SASS Wire Forum

. . . braving the storm . . . ?

During the night . . . a little chilly . . turned on electric blanket.

Dawn . . chilly . . . up for coffee . . back to bed . . watched the news on TV . . riots in Egypt, weather people in Chicago and other places freezing out in the blizzard while broadcasting. Ice, snow, storm, overturned trucks, stranded people. Local news . . to only get into the 50s today. Up after the first coffee "worked in me" out to visit my doggie . . . sun over the eastern horizon stong and bright, the sky clear and blue.

I feel for all you frozen people . . . -_-

If'n ya beleive that . . . I've got a Colt Lighting documented as owned by Doc Holliday that still has his finger prints on it and I'll make you a good price on it . . . . ;)

Rough time out here @ 70 miles east from Las Vegas, NM. I've got about 3 feet of snow on the ground and -9 below zero. Out till 1am with the family dropping off hay for the cattle. Overcast, windy and fine snow coming down. Since I'm 3 miles off of pavement, a hard freeze is good. When it thaws, its a booger to get back to civilization due to the stickey clay that makes up the "roads" out here. Staying in right now, except for brushing snow off the two satellite dishes (TV and Internet).

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

-14 at 9:30 in the morning here in Denver. Only a couple inches of snow, but with 60s this past weekend everything melted then froze when it fell and the temps took a dive.

Lets do some math, at Saturday's match I reckon it got up to 65, we've had lows down to about -25 with wind chills way lower. That's a temp swing of over 100 degrees in a few days.

All joking aside . . . I've lived thru that kind of stuff . . in the mid '60s out north of Chicago and then in southern Ohio we had some pretty severe winters while I was there. Happy not to be in that stuff today :)

Livestock fed, . . will let it warm up a bit more and get busy putting together fencing for a bigger horse area and shoveling out the pigs and horses. Life is good. :)

It is really going to be tough this weekend shooting in 65+ degree weather with lots of sunshine and worrying about all of you huddled by your fires.

Oh well. I'll just have to tough it out.

Storm? What are you talking about? This little 17" dusting of snow with 50 mph winds and single digit temps? Today wasn't so bad. No one was out because no one could get anywhere. Tonight is going to be -11. Now tomorrow, that is when the "fun" begins. Single digit temps, people going to work, main streets clear, side streets not, people speeding on the main streets, people on the side streets trying to get on the main streets can't get traction.....

Storm? What are you talking about? This little 17" dusting of snow with 50 mph winds and single digit temps? Today wasn't so bad. No one was out because no one could get anywhere. Tonight is going to be -11. Now tomorrow, that is when the "fun" begins. Single digit temps, people going to work, main streets clear, side streets not, people speeding on the main streets, people on the side streets trying to get on the main streets can't get traction.....

Sounds like all kinds of fun, . . if you can stay home and watch the news on TV while working in your shop. :)

Stop it ya'll I am freezing now.. geesh.. let me go find Rat and my blanket and turn up the heat.. darn it.. lol I am looking forward to spring to thaw my friends across the frozen nation out... Wish I could fire up a blow torch and do it for ya.. I really do..

Archived