of our very best… LLC in his battle with cancer. This was posted earlier today on the wire, and I wanted to share it with all of you.

I wanted a miracle of life, instead God gave me the miracle of knowing the man, his wife Peppers, and the man he called a brother.. Jitterys… JJJ. Until the very end Ed laughed with us between his moments of sleeping and dealing with cancer.

The man earned his spurs in his support of community, friends, family and his sense of humor, honor, humanity, and the cowboy way.

Long live this loving sweet man in all our hearts.. God bless you LLCs I wish I could have known you forever here on earth, but instead I will know you forever in my heart. Hugs, and a kiss on the cheek….. Deja..

My heart is broken. Not because God got a good one in Ed Kerley, but in that I won't be able to laugh and joke with him until, I too get on the other side. He was certainly a great friend and pard. I am going to cherish all the good times we had together and rejoice in that his pain and suffering is over and he sits there waiting for us.

Dammit, dammit. Yup, it was he who coined that some years ago when we had out first night shoot in Norco. Everone was saying dammit every time we missed in the dark. It was his sense of humor about it all that a whole subculture, THE DAMMIT GANG was formed and of course it went from that to a whole bunch of pards, cowboys and cowgirls that bonded together and always obeyed LayLow Curly's number one rule..............have fun.

God, bless him, give Terry strength to press on and to all the others with tears in your eyes, bless you too.

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death,

and overthrown the devil, and given life to Thy world: Do Thou,

Thyself, or Lord give rest to the soul of Thy departed

servant, in a place of light, a place of green pasture, a

place of repose, whence all sickness, sorrow and sighing are fled

away. Pardon every sin committed by him, in word,

deed or thought, in that Thou art a good God, the Lover of

mankind; For there is no man that liveth and sinneth not, for

Thou alone art without sin, Thy righteousness is an everlasting

righteousness, and Thy Word in Truth.

For Thou art the Resurrection, and the Life, and the repose

of Thy departed servant, O Christ our God,

and to Thee we send up glory, together with Thine

unoriginate Father, and Thy most holy and good and lifecreating

Spirit, now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Man this is a tuff one for me.

We've lost another great friend.

Gods blessing and healing to the family in this time of breavement.

Pine Dammit

May he find peace and glory in heaven.

To Pepper, JJJ, and you Deja, peace and respite for a time, and later JOY in knowing your loved one is resting in the right hand of the Lord.

Prayers and condolences for Family and Friends.

His pain is over with and his troubles are gone.

Rest easy, LLC.

~EE Taft~

Deja, da Lord had a job fer LLC to do. He didn't know what it was as did any of his family.

And da Lord was not gonna let LLC come home till he finished da job he was sent here to do.

He got dat job done and now he's pain free and rejoycein' wif da Lord.

He's enjoyin' da goodness of my Lord and I'm kinda jealous.

Prayers up to da Lord fer him and his family.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

The last paragraph from the DAMMIT story "The Last Straw", the story of Laylow and Pepper...

... Laylow was not surprised at this, but was grateful for the effort and attention Juan was giving his plight. “I am indebted to you for your assistance, Juan. If there is anything I can do for you, please say so.” “We shall get to that soon enough, let me continue.” Juan pulled an envelope from his breast pocket and handed it to Laylow. “Contained in here is information regarding the whereabouts of the man who was responsible for the death of Hermijillo, as well as his last known location. I do believe you should pursue this man posthaste to ensure he is brought to justice as soon after your acquittal as you can.” Laylow did not hafta open the envelope to know what it contained. He also knew Juan was right. Laylow looked pensive for a moment then took a long slow draw of his favorite single malt. “Well, there is no rest for the weary I guess.” He opened the envelope and read its contents. After he read it twice he stood and walked to the fireplace. Laylow tore the paper into several pieces and threw them into the warm crackling flames. “No reason to leave any evidence of your involvement around for anyone to use against us.” Looks like I’m headed West to the Superstitions. Good thing I’m not superstitious!” Laylow smiled and poured anther drink.

I have just returned home from Ed's place and Pepper.... It's been a rough day.

Laylow rode out of town this morning after the good Lord played the DAMMIT chip, seems he had need of our fearful leader...

Laylow was never one to shy from a challenge, and even when he didn't win, he still enjoyed the ride. This next ride is one with unknown adventures and a rich payoff.

I have been honored to have called him my brother, there is a hole in my soul that will remain there 'til we meet again. I just hope I am not wearing my spurs with the chains when I reach the pearly gates 'cuz I know Laylow is gonna have steps built so he can say to me... "Watch those stairs Jimmie, yer gonna break yer neck on those stairs with them chains".

He left me a letter that I just read, and I now know just how 'special' Ed was...

We all will miss him, but we are blessed to be able to share our memories for a long time, and just know if ya get just one part of the story wrong, he will let ya know...

Via con dios my brother...

JJJ-D

I really hate to hear this. I never had the pleasure to meet the man personally, but I do know what a good person he was. You can judge a man by his friends and I have seen on here what great friends he had....and what a great friend he was to many of you. My thoughts and prayers are with all the family and friends.

From my family to yours.. I know none of us understand each other, but we have a bond. When I am stressed, I have little else to do but get in my car, roll my windows down, play a great CD and drive like crazy thru a twisting road to feel relief.. I thought that driving home would be enough.. But it is not... so before I go.. one last feeling of my family to yours.. and for Eds why i don't weep is because you would not want me to.. I am off to some release for the evening.. Good night... Thanks for all your posts, Ed is in heaven, no matter what culture you are, and I learned a lot from the man and his wife. Thank you Ed's for letting me get to know you..

Do not weep on my grave

I give you this one thought to keep -

I am with you still - I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awake in the morning's hush

I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not think of me as gone -

I am with you still - in each new dawn.

Please don't think of me and weep on my grave.

We all loved you so much Eds... and I miss you so much already you can not even imagine. You understood my heart, and I knew that from the gentle quiet talks we had ... Thank you forever.. and thank you Peppers for putting up with me since Oct.. Hugs.. Deja

Today, I am a poorer man, since I never had the pleasure of meeting Ed.

My sincere condolences and deepest sympathies, first to Pepper, and then to the rest of his family and his host of friends. J J J, LJ and Deja, we grieve with y'all.

Ed, my never-met friend, I wish you nothing but Happy Trails, Blue Skies and Green Grass till we meet on the other side.

The world is a much poorer place without my friend Laylow Curly and I am a much lonlier man. God's speed my friend, I will see you on the trail soon enough. My prayers go out to your family.

DAMMIT! :angry:

I only met Curley once. We were Parking Nazis at EoT several years ago. Sure liked him. I'm confident he's riding the home range with The Boss now where there's no more pain or illness. Will remember his friends and loved one in my prayers.

Good ridin' pard. I'll be seeing ya.

Mo Rye Dammit

Btt.. and yeah, Eds was like that Morgans.. nicest person in the whole world.

Many of you may have seen the posting on the wire about atribute for Laylow later this month....

Looks like I kinda stepped in it with this post...

I have learned there are a few possible problems with what I posted, mainly about who should be the point person for this, and as a result we do not know if we will be able to actually do this at the range or not.....

So I apologize to everyone for the error of my ways.

Lets just hope this can this can still happen.

I just spoke to Capt. Jake and he will be contacting the range to see if this can happen, so keep yer fingers crossed...

It will happen, just don't know right now when....

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Point person... The point is the best Cowboy in the whole darn (scratch that), whole Dammit gang has gone to heaven and we all miss him so much... There is not a minute I do not wish that my miracle could have come true.. I miss him already.

Oh, since this is the saloon, set em up boys! I am buying, serving, washing glasses, if you use one. I am even taking out the trash! Love ya guys.. Deja..

Point person, really? The point is the best Cowboy in the whole darn (scratch that), whole Dammit gang has gone to heaven and we have questions about who will ride point? Who cares, as long as LLC's is remembered by us all in the very best way?

Sorry, I am just a girl. So what do I know about heart and getting lost in your own heart-felt emotions to the POINT of no return? Oh, yeah, that is what girls do best isn't it?

The POINT is the honor for a cowboy who was so important to all of us, and what other point can there be?

Sorry if I am stepping on toes, but I don't weigh a lot. I lost my cool, don't do that much. Hugs Deja

Oh, since this is the saloon, set em up boys! I am buying, serving, washing glasses, if you use one. I am even taking out the trash! Love ya guys.. Deja..

Deja,

The point is that it must be cleared with the range. The Cowboys do not own it.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Well the...

Shootout by the River

Sat. February 26, 2011 - 8:30 a.m.

The Southern California Cowboy Mounted Shooting is presenting "Shootout by the River"

I don't know what other shooting event is also being held at Mike Raahauge's that Saturday if any

but maybe another event is conflicting with that date. :(

Deja,

The point is that it must be cleared with the range. The Cowboys do not own it.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Oh, so is the range owner reading SASS and he got upset about not being the point person? Gosh, I am sorry if that is the case, I hope he forgives us all. Thanks for the update, what does a girl from MO know after all?

Oh, so is the range owner reading SASS and he got upset about not being the point person? Gosh, I am sorry if that is the case, I hope he forgives us all. Thanks for the update, what does a girl from MO know after all?

As I said in my other post...

I did not read where anyone was upset. I doubt the Range owner saw anything here. The point is that a club usually has one person who is the liaison with the range and/or property owner.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived