SASS Wire Forum

taking a break from painting

Grizzly Dave

Ya know, it's not that I mind painting so much, nice to see a big change in a relatively short period of time, but the cutting in, masking off, etc etc is a pain.

And I'm painting the small throne area of a bathroom, kind of a pain. Worse yet, I can see already it's gonna take two coats.

if I get really crazy I'll mask off the new jumbo tiled shower and paint the ceiling. Guy is coming to grout it tomorrow, so no real need to get it done, but it does need done eventually. I just wanted to get the throne area painted while the toilet is pulled.

Ya know, it's a shame that most times you never fix up a house real nice until you're getting ready to sell it, well, that seems to be the way it works for me. Maybe next house I'll break the cycle.

Well, back to it, got the up high stuff done, now for the down low, think I'd rather be back up on the step ladder than on my knees, but such is life.

See ya

Grizz

Grizz

I'm with ya, hate the cutttin in,masking,two coatin and everything else that goes into it. I will admit it does look better after the job is done. I jus don't like climbing the ladder,getttin down on my knees, my body just aint built for that kind of stuff.

Ya know, it's not that I mind painting so much, nice to see a big change in a relatively short period of time, but the cutting in, masking off, etc etc is a pain.

And I'm painting the small throne area of a bathroom, kind of a pain. Worse yet, I can see already it's gonna take two coats.

if I get really crazy I'll mask off the new jumbo tiled shower and paint the ceiling. Guy is coming to grout it tomorrow, so no real need to get it done, but it does need done eventually. I just wanted to get the throne area painted while the toilet is pulled.

Ya know, it's a shame that most times you never fix up a house real nice until you're getting ready to sell it, well, that seems to be the way it works for me. Maybe next house I'll break the cycle.

Well, back to it, got the up high stuff done, now for the down low, think I'd rather be back up on the step ladder than on my knees, but such is life.

See ya

Grizz

If I was closer I would help. I have painted so many places in my life time that I have gotten use to it and I don't hurt when I over do it with a roller.. lol In the past 10 years alone I have moved 8 times... The only one I have not painted is my current place because it is an apartment. GA had the biggest challege, the place was built in the 70's so it had the high celings and a loft.. lol.. The ladder and the steps did not always agreee.. lol.. It does wear you out.. and I hope you are done soon..

OK, I"m done, and it's drying better than I thought it would, one coat might do it. I did go ahead and do the ceiling over the new master mega party shower. Two shower heads, a bench, I expect that shower to be a major selling point for the house.

so stiff and sore I woke up early and had to come get tylonol. no rest for the Grizzer.

Grout guy is supposed to come today, but it snowed all yesterday and is supposed to today as well, hope he makes it.

Archived