SASS Wire Forum

A Hunting Dog Story

DocWard

On a shooting reserve the owner had a number of dogs that he would rent to shooters going into the field. By far the favorite was one called Lawyer. The owner had turned down several offers to buy Lawyer, but he always refused because Lawyer was so popular and he made the owner good money. Lawyer was always out working the field, nose down, searching for the bird, doing everything he could to find it. Once he had tracked down a bird he went on point from a position that would give the shooter the best shot possible at the game. Because of this, he was always in demand.

On one occasion, a gentleman came up, who had shot at the reserve for many years, and had often offered to buy Lawyer. He approached the owner again, and said "I don't care how much it costs, name your price for Lawyer." Much to his surprise, the owner said "You can take him for free for all I care." Shocked, the gentleman asked "Why? What happened?" To which the owner replied, "Some joker called him Judge and now all he does is sit on his rear-end and barks."

The thread about dogs being democrats made me recall this one, told to me by a judge, of course.

On a shooting reserve the owner had a number of dogs that he would rent to shooters going into the field. By far the favorite was one called Lawyer. The owner had turned down several offers to buy Lawyer, but he always refused because Lawyer was so popular and he made the owner good money. Lawyer was always out working the field, nose down, searching for the bird, doing everything he could to find it. Once he had tracked down a bird he went on point from a position that would give the shooter the best shot possible at the game. Because of this, he was always in demand.

On one occasion, a gentleman came up, who had shot at the reserve for many years, and had often offered to buy Lawyer. He approached the owner again, and said "I don't care how much it costs, name your price for Lawyer." Much to his surprise, the owner said "You can take him for free for all I care." Shocked, the gentleman asked "Why? What happened?" To which the owner replied, "Some joker called him Judge and now all he does is sit on his rear-end and barks."

The thread about dogs being democrats made me recall this one, told to me by a judge, of course.

lol... that is funny...

Archived