SASS Wire Forum

Our Border is Safe!

G. P. Cobb

February 03, 2011 |

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano called on public officials to stop exaggerating violence on the U.S. side of the border with Mexico and "be honest with the people we serve," while visiting El Paso, reports the Los Angeles Times.

Napolitano cited FBI statistics showing that violent crime rates in Southwest border counties are down 30% over the last two decades and are "among the lowest in the nation."

A spokesman for Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer responded by saying, "The issue is there are tens of thousands of people being murdered immediately across the border in Mexico by the cartels. And the concern is that the violence by the cartels will begin spilling across the border."

www.policemag.com

www.policemag.com

Lets all chip in on a home for her on the border.. what do you say???

"Napolitano cited FBI statistics showing that violent crime rates in Southwest border counties are down 30% over the last two decades and are "among the lowest in the nation.""

This is so hypocritical! One side of her mouth that we are safe the other says that US guns are fueling crimes in our borders. What is it?

I am going back to bed where it is warm.

God is good and people are crazy.. lol. If the border is so safe, she needs to build a home down there..

Not really.. Sheriff Joe does all the work in that state.. the rest hide out in Phoenix and pretend the border does not exist..

Before that she was the U.S. Attorney for Arizona in the Clinton administration, at which time she earned a reputation for refusing to prosecute corruption cases. She is a total toad.

Don't they leave warts? lol

I was very glad she was appointed Homeland Security Secretary. It got her out of Arizona. Getting Jan Brewer was a bonus.

As`far as sheriffs go, we have one in Pinal County trying to do a good job also. He said in an interview today that Sec. Napolitano has no idea what is going on in the border area. He pointed to signs erected by Homeland Security warning U.S. citizens to avoid some border areas because of the violence and dangers from the druggies operating in these areas.

And the rules of engagement imposed on the Border Patrol basically makes them operate unarmed and handcuffed.

It's a sad state of affairs when Americans are advised not to visit areas of their own country because of violence from Mexican drug runners.

And the Feds sue our governor because she tries to enforce Federal laws already on the books. I can't wait for 2012.

I was very glad she was appointed Homeland Security Secretary. It got her out of Arizona. Getting Jan Brewer was a bonus.

As`far as sheriffs go, we have one in Pinal County trying to do a good job also. He said in an interview today that Sec. Napolitano has no idea what is going on in the border area. He pointed to signs erected by Homeland Security warning U.S. citizens to avoid some border areas because of the violence and dangers from the druggies operating in these areas.

And the rules of engagement imposed on the Border Patrol basically makes them operate unarmed and handcuffed.

It's a sad state of affairs when Americans are advised not to visit areas of their own country because of violence from Mexican drug runners.

And the Feds sue our governor because she tries to enforce Federal laws already on the books. I can't wait for 2012.

AZ has alot to deal with. Joe has done a great job over the years, but the media sure guns for him. I love the pink undies.. lol. AZ Game and fish have a lot of ranches donnated to them, along with the water rights. While I am not a huge fan of the NON game side othe them, stil they have tasted the border and not liked it.. Illegals have cut water lines to tanks used to feed wildlife, taken batterys out of equipment.. left trash and feces along the ranche area down around Patagonia to the point where you are kinda worried about not stepping in it.. The ranch down there was donated to AZ Game and Fish.. and keeping it safe has been hard.. We have a lot of issues in AZ.. but still it is my home state and I do miss it..

Archived