SASS Wire Forum

We need somemore old west story tellin'

EE Taft

Yup, we sure do..........

But each time we start a good'un something happens.......Threads get pull.....upgrades come along.....

WHERE'D OUR STORY GO? starts getting asked....

What say y'all, wanna give it another shot?

Or are we cursed to never spin a yarn again?

:huh:

Dunno Taft. Some of us were hard into "Truth is Stranger" and it sure was a let down when it disappeared. If I do anymore I'll type it into word and then copy.

Betcha if ya got an itch tho theres plenty who'll contribute.

I know I'll pitch in my .02 (worth about .01)

I enjoyed helpin' writin' and thank everyone that welcomed me to the story.

We should save the stories or have someone save it and print it out.

~EE Taft~

Wheres the darn story anyhow.. lol... tapping my foot cuz I can't stand still anyhow.. lol

Ok I am now a little more than curious about this!?!?!

Well, it's a long story (no pun intended)! Patches and some others started a very well written novel with lots of twist and turns. Taft and Flint were heavy into it at first as well as some others. My character was a meddlesome has been, but wise to the world, ex scout and buffalo hunter. Taft was a gunfighter, and Flint...well he was ah, ah Flint! B)

Some tired of it I guess then Flint and I moved the theme into the realm of historical fiction surrounding personal trials and tribulations in NM, TX, and OK. When it got dumped off line, Flint was rescuing Cherokee Charlies friend, Taft was riding down near No Mans Land I think, and I was about to ride out of Ft. Griffin with my nephew and some pards to hunt the very last buffalo in Texas. Plan, in my mind, was to run into Taft and go from there. Guess all of us got weary after bout 30 pages, some of us wrote 2-3 pages at a time, and it stopped just long enough to get erased. Still sick over it.

All I can say it was a hoot, had fun, and you oughta been there.

Which reminds me! Where the heck is Cherokee Charlie??????? Hope all is well!

Well Ladies!! :wub:

Gotz y'all two (count'em two) threads goin' fer ya to read!!!!!

Story time and The Last Dance.

Feel free to add a touch of yer charm if'n ya want!!

~EE Taft~

Well Ladies!! :wub:

Gotz y'all two (count'em two) threads goin' fer ya to read!!!!!

Story time and The Last Dance.

Feel free to add a touch of yer charm if'n ya want!!

~EE Taft~

K.. EE. by SAss litle brother in MO...

Like the book said it was the best of time ... I sat in my senior english class wating for the end of the school year... And then i drifted off into a day dream.. not uncommon for me, huh?.. lol

it was 1887 and the cowboys rode into town ... one on a fancy line back dunn. the other sat high on his grey, the third on a mahogony bay, the fouth on a sorrel, and the very last on a paint horse who stepped high with determintation... They were the real WILD BUNCH.. as DEJA recalls the story.. EE>s on his paint stepping high into the streets of Houston Texas with his partners.. planned the best SASS cattle drive to CA ever.. EE's knew he had hand picked the very best group of drovers and lawmen in the country.. there wasx... amoung the five there wss JJJ's on his black quater horse that DEJA named Saparo..which meant black turgoise .. and other members were.......................

OK, looks like Sam has started the story. I have a question. What is the time frame of this story and location?

I personally would hate to see some flying horses and time machine travel and even some magic appear in the story. I presume this is a story about the old west and how things play out.

My preconception is that the railroad time frame was mostly after 1869 and the stage coach era was overlapping. The post 1869 time is the time of trail drives into the rail heads. Not before. Or am I making too much out of this?

OK, looks like Sam has started the story. I have a question. What is the time frame of this story and location?

I personally would hate to see some flying horses and time machine travel and even some magic appear in the story. I presume this is a story about the old west and how things play out.

My preconception is that the railroad time frame was mostly after 1869 and the stage coach era was overlapping. The post 1869 time is the time of trail drives into the rail heads. Not before. Or am I making too much out of this?

Looks like we're gonna run two at once and see where it goes. I'm going to leave it to Flint and Taft to set the tone of the "Story" since they started it. BTW it needs a title...maybe "A Story" is it.

"The Last Dance" is set in the early 1880's Mobeetie, TX as a starting point...it can go any direction from there. Buffalo and Indians all gone. Big ranches appearing and outlawry still abounds especially over in NM, Indian Territory, and up north in Wyoming, etc. The Lincoln County War is still on and up North trouble is brewing in Wyoming.

I didn't start it........he started it!!!!!!

:blink:

Oh wait, I guess I did start it.

:lol:

Fiction I tell ya, all fiction, fractured fairy tales.Did I tell y'all about the time I..... :blink:

.....Ran down the street naked with a beer in one hand and a football in the other yellin'.............

keep it goin', I think we're on ta sumpin'!!

~EE(one liner story) Taft~

Somebody who's better at this confuser stuff than me might oughta' keep a record of these tales and maybe we can publish a few of 'em for a fund raiser, say for the scholarship fund or somethin'!

WHADDAYA THINK??

Sam and I have discuss that, but we all need to get our heads together and decide how to go about it.

Certainly a good idea!!

~EE Taft~

Archived