SASS Wire Forum

Three hours with a snowblower

I'd guess there are 20" of snow in central Missouri. I havn't used the snowblower since 2008 so had to pull the carb off, clean it up and reinstall to get it to run. Then spent three hours clearing my driveway, my neighbors driveway and about 200 yards of our road. I do hope I can get out for work tomorrow or I'll be stuck at home making a buttstock for this cute little French made 20 gauge double that I bought. I have a blank but stockmaking is not my favorite gunsmithing activity. Shooting is and it's hard to be effective with a stockless double so I guess I'll just have to suffer.

Bugs

Guest jeweler jim

Mine lasted six hours before it took a crap. Hurting real good right now. Maybe it's a good thing the damn thing quit. Thank you Norco.

Saw some pictures of one of the expressways that is a snow bound parking lot. maybe they have it cleared by now. Even the trains weren' trunning this morning; now running on their holiday schedule. Suppose to be back on schedule tomorrow.

Slight chance of snow tonight and five below. :angry:

What? Did you say you were stuck at home with a cute little French maid?

My wife is Irish and Sicilian, she has an Irish Temper and likes knives. I'd be afraid to be home with a French Maid.

Bugs

Guest jeweler jim

Bugs,

Could be worse, mine's 100% Sicilian.

That's also why I'm pushing 240 while piling it on a 5' 10" frame.

jj

I'd guess there are 20" of snow in central Missouri. I havn't used the snowblower since 2008 so had to pull the carb off, clean it up and reinstall to get it to run. Then spent three hours clearing my driveway, my neighbors driveway and about 200 yards of our road. I do hope I can get out for work tomorrow or I'll be stuck at home making a buttstock for this cute little French made 20 gauge double that I bought. I have a blank but stockmaking is not my favorite gunsmithing activity. Shooting is and it's hard to be effective with a stockless double so I guess I'll just have to suffer.

Bugs

We got 10-12" here in the Kansas City area. I've thought seriously about buying a snowblower, but stories like this and JJ's are why I finally decided not to. A broken rib last year forced me to find a service to take care snow removal. Even if I had a blower, I couldn't have used it. So I just stayed with the service. Yesterday, my driveway and walks were done at 5:00 am. Can't beat that!

On a side note Bugs, I got a kick out our local TV station where storm reporting is their holy grail. They actually sent a reporter from KC to Columbia, MO while they were trying to close I-70. Took her 4 hours for what's normally a 2 hour trip, just so they could get a 20-second shot of her standing in the snow saying, "It's snowing hard and really cold. Back to you..." She didn't look happy and I wonder if she had some choice words for her producer! :)

Guest jeweler jim

Coming with a CAT 955 or some such machine tomorrow. Drifts are eight to ten feet and if we get more there's no place to put it. As we are responsible for our own road in the subdivision we'll be moving some of the snow so we can do more plowing when we get the next snow. Some of the smaller cottages (summer homes) have snow up to the bottom of the awnings on the windows. If you could get inside the places it would be solid white at every window. Ten year round residences and six summer cottages.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/jimschad/142.jpg

I LOVE snow blowers...They make life MUCH more easier :lol:

Will never go back to the shovel for the big stuff! Our 30 year old Toro does a dandy job of displacing the white stuff!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/pagnew/Snowday2011.jpg

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived