SASS Wire Forum

Is Cabellas

Slowhand Bob, 24229

I have been watching Cabellas for a while now to see if the SS deluxe Remingtons would come back but to no avail. Stainless with the short barl and checkered grips made for a pretty nice looking package. Since before Christmas I have been watching for the Remington spare cylinders to go on sale and it just looks like their whole bp listing has shrunk since Christmas? I had been holding off on several small items in hopes that the cylinders wouldgo back on sale but now I fear the small items may disappear!

Their inventory depends on demand. Since BP is a niche (real BP, not subs) they will cater to what brings in the most profit.

I too have been looking for the short barreled Remington's and fear that they won't be coming any time soon. I have bobbed several Ruger Old Armies in my past and thought to do that with the 7 1/2" Remington's however there is a cost factor involved in so doing that is evened out with the cost of a ROA but seems excessive when applied to the cost of a Cabela's Remington. That and it's a lot of work to complete. Smithy.

Archived