SASS Wire Forum

Health care today

Trigger Mike

I pastor a small church and went to the hospital Saturday to see a elderly lady who is sick and she was scheduled for surgery today (Monday) so I told her I would come for the surgery. Overall she seemed ok Saturday. When I arrived this morning the Dr was with her and the family telling them they will not do the surgery afterall and will "make her comfortable". It seems her aorta is thinning and plague is getting to the stomach and her kidneys are a concern as well. She had a small heart attack during the night and was vomiting as well. They had to giver her a blood transfusion when her hemoglobin got low. The son told me that he has been trying for 6 weeks to get a hospital to admit her. each time he took her up there they said she did not display enough symptoms. He went on to say that part of obamacare is there are stricter standards for admittance to a hospital. Finally her DR had her admitted for a colonosctopy when they discovered the aorta problem. Now, 6 weeks later she is too weak for surgery and another DR came in and said the following in a matter of fact way, " you have had a heart attack. We do not have your living will on file here. We will continue to care for you but if you worsen, as in you stop breathing or your heart stops etc, we have to go to a full code and, this is not a possibility, we will do CPR we will break ribs, punture the lungs, and spleen, and blood will fill your belly. What are your wishes if you worsen? Do you have a living will?", she said yes, but now that she is facing the brass tacks she does not know. He went on about how they will do all the things he said without that living will. He then said he will get with her children to hear their wishes.

This is obama care in action. Since we all get old this could be us one day.

Sorry for the crises for this Family. prayers up for them.

I do however disagree with you on the care issue.

The new health care has not kicked in yet on the most part, not till 2114, lets blame the current for profit health ins. co's not The National Health care reform.

Best wishes,

MS

Sorry for the crises for this Family. prayers up for them.

I do however disagree with you on the care issue.

The new health care has not kicked in yet on the most part, not till 2114, lets blame the current for profit health ins. co's not The National Health care reform.

Best wishes,

MS

I think some of the mandates have kicked in, she is over 77, so she does not have health insurance from a private insurer, but from medicare, the government. Each time her son took her to the emergency room at different hospitals they sent her home without admission.

This is obama care in action. Since we all get old this could be us one day.

Several parts of the bill have already gone into effect. What has been the result? Some insurance companies how raised their rates by more than 60%, resulting in more people unable to afford insurance. The whole mess will end up in the lap of SCOTUS. America simply cannot afford this horribly flawed bill.

Flawed bill or not, insurance rates keep sky rocketing anyway, so where does the buck stop.

National Health with a public option is the answer, this pre-exisitng conditions under our current programs is just plain wrong.

My Wife has some health issues and no insurance and there aren't any programs out there that will help her. There's not one doctor out there who will even see her. Talk about a death warrant.She is not the only one, here we have the richest county in the world and young and old are dying needlessly.

Just some health talk not political.

MS

Just some health talk not political.

MS

You're talkin political. And I couldn't disagree with your stance any more. I could go on a long diatribe about why the system is in the shape it's in, but politics aren't permitted here, for good reason. I'm leaving it there. Have a great evening.

Several parts of the bill have already gone into effect. What has been the result? Some insurance companies how raised their rates by more than 60%, resulting in more people unable to afford insurance. The whole mess will end up in the lap of SCOTUS. America simply cannot afford this horribly flawed bill.

My insurance went up 100% now.

And I could just barely afford it back when it was "cheap" ! :angry:

My insurance went up 100% now.

And I could just barely afford it back when it was "cheap" ! :angry:

I know before the bill passed some Drs refused to take on new medicare patients, now I hear some are being dropped by their Dr. They don't have to say it is due to health care. I had one Dr who dropped me as a patient because I would not lose weight. I am not overly fat either.

This incident of the hospital refusing to take her because she did not display enough symptoms, even after coming back several times and then by the time a hospital does take her it is too late so a Dr tells her all the damage they will do if they do CPR so they want a copy of her living will tells me we have reached a new level of non-care for the elderly.

Welcome to life 101. Since health care has become "a Profit" system. The health system profits, and the care has decreased. :(

Just to clarify, healthcare in this country has always been "For Profit".

It has also been the patient's choice as to what dr. they chose to treat them so long as the dr, was willing.

Insurance companies are businesses just like McDonalds and are there to make a profit.

The government entered the insurance business with MediCare and other programs and healthcare went to hell in a handbasket after that.

The government needs to stay out of the private sector and stop competing with private enterprise. When and wherever they stick their greedy noses in things get stupid!! :angry:

Someone I know has a machine shop with 14 employees . . . his part of the heath insurance program for them was $ 17,000 . . . . with then new "Oboma Wama Care" in effect . . . his share of the insurance program went to $ 90,000 a year. . . and Obama wants business owners to hire more people ? HuH :blink::huh::o:angry:

Someone I know has a machine shop with 14 employees . . . his part of the heath insurance program for them was $ 17,000 . . . . with then new "Oboma Wama Care" in effect . . . his share of the insurance program went to $ 90,000 a year. . . and Obama wants business owners to hire more people ? HuH :blink::huh::o:angry:

Blame the profit insurance companies, it's the bucks they want,and lots of it.

Just don't get sick, they will drop you in a heartbeat.Ask the folks who lost their homes and savings. Don't blame the President, 54 % of the people will tell you that.

Best wishes.

As usual, the BS runs rampant. :rolleyes:

A February 7 Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 58% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat favor repeal of the health care law. Thirty-seven percent (37%) are opposed to repeal, including 26% who Strongly Oppose.

And the media made fun of Sarah Palin when she said Obamacare would lead to death panels.

That is the first thought I had when the son told me what happened and how the hospital would not admit her even after several tries to get them to, and when I saw and heard the dr telling her he wanted her living will so they would not have to resuscitate her. "here's your coat and hat. What's your hurry?"

Maybe Gov Palin knows more about what she is saying than many realize.

As usual, the BS runs rampant. :rolleyes:

A February 7 Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 58% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat favor repeal of the health care law. Thirty-seven percent (37%) are opposed to repeal, including 26% who Strongly Oppose.

Seems the pole was from the called "Haves" not the "Have Nots. BS er not.

Which poles do ya want to believe?

Seems the pole was from the called "Haves" not the "Have Nots. BS er not.

Which poles do ya want to believe?

Not the liberal one's..them is pure BS for sure.

GG ~ U*S*A flag

One of the major news agencies today, and I don't remember which talking head it was, said:

31% supported a full repeal

31% supported ammending

17% had no opinion

14% supported it as is

7% wanted a broader plan

That means that 62% do not support the current healthcare bill and 21% like what we've been dealt, with 17% that could take it or leave it.

In other words over half are opposed and less than one quarter support the plan.

Like I said before Postal Service, Social Security, MediCare, MedicAid, Dept. of Education, how many examples of Govt. mismanagement do you need to know that nationalised healthcare in any form is a recipe for disaster.

Waits for even simple procedures in places where healthcare is under govt. control are sometimes denied and often delayed for far too long.

=========================================

If obama had ever worked in the private sector he would know what a non-starter that is.

The lady who had been married for 70 years to the same man, had 5 living children and grand and great grand children who the hospital refused to take numerous times as she did not display enough symptoms for medicare to pay for her needs was buried today. There was a large congregation and 3 preachers. God knows, regardless of how we debate the issue, God knows.

The lady who had been married for 70 years to the same man, had 5 living children and grand and great grand children who the hospital refused to take numerous times as she did not display enough symptoms for medicare to pay for her needs was buried today. There was a large congregation and 3 preachers. God knows, regardless of how we debate the issue, God knows.

I know what I believe......and I'm not going to comment on this debate. I have friends on both sides of this debate, not only on the Wire but here at home.

That said, I'd like to just say.........

This is sad. May God give the Lady comfort and peace, and prayers go out to her family.

I'm sorry to say this but debate before, during and after her death has just over shadowed her death. Maybe if things were different she'd have lived, but the fact remains she is gone.

One side or the other, whatever political likeness, one day the folks that cause things like this will experience it for themselves. Then they won't think it was such a good idea.

When things like this happen I tend to look at a bigger picture than what political side I would fall in.

God rest her soul.

~EE Taft~

I know what I believe......and I'm not going to comment on this debate. I have friends on both sides of this debate, not only on the Wire but here at home.

That said, I'd like to just say.........

This is sad. May God give the Lady comfort and peace, and prayers go out to her family.

I'm sorry to say this but debate before, during and after her death has just over shadowed her death. Maybe if things were different she'd have lived, but the fact remains she is gone.

One side or the other, whatever political likeness, one day the folks that cause things like this will experience it for themselves. Then they won't think it was such a good idea.

When things like this happen I tend to look at a bigger picture than what political side I would fall in.

God rest her soul.

~EE Taft~

Thank you Bro. EET

I will call you this weekend, been a long time since we talked.

Thank you for yer prayers and many of the Prayer Posse.I am humble before the Lord, He didn't even need to ask.

MS

Thank you Bro. EET

I will call you this weekend, been a long time since we talked.

Thank you for yer prayers and many of the Prayer Posse.I am humble before the Lord, He didn't even need to ask.

MS

Call away, Pard. I'd love to chat with ya.

I'll send ya a PM real quick.

~EE Taft~

Call away, Pard. I'd love to chat with ya.

I'll send ya a PM real quick.

~EE Taft~

I have to go and do some Lawdawg duties this morning, the dept. keeps me busy. I should be done by noon.

OT I know, bare with us.

Joe may be sent to a regular room today, still has a BIG headache..more later

MS

The bills have been carefully crafted so that the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) can declare them cost-saving. But in reality, patients would be responsible for an additional $210 billion in direct costs over the 10-year budget projection window and an even greater increase in total costs. This information comes from the CBO itself but it isn't included in the analysis of health care reform, because the figure was surreptitiously tagged onto another bill.

Anyone who thinks the health care bill is cost saving has their head in the sand. It is just shameful IMHO.

The bills have been carefully crafted so that the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) can declare them cost-saving. But in reality, patients would be responsible for an additional $210 billion in direct costs over the 10-year budget projection window and an even greater increase in total costs. This information comes from the CBO itself but it isn't included in the analysis of health care reform, because the figure was surreptitiously tagged onto another bill.

Anyone who thinks the health care bill is cost saving has their head in the sand. It is just shameful IMHO.

Yup..

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived