SASS Wire Forum

Blackthorn powder sub

Matthew Duncan

Anyone try it with large pistol primers?

What do you mean? If you are shooting .45 Colt you use large primers, .38 Special small primers, etc. Or are you talking about trying large pistol primers in a big bore rifle? In any event it is not SASS legal for the BP categories.

What do you mean? If you are shooting .45 Colt you use large primers, .38 Special small primers, etc. Or are you talking about trying large pistol primers in a big bore rifle? In any event it is not SASS legal for the BP categories.

It's not SASS-legal in ANY category.

Directions called for shotgun primers only....but never mind. Palewolf answered the big question...I go looking at other powder options...

Triple 7 is pretty good stuff Matthew. It's currently running at about $27 a bottle in these parts, makes a nice boom and plenty of smoke. And large pistol primers (I use Winchester) set it off every time.

In the name of economy, this year I'm trying Pyrodex at $19 a bottle in my shotgun. Got 164 shells out of a pound of it.

Archived