SASS Wire Forum

My 40th Anniversity

shenny

Well tonight is my 40th Anniverisity of joining the TAPPAHANNOCK-ESSEX VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT. Yeah, I know I shouted. I'm very proud of my time in and I'm trying to eclipse my fathers time, he had 52 years. I have been an Officer for almost all of the years. 15 as treasurer, 3 as Captain, 2 as Assistant Chief and the last 20 as President. Yes, I know the time does not add up but I did all of the line offices while being Treasurer.

I was President of the Virginia State Firefighters Association for two years. That does not include the 6 years as Vice Presidents or the 2 years as immediate past President.

It's been fun. I know all about what goes on behind the scenes.

Congratulations, Pard.

Most folks, especially city dwellers, don't realize that with nearly 30,000 volunteer fire departments in the US, without the volunteers we'd be in a lot of trouble. Especially way "Out Here".

Bless 'em all sez I.:FlagAm::wub:

Ate a bit of smoke back in the day meownself. ;)

thanks for your response. I know I am not the only FF on the wire. I can not remember who, but one of the gunsmiths out of Texas is a ff also.

Chief Rick, we have been having snow & rain (mud) almost every shoot in the last couple of months. We shot down at Mattaponi a couple of weeks ago and mud was ankle deep. We shot on & had a great day.

Shenny

Excellent news Shenny! My dad was a volunteer FF also and I remember the pride I had in him for doing such a dangerous job VOLUNTARILY and being scared to death that he would get hurt. Thanks for doing what you do..... you deserve to toot your own horn or siren!!

Hope to see you soon!

Trina

Archived