SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger Single Trigger coach gun

Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L

Thinking of switching to a single trigger coach gun. I have been using the same Stoeger coach gun for the last 10 years. I like the mechanical trigger set Vs the recoil type.

Any of you pards using a single-trigger Stoeger coach gun? If so tell me what you think about it. The good the bad and the ugly.

I'll leave the horror stories about how difficult it is to get a cheaper single-trigger to work well to NKJ and others.

You want a Browning BSS. Might as well get one.

Good luck, GJ

I have both a Stoeger single trigger Coach Gun and a Browning BSS and there is no question about the Browning being the superior gun (and way more costly, of course). That said, my pard Daybreaker and I slicked up the Stoeger and it wasn't that difficult. It shoots fine, though with full choke it shoots a tighter pattern than my Browning--even at CAS distances. I have used it in plenty of matches and never had the doubling some rant about. Getting it to hang open so that loading is easy without going so far on the cocking levers that it will not re-cock the triggers is the trickiest part, but go slow and you will find the right balance. If you don't have the money, or want to spend it, on a BSS, there is no reason not to go with the Stoeger single trigger.

Cassalong Hopidy

Archived