SASS Wire Forum

Woo Hoooo! I Won!

The Original Bad Bob

I like those with the nickel receiver and blue barrels.

A couple gun smiths told me they though the receiver was a little harder than the all blued models. I don't know for sure, but it may be.

Another soul (and wallet) lost to the Gunbroke scourge.

Welcome to the club. ;)

Congratulations. Now all you have to do is have it shipped in to your FFL. Do the paperwork and pay the fees. Sounds like a real nice shotgun. I have an old set of Hawes Silver City Marshalls pitols in 22LR. They are blued barrel and cylinder,nickel frame and brass trigger guard and frame. And the grips are pearl. A bit flashy. But I like the look.

Russ

Russ,

Them Hawes .22's sound downright PIMP-tabulous. :P :P

You should be 'stylin' and profilin'' at any .22 match you get to go to. :lol: :lol:

Nice Bob, but don't get too crazy with having pretty guns, as CAS guns take a beating because they tend to get some rough handling in and out of gun carts,sliding across loading & unloading tables and getting stuff into various staging props and racks. If I had a nickel for all the scratches, scrapes and gouges I've seen on cowboy guns, heck I could buy new guns.

Enjoy your new Stoeger, good choice. Be sure to polish the chambers and work the action a BUNCH to help free it up. New Stoegers can be a bit stiff out of the box. At least all 7 of mine were.

See ya down the trail,

Black Diamond

Thanks. What's the best way to polish the chambers? I was thinking about using some fine steel wool wrapped around a small drum and using my dremel.

What about the action too? Just oil up where everything rubs and work it a lot? What about using some Flitz in the action?

Thanks. What's the best way to polish the chambers? I was thinking about using some fine steel wool wrapped around a small drum and using my dremel.

What about the action too? Just oil up where everything rubs and work it a lot? What about using some Flitz in the action?

Any opinions on this?

I have a Cimmaron TTN hammered double, when I got it, after I wiped all the oil it shipped in off, I used a blue shop towel wrapped around my finger to "polish" the chambers. That's about all I needed to allow Win AA hulls to fall out easily. I don't know that I would get after it with a dremel.

None of the 4 Stoegers I have campaigned in CAS have needed ANY chamber polishing whatsoever.

Resist the urge.

totally unnecessary.

You don't have to mess with the safety either, just learn to snick it off as it comes up to the shoulder. Adds ZERO time to the run.

I won an online auction for a new Stoeger Supreme 12 gauge with nickle receiver and blued barrels. This is my first Gunbroker auction. It was easy!

I think I got a good deal.

I'm STOKED!

Good on ya, know the feeling just picked up a Navy Arms Rolling Block off the wire classifieds. Finally,I now have a long range gun.

Now if I just score the other rifle I have a bid on.

None of the 4 Stoegers I have campaigned in CAS have needed ANY chamber polishing whatsoever.

Resist the urge.

totally unnecessary.

You don't have to mess with the safety either, just learn to snick it off as it comes up to the shoulder. Adds ZERO time to the run.

OK.

The safelty thing doesn't bother me. I have a O/U that has a top safety. I used to shoot a lot of clays with it, so it's an automatic reflex for me to do that with a shotgun.

Resist the urge.

totally unnecessary.

OK.

The safety thing doesn't bother me. I have a O/U that has a top safety. I used to shoot a lot of clays with it, so it's an automatic reflex for me to do that with a shotgun.

I picked it up yesterday. It's real purty.

I'm takin' it out to the range right after I get out of here today and see what I can do with it. I have a couple of big paper targets and some clays. I might shoot the paper first just to see how much spread there is at 10 yards.

I'm shooting 7&1/2 target loads. It looks like it fires right barrel first, which the choke looks wide open, the left choke is a little bit thicker. I'm guessing it's right=cylinder/left=modified.

Howdy,

Something to think about if it does shoot right barrel first you may want the tighter choke on that barrel mainly for poppers, the tighter pattern for the knock down plate and the wider pattern for the clay.

KK

I picked it up yesterday. It's real purty.

I'm takin' it out to the range right after I get out of here today and see what I can do with it. I have a couple of big paper targets and some clays. I might shoot the paper first just to see how much spread there is at 10 yards.

I'm shooting 7&1/2 target loads. It looks like it fires right barrel first, which the choke looks wide open, the left choke is a little bit thicker. I'm guessing it's right=cylinder/left=modified.

Howdy Bob, I wouldn't recommend the Dremel because the rpm is so high. I bought my Stoeger used and it benefitted from a bit of polishing/cleaning with a bronze brush and Hoppes cleaner. Put the brush on a section of cleaning rod and clamp the rod in a variable speed drill. Run the drill at low to moderate speed, working the brush up and down the chamber. Cleaned it right out so now my hulls shuck just fine.

Good luck!

I won an online auction for a new Stoeger Supreme 12 gauge with nickle receiver and blued barrels. This is my first Gunbroker auction. It was easy!

You weren't scared of buying someone else's problems? I mean, did the thought of buying used over the internet concern you? That's why I have always been hesitant in buying used on GunBroker because there's just no way to tell what you are getting. The only two exceptions thus far have been two Ruger Old Armies and that's because that's the only way you can get them now. Smithy.

Smithy,

This is a new in the box shotgun, not a used gun. The guy who sells these is a brick and mortar business who also sells guns through Gun Broker.

I took her to the range today and shot some paper, then some clay targets, and ended up massacring some pine cones. Put about 30 shells through, and she works great. I never had a short double like this one, and she's a bona-fide hoot to shoot!

I might even look for some extra-full screw in chokes and take her turkey huntin' this spring.

Good on ya, know the feeling just picked up a Navy Arms Rolling Block off the wire classifieds. Finally,I now have a long range gun.

Now if I just score the other rifle I have a bid on.

Missed the one I bid on and am really happy about it. Got a better deal on a better rifle - a real sweet restored 98 Krag with brand new wood and blueing on everything except the reciever.

Archived