SASS Wire Forum

Dear Dad.. lol

Deja Vous

I had this dream last night about my father. He is at his cabin in Parker for Feb, and I guess since I called him last night he was the last thing on my mind..

Anyhow.. during my phone conversation I metioned some to the allias names as I chattered away.. Then I talked about the shoots, the parties, reloading, and our party line... the right.. lol.. Somewhere in our conversation he said.. So when will I meet some of these characters... So,,,, my dream then lead up to him meeting some of ya.. lol... And it was pure silly, because suddenly he was my Dad again at a very young age, and very tough ...... My non drinking, non gambling father was in for a shock as people dressed up in old west attire milled about his backyard drinking, smoking cigars, telling jokes, and calling me Deja instead of my real name, or my nick name.. lol.. The dream was a riot.. Dad was speechless .. lol.. Truth is he would love ya'll .. but man was it funny...

I had this dream last night about my father. He is at his cabin in Parker for Feb, and I guess since I called him last

<SNIP>

jokes, and calling me Deja instead of my real name, or my nick name.. lol.. The dream was a riot.. Dad was speechless .. lol.. Truth is he would love ya'll .. but man was it funny...

So how about you start planning a fourth of July party for him and get all the Cow-folks to come to the BBQ!

Just do it - you'll treasure the memory the rest of your life.

Shadow Catcher

I have thought about that.. it could be fun.. but there are certainly people I would like for him to meet.. I hope to get that done by the summer.. but only time will tell.. When your father is 91 you move slowly, cuz he does too. Right now he is busy with AZ kids. and in a month he will be back home in Hesperia looking for my company. At 91 he is a tough old guy for sure.. but I think he might like meeting a few of my friends now. He is pretty hard on me, always has expected a lot more than I could ever deliver. And expected me to be a lot harder than I can be. Being the youngest has best a test, I tell ya.. lol.

So how about you start planning a fourth of July party for him and get all the Cow-folks to come to the BBQ!

Just do it - you'll treasure the memory the rest of your life.

Shadow Catcher

I'd fly (and I don't like to fly) out to California just to be there.

~EE(are you sure these pistolas ain't carry ons?) Taft~ :lol:

My last husband and boy does that sound bad.. lol.. Was told by my dad that he would hunt him down if he hurt me cuz he has a closest full of guns.. lo... so to clear this up.. My first husband died from suicide that was caused by cancer, my second beat the heck out of me so I hid out.. and the last one was a thief and a druggie.. I make bad decisions.. lol.. What can I say.. So, yeah I have made him pretty miserable I would say so what ever gun he decides to aim at me I just duck and take the full shot.. I deserve it.. and I know that.. My dadddy loves me.. he just thinks I am a bucket short of brain cells.. lol.. I am not, really, but I have compassion ... and you pay for that fault often.. Anyhow,.. ivorys.. I am too old to change, so is Dad so he gets mad and I listen and love and hug him anyhow.. cuz its me.. As long as I am shooting and having fun I am okay with the rest.. lol Cuz its a lot of fun.. Deja.. Gosh , those shogun loads were fun.. lol. Hey, how is your shoulder?

I'd fly (and I don't like to fly) out to California just to be there.

~EE(are you sure these pistolas ain't carry ons?) Taft~ :lol:

Now that would be cool..

My last husband and boy does that sound bad.. lol.. Was told by my dad that he would hunt him down if he hurt me cuz he has a closest full of guns.. lo... so to clear this up.. My first husband died from suicide that was caused by cancer, my second beat the heck out of me so I hid out.. and the last one was a thief and a druggie.. I make bad decisions.. lol.. What can I say.. So, yeah I have made him pretty miserable I would say so what ever gun he decides to aim at me I just duck and take the full shot.. I deserve it.. and I know that.. My dadddy loves me.. he just thinks I am a bucket short of brain cells.. lol.. I am not, really, but I have compassion ... and you pay for that fault often.. Anyhow,.. ivorys.. I am too old to change, so is Dad so he gets mad and I listen and love and hug him anyhow.. cuz its me.. As long as I am shooting and having fun I am okay with the rest.. lol Cuz its a lot of fun.. Deja.. Gosh , those shogun loads were fun.. lol. Hey, how is your shoulder?

Thanks for asking Deja darlin' I didn't get to shoot at MIMA last June, my Doc said no way but went to the match any whoo.

Magin ol Slick flippin hamburgers in Mima, had a good time tho.They ate up all the burgers n' hotdogs

Chef Slick :D

Waste no time Deja, make every minute count. My Dad waited for a phone call from me just before he died.I never made the call, I didn't know.He was a great man.

MS

Sliokees.. I do call him all the time..

I guess the one thing that makes me so sad is my first husband.. He had cancer and I was so SURE we could beat it.. but he hurt, and he gave up and he took his own life the one thing you should nto do per God. It was pretty hard to accept that.. And to not have the chance to try to make the whole miracle thinger work.. I believe in miracles.. and he took that away from me.. along with the best love I ever.. had .. I know now that feeling of love, compassion, sparks flying, and wanting to be there forever will never happend again.. I thought it would but this year I kind grew up a bit I guess and listened to other people who kind reminded me of those feelings.. So, I know God has some plan for me and I am hanging on for it.. I would be a nun but its kinda too late for that.. lol

My Dad died of a massive heart attack in his easy chair smoking a cigarette,, 1977.I quit the same year.Pushing 70 now and my Doc and I are best of Frins now, we tawk fishing stead of whatcha gonna do bout the colestrol Slick ;)

Dad never smoked, drank or gamble. but he did cuss.. lol.. Still three heart attack and a pace maker.. in the end we all die of something I guess. Dad talks and I listen like always, but honetly I am starting to listen a lot more. He is a very smart man.... me.. I am a very silly girl.. lol. Which is okay cuz I have enjoyed my job of being his little silly girl.. lol Oh, he has had 3 heart attacks. and has a pacemaker... so I never argue, I never take anyone that would hurt him to his house.. at times I feel like I have so many rules to protect him that I need to shut the f up.. lol.. cuz I am not a rules kinda person.. but I want him to live forever..

I can identify with your dad. I have 5 daughters...No young men went out with my daughters unless they went through me. And I was usually cleaning a large caliber firearm when I met them.

Atta boy!:lol:

I can identify with your dad. I have 5 daughters...No young men went out with my daughters unless they went through me. And I was usually cleaning a large caliber firearm when I met them.

That's what I've got to look forward to............In about 14 more years or so. (And I'm leaning towards the "or so")

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac20/EE_Taft/IMG_1208newcopy.jpg

I'm gonna scare the hell outta the little boys comin' to the door!!

~EE(Who loves his baby girl :wub: )Taft~

Sliokees.. I do call him all the time..

I guess the one thing that makes me so sad is my first husband.. He had cancer and I was so SURE we could beat it.. but he hurt, and he gave up and he took his own life the one thing you should nto do per God. It was pretty hard to accept that.. And to not have the chance to try to make the whole miracle thinger work.. I believe in miracles.. and he took that away from me.. along with the best love I ever.. had .. I know now that feeling of love, compassion, sparks flying, and wanting to be there forever will never happend again.. I thought it would but this year I kind grew up a bit I guess and listened to other people who kind reminded me of those feelings.. So, I know God has some plan for me and I am hanging on for it.. I would be a nun but its kinda too late for that.. lol

Deja, I have learned that if you stop looking for love, it WILL find you. I was not looking for love when I met my wife. I wanted 3 things. To dance, drink and listen to the musice. And that's all !!! Now look what happened !!! :wub:

I was at a truck stop out side Washinton D.C. on the outer beltway on July 4th, 1990. I was out of hours and why too tried so I shut down and got some sleep. Before I did, I called Dad, wishing him a happy 4th and went to bed.

Saw him on July 5th. As I was leaveing he said, "Take care son, I love ya !" That was a warning sign as Dad never said anything like that.

July 6th, at 10:00 am he had a massive heart implostion, meaning his heart colasped on it's self.

Cherish every minuite you have with you're Dad !!

Deja, I have learned that if you stop looking for love, it WILL find you. I was not looking for love when I met my wife. I wanted 3 things. To dance, drink and listen to the musice. And that's all !!! Now look what happened !!! :wub:

I was at a truck stop out side Washinton D.C. on the outer beltway on July 4th, 1990. I was out of hours and why too tried so I shut down and got some sleep. Before I did, I called Dad, wishing him a happy 4th and went to bed.

Saw him on July 5th. As I was leaveing he said, "Take care son, I love ya !" That was a warning sign as Dad never said anything like that.

July 6th, at 10:00 am he had a massive heart implostion, meaning his heart colasped on it's self.

Cherish every minuite you have with you're Dad !!

Gave up looking and decided to simply do good work with my heart now. Cool story.. and I am so sorry you were sick.. I realy am..

DV

Tresure every bit of time you have with your Dad , I lost mine about 10 years ago . Dad was in the hospital and told me to go to work , lost him during the nite getting the store ready for invitory . I got the call as I was walking out to go see Dad .

CB

I didn't know that story, Chicks and yet I know you.. Sorry.. I do cherish my Dad.. he can be very hard on me at times but he does it for my own good and I know that.

Archived