SASS Wire Forum

New Roadside Bomb Protection for Our Troops

Long Branch Louie

The company I work for makes all kinds of electronic and electrical sockets and connectors. Just found out one of our new sockets goes in a new machine that is designed to scramble the cell phone signals used to set off roadside bombs. As I understand it, the lead truck will have the device and its field of range is large enough to protect all the trucks in the convoy. All this is very new but looks very promising, I hope it is a smashing success for our Troops!

That should help. Of course not all IEDs are command detonated like that. Some are old tech pressure sensitive. Good for your company!

Do they keep their guns and valuables in "condoms"? :P

No, they keep 'em in raincoats. :lol: Ehh?

They started out using heat sensative devices. The soldiers started bundeling glow plugs from the desiel engines in an ammo can on a long pole sticking out in front of the lead vehicle. Then they went to cell phones. No matter what we do they will adjust. We either need to stop being PC and let our boys finish this thing, or bring them home. Just my $.02.

They started out using heat sensative devices. The soldiers started bundeling glow plugs from the desiel engines in an ammo can on a long pole sticking out in front of the lead vehicle. Then they went to cell phones. No matter what we do they will adjust. We either need to stop being PC and let our boys finish this thing, or bring them home. Just my $.02.

I agree with you 100%, but if this gadget keeps a few young men and women in one piece, it will be worth it. It's being built by a very well established military supplier. In my humble opinion, the sooner we get out the better, those people have been fighting since time began, and they will fight long after we are gone....

I agree with you also Louie, I just think we need to get ahead of them and not keep trying to catch up. I know our troups could have ended this a long time ago if the Gov. wasn't trying to be so PC.

What would Alexander the Great or Attila the Hun do? Up until 60 years ago, war meant submission or extermination. This modern day political correctness has us bogged down in a no win police action. I don't have all the answers but I do know that tying the military's hands and waiting to be attacked is not working.

What would Alexander the Great or Attila the Hun do? Up until 60 years ago, war meant submission or extermination. This modern day political correctness has us bogged down in a no win police action. I don't have all the answers but I do know that tying the military's hands and waiting to be attacked is not working.

Can you say Korea, Viet Nam, Somalia, Desert Storm. Sounds like Egypt might be next. You would think that the politicians would have learned by now that if you ain't gonna win it, don't begain it.

Bugs

I agree with you also Louie, I just think we need to get ahead of them and not keep trying to catch up. I know our troups could have ended this a long time ago if the Gov. wasn't trying to be so PC.

Amen! They call it a WAR for a reason....

Well................ the Russians weren't very PC and they couldn't end it.

It's a place that has frustrated a lot of armies for hundred's of years.

Just depends on how much you're willing to pay for a victory I reckon.

Well................ the Russians weren't very PC and they couldn't end it.

It's a place that has frustrated a lot of armies for hundred's of years.

Just depends on how much you're willing to pay for a victory I reckon.

Our reason for being there is not to 'conquer and take over the country'....so it's a bit different than the Russians and other armies.

GG ~ U*S*A Flag

Our reason for being there is not to 'conquer and take over the country'....so it's a bit different than the Russians and other armies.

GG ~ U*S*A Flag

From a strategic military viewpoint, the sociological,religious, and political makeup of Afghanistan is immeasurably complicated. There are tribal alliances, religious sects, war lords, drug lords, vendettas, double crossing, triple crossing and a host of factors that make the country unique. Once you get out of the cities, it's like Deadwood on steroids.

I'm not saying we can't improve the situation but a "win" in the classical sense would simply probably be too expensive and time consuming for the American public to stomach. Karzai and his cronies are an impediment to any real improvement except around the presidential palace.

At best I think we can stabilize some areas hopefully long enough to pull out without looking like we've thrown in the towel.

And what's with that cape anyway?? :wacko:

From a strategic military viewpoint, the sociological,religious, and political makeup of Afghanistan is immeasurably complicated. There are tribal alliances, religious sects, war lords, drug lords, vendettas, double crossing, triple crossing and a host of factors that make the country unique. Once you get out of the cities, it's like Deadwood on steroids.

I'm not saying we can't improve the situation but a "win" in the classical sense would simply probably be too expensive and time consuming for the American public to stomach. Karzai and his cronies are an impediment to any real improvement except around the presidential palace.

At best I think we can stabilize some areas hopefully long enough to pull out without looking like we've thrown in the towel.

And what's with that cape anyway?? :wacko:

Of course it is complicated - just said we are there for a different reason than the armies before....and for that matter - it's just a darn complicated world these days anyhow . ;)

GG ~ U*S*A flag

Archived