SASS Wire Forum

Anyone have any experience with Bearpaw Grips

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Was wondering if anyone has used any grips made by Bearpaw grips. In particuliar the "gunfighter version".

I got a pair off ebay. The wood is nice, and the shape is really similar to Eagle's gunfighter style, feels good. They didn't fit the grip frame of my gun well though. And they were too small, so I couldn't fit them to the frame either. Photo

I got a set of Eagle grips and have used them ever since. Much better fit.

I love mine, I had him make me a matching set.. Beautiful buckeye Burl ... Have a good cowboy look,feels great in my hand, more natural fit in the hand.. Mine fit perfectly snug.. Had to actually squeeze them on

I found this company while investigating grips for my Vaquero Bisley s , and got a look at the Buckeye Burl material that is part of thier line-up.

I made inquiry by email and got a reply within 24 hours that started a 4 message episode with the owner JB Wilson.

He assured me that he would certainly provide grips that had a grain relationship between the two sets. I brought up the topic of the Bisley peculiarity with grip frame fit between individual revolvers and he agreed with me that the best way to experience an absolute perfect fit to a particular gun is for him to work off of that gun's gripframe. He explained to me that normal Blackhawk or Vaquero fitment has evolved to "in-stock"grip panels being relieved in all the neccessary places for %99+ of his customer's needs. Of course(as it ALWAYS is for me), the early Vaquero Bisley was never a common fitment and is going to require hand-selection / special attention, and, consequently a bit higher cost. JB was very happy to carry on the long winded back & forth of my multiple questions and has consequently convinced me to make arrangements to take my place in line for two sets of custom selected /worked grips when he returns from his winter retreat come March.

I guess that what I am trying to get accross is that this is a company that is willing to devote himself to individualized attention when required and a commitment to (in his own words) "do the job RIGHT , not just do it....).

Now I have only my pre-sale experience to speak of , but it has been an uncommon experience thus far.

Thanks guys. I spoke with JB yesterday and found him to be helpful and knowledgable, and I actually felt like he wanted the business which seems to becoming rare these days. I have ordered a pair of buckeye burl for my new pair of NMV.

• 1 month later...

Archived