SASS Wire Forum

45 Ammo...

Deja Vous

I spoke with a guy here today that was looking for 45 ammo.. he said he was having trouble finding it, he is not a cowboy shooter. So, I told him to try a few different places like her local,... but it got me to wondering if there is a shortage now of 45's again? I was aware of the shortage in MO of the cowboy loads, but since then is seems to be better?

Okay back to cleaning up Rat's mess she ate my flat Pretzels.. lol, well part of them some she just threw on the floor and smashed them.. then off to the night... and back later to see what is up with ammo cuz I know y'all will know.. thanks

I spoke with a guy here today that was looking for 45 ammo.. he said he was having trouble finding it, he is not a cowboy shooter. So, I told him to try a few different places like her local,... but it got me to wondering if there is a shortage now of 45's again? I was aware of the shortage in MO of the cowboy loads, but since then is seems to be better?

Okay back to cleaning up Rat's mess she ate my flat Pretzels.. lol, well part of them some she just threw on the floor and smashed them.. then off to the night... and back later to see what is up with ammo cuz I know y'all will know.. thanks

All I can tell ya about is cowboy loads.

Sorry.

DV

Don't know about out there , seems to be plenty here if you got enough $$$$$$$.

Brass is also high , Starline out of stock but I am on the list for some from them .

Starline is the least expencive , Rem. and Mag tec in stock at Midway last I looked .

Mail order and Web in stock most places I have looked .

See ya down the trail .

Chickasaw Bill

It might a local thing. I can always find 45 ACP ammo and likely 45 Colt ammo if I needed to, prices will be high, but it's available.

I wouldn't be surprised if CA residents went out and bought a LOT of ammo right before they tried to push the ammo law in CA that just got overturned in court.

I hadn't noticed a shortage in the one place I looked. 'Course that was my loading room, and there seems to be a plethora of .45 loads there after the last few days...

Sorry, that wasn't what you were looking for, I know...

On a related note, .45 Colt loads of any sort aren't especially popular around here, so nobody stocks much of it, and what they do have is pricey...

DV

Don't know about out there , seems to be plenty here if you got enough $$$$$$$.

Brass is also high , Starline out of stock but I am on the list for some from them .

Starline is the least expencive , Rem. and Mag tec in stock at Midway last I looked .

Mail order and Web in stock most places I have looked .

See ya down the trail .

Chickasaw Bill

Interesting.. I am glad to hear things are okay in MO...

It might a local thing. I can always find 45 ACP ammo and likely 45 Colt ammo if I needed to, prices will be high, but it's available.

I wouldn't be surprised if CA residents went out and bought a LOT of ammo right before they tried to push the ammo law in CA that just got overturned in court.

Now that is a great point.. maybe that is it, or maybe he didn't know where to look..

You might suggest Georgia Arms, they sell cowboy loads pretty cheap. Last I checked 45 was going for about .50 a round, which is still expensive, but better than most.

Thanks Cap BB's... I will keep that in mind... I have a box of winchester laying around, and wished I had them in my car to sell to him.. but I am not sure if that is legal in CA anyhow..

Most of us make our own up here.

Expensive to buy, when you can find them!!

Assuming you are talking about 45 Colt supplies have always been tight and "The Judge" has not helped things. 45 Colt brass is available as are the rest of the components (even Federal primers). You can even find 45 Colt at the Walmarts here!

It must just be a California thing.

Deja, you can try Tennessee Cartridge Co. They do reloads, we use them at the range/gun shop I work at part time. You send 'em yer brass they load 'em up for ya. Pretty reasonable prices. As far as .45 Colt ammo, there's not much round these parts either. I think it has to do with supply and demand, almost all cowboy shooters reload their .45's and factory stuff is reeeaallyy expensive. I don't believe for one minute that it's a "California" thing. It's probably a local thing. Good luck, Rye B)

Walmart here had Silvertip and Rem FMJ in 45 Colt in stock when I was in town last week. Just depends on the location I reckon.

Assuming you are talking about 45 Colt supplies have always been tight and "The Judge" has not helped things. 45 Colt brass is available as are the rest of the components (even Federal primers). You can even find 45 Colt at the Walmarts here!

It must just be a California thing.

No, I'm a little farther north, in Ontario, Canada.

Canadian border agents don't care and allow up to 5000 rounds to be brought in,

but, generally speaking, we can't export loaded ammo, powder or primers from the US.

If we get caught by the US border folks, we are in serious trouble.

There is a large list of items that are a no-no to export from the US without a lot of paper work.

That is why we are starting to see more European and Chinese firearms etc here in Canada.

Archived