SASS Wire Forum

Widdermatic

Free Bird 61147

I have a pard who has a .38 Marlin cowboy comp and would like to have a Widdermatic job done on it. Neither he or I am gunsmith savy and wouldn't want to take this on by ourselves. Who does this kind of work?

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

I think you will find "The Widowmaker" from Knoxville, TN is famous for this work. He is on the Wire and will probably tune in soon.

Hoss

If I remember right Widder said that Johnny Meadows is doing this kind of work, now I could be wrong, my memory isn't what it used to be, is the mind that goes first when old or is it something else, can't remember

All for now JD Trampas

Yes the CBC still needs slicking, that is why they don't make them anymore, the cowboys were were buying the regular marlins and then getting a action job, with that it was cheaper than buying the CBC, I have one and it needed work, runs really good now

All for now JD Trampas

Howdy Free Bird.

I'll get the bad news out of the way first.

Because I don't have an FFL nor is gunsmithing a profession of mine, I can't receive guns.

I have been able to help some local Pards with their Marlins and a couple other Cowboys have dropped by and hung around long enough for me to help them with this mod.

I know that Adirondack Jack has set up a couple of his Marlin with this mod with great success but I'm not sure he is in the business of doing others

From information shared with me in the past and info shared on the Wire, Johnny Meadows (out west) and Deadeye Dallas (Florida, famous for his work on the Lightning rifles) have successfully done this mod for only a customer or two.

I'm hoping to make a good video real soon to get out to some gunsmiths and pards who want to check it out.

ALREADY, you can visit Marauders website for alot of pixs and tech data.

Let me add some info that you need to consider:

The angle feed (Widdermatic) mod is unique. But don't overlook the fact that there are alot of super good gunsmiths in our business that can slick up your Marlin without doing the angle feed mod.

If you can't find anyone to set you up with a Widdermatic, you might want to contact a number of other gunsmiths who have a good reputation on Marlins; like Jimmy Spurs, Longhunter, and I've heard that Cody Conagher is good.

I have handled Marlins from Jimmy Spurs and Longhunter and really liked their work.

If during your process you have any questions before you get started or during, feel free to call or email me.

All that info is also on Marauders website.

I hope this helps you.

Howdy HOSS. hope we get to posse together again soon and show those other whippersnappers how its done. Hope to see you in Cleveland this month.....if the weather gets alittle better.

Best regards

..........Widder

Free Bird, if you can tear it down and put back together, you can do some of this, thanks for Marauder for posting this stuff and with the tips from Widder, which I have did some of it myself, not all of it, a little apprehensive about doing some of it, but what I have done works just great for me and it is smoother, I have done 4 marlins, 2 in 45 and 1 in 357 and my CBC in 38

All for now JD Trampas

Archived