SASS Wire Forum

WTT Dillon .45 dies for .38 special

WTT: have a like new set of Dillon dies in .45 Colt, would like to trade for a similiar set in .38 special. Can send pics upon request....

I have a RCBS 3 die set for .38 special that I was about to list if interested.

I have a RCBS 3 die set for .38 special that I was about to list if interested.

Is it in nice shape? Carbide?

These are in very good shape. Box is marked " 3 DIE SET 38 SPEC RN " GROUP B #18305 . I believe they are carbide and for crimping the shorter 38 spec. cases and NOT for 38/357. Some other poster may be able to give more info. If I find out Different I will post you back. Got these with a dillon I bought on ebay and haven't used them.

Called RCBS and inquired about set number. They are not marked carbide and was told the sizing die would be. So, I recant what I said in my last post. In good shape but not marked carbide.

Called RCBS and inquired about set number. They are not marked carbide and was told the sizing die would be. So, I recant what I said in my last post. In good shape but not marked carbide.

Thanks, I would want to load .357 sometimes as well.

I've got a set of old style Dillon carbide in 38/357 I'd trade.

I gotta plead ignorance. What's old style? Do they have the quick release clip?

No quick release clip. They look like RCBS only say "dillon" on the dies and box. Come with all 3 bullet nose seaters. I believe they still have the "no BS" guarantee.

Thanks, I guess I'll just keep these and buy another Dillon set. I was kinda hoping to find a set with the quick release feature. Obliged....

Archived