SASS Wire Forum

Why do you hang out in the saloon at night?

Deja Vous

Well, for me I am single and I don't have a lap to curl up in at night, or anyone to cook or clean for, but I do have a Rat Dog that curls up in my lap. There are a few good programs on TV, but I always have a laugh here, and talk to good people.. So, with Rat on my lap getting a rub between posts, or when she demands one... I sit at my puter a lot and talk to all of you.. Cuz it is fun, and ya'll are funny. I am teased sometimes about it.. But really, I am not a bar person, I work full time and OT sometimes, so I need to stay in at night ... I go to the gym, maybe read or sew or do chores like cleaning guns.. lol.. But at night I am alone so the board is my company. I chat on the phone too... If I slept more I guess it would be harder to keep up, but I don't right now.. I haven't needed much sleep since I have been alone so I guess that listening to another conversation is what I really miss right now.. and I get it here.. Along with funny, very funny stuff.. and good advice too.. Sure I have friends here at work, at the gym a few new ones, and united way.. but my SASS friends are my favorites, but they are mostly married and busy.. so I come here to post and laught with those who are not too busy with family for me... The board is a great place to hang out and talk about shooting or life in general.... You can count on the people's advice that post here. So, why do you hang out at night?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, being drunk in public is illegal!!

Why else?

:lol:

Seriously though, I spend a lot of my night time working at home running my business, and work all day too. (except when there's a blizzard blowing through. :blink: ) so I tend to check on posts that I'm involved in in between work processes.

I usually only sleep 3 to 4 hours a night. I don't seem to run down (at least not yet) but the Wife says I'm hard to wake up once a fall asleep. I just find my time more productive when I don't spend it snoring. :lol:

Now, I have a question for you............Where do you come up with these interesting topics? Interesting to me because you wonder the strangest things and some of the answers that you get from the rest of us are cool!

~EE(insomniac)Taft~

Being retired, and finally being able to spend more time with BlueJeans, (she sometimes went weeks without seeing me, or even months during our marriage because of w**k), I try to make the evenings something we share together. The computer, and cell phones are turned off at usually 4PM.

Evenings are for visitng our friends, going out for dinner, or even playing board games, everything from checkers to chess to monopoly or Risk. As to TV, there are about 5 shows we like, and usually record them to play back without commercials, very rarely do we watch shows live.

MT

I w@@k second alone, live alone, who else am I going to yack it up with?

Well, for me I am single and I don't have a lap to curl up in at night, or anyone to cook or clean for, but I do have a Rat Dog that curls up in my lap. There are a few good programs on TV, but I always have a laugh here, and talk to good people.. So, with Rat on my lap getting a rub between posts, or when she demands one... I sit at my puter a lot and talk to all of you.. Cuz it is fun, and ya'll are funny. I am teased sometimes about it.. But really, I am not a bar person, I work full time and OT sometimes, so I need to stay in at night ... I go to the gym, maybe read or sew or do chores like cleaning guns.. lol.. But at night I am alone so the board is my company. I chat on the phone too... If I slept more I guess it would be harder to keep up, but I don't right now.. I haven't needed much sleep since I have been alone so I guess that listening to another conversation is what I really miss right now.. and I get it here.. Along with funny, very funny stuff.. and good advice too.. Sure I have friends here at work, at the gym a few new ones, and united way.. but my SASS friends are my favorites, but they are mostly married and busy.. so I come here to post and laught with those who are not too busy with family for me... The board is a great place to hang out and talk about shooting or life in general.... You can count on the people's advice that post here. So, why do you hang out at night?

Pretty much the same reason you do Deja, single, no family and not even a rat dog!:) This place is a hoot and ya meet the nicest people here. Hats off to my SASS pards.B) Rye

Cuz you're here, Darlin.

Well, being drunk in public is illegal!!

Why else?

:lol:

Seriously though, I spend a lot of my night time working at home running my business, and work all day too. (except when there's a blizzard blowing through. :blink: ) so I tend to check on posts that I'm involved in in between work processes.

I usually only sleep 3 to 4 hours a night. I don't seem to run down (at least not yet) but the Wife says I'm hard to wake up once a fall asleep. I just find my time more productive when I don't spend it snoring. :lol:

Now, I have a question for you............Where do you come up with these interesting topics? Interesting to me because you wonder the strangest things and some of the answers that you get from the rest of us are cool!

~EE(insomniac)Taft~

thanks EE.. I am just curious about other people.. I find them interesting and I learn so much about them, about times, about eras, about guns, about life... and about myself.

For the beautiful women.

Ah... how sweet.. you know your check is in the mail.. lol

Wait a minute, IT'S DARK OUTSIDE?

When did THAT happen :o

TF

Ah.. don't know what to say... lol... Did I wake you?

Why, just to read your posts, DV. Always interesting. Besides, only sleep 3-4 hours a night and that usually doesn't start until about 0400.

All the posts on here are great! I love the humor and the stories and stuff myself a lot.

My kind of people!

Silly ones, huh? lol... It is fun on here!

I w@@k second alone, live alone, who else am I going to yack it up with?

I yack with my Rat Dog too... she usually listens really well or falls asleep.. lol It does keep me company too.

Cuz you're here, Darlin.

Dakota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, are you burried in ice or snow? Is everyone okay? I worry about all of you .. ya know that..

I didn't know that Bobb cud reed.

I think he turns the volume up and just listens..

I too turn of the machines when I leave the shop. Do not have and probably won't have one in the house.

I check the Saloon several times a day from Mon-Fri as I go into or past my office.

I'd rather be here than over on the WIRE. I am totally sick of it.

Home time is generally spent with books. We have hundreds in the house. From modern thrillers, to Science Fiction to classics. I started Shelley's Frankenstein again last night. I have a friend that loves to garage sale. He buys books by the box full and then gives me the ones he doesn't want.

I've noticed that several in the Saloon claim American Indian heritage.

There was a class taught at the University of MIssouri in the 50s-60s called "Cycle of the West" by John Neihardt. In essence John read his book, which is in the form of an epic poem, to the class. I took it once for credit, once with my wife, and once because I had that hour open.

He tells the story of the voyagers, Lewis and Clark expedition, the Indian Wars, and the Ghost Dancers from the point of view of the Indians.

He has several other books including "Black Elk Speaks", a book of Sioux prophecies. If you haven't read them, you should.

Dakota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, are you burried in ice or snow? Is everyone okay? I worry about all of you .. ya know that..

Doing fine, except for the cold and the snow.

Driveway

Cause I quit drinkin' and no longer hang out in a saloon....

At night?

I hang out here in the daytime too.

Especially when it's dang cold outside. :lol:

There's been a saying for years out here in cowboy country:

"Why do saloons always have dimmed lights? It's to keep you from seeing the crossed eyeballs of your pardner across the table" :wacko:

I guess that works better in a saloon at night.... :D

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

Doing fine, except for the cold and the snow.

Driveway

Oh my gosh... that is a lot of that white fluffy stuff.. Be careful... all of you back there at my old home state.. hugs to ya all.. Deja

I too turn of the machines when I leave the shop. Do not have and probably won't have one in the house.

I check the Saloon several times a day from Mon-Fri as I go into or past my office.

I'd rather be here than over on the WIRE. I am totally sick of it.

Home time is generally spent with books. We have hundreds in the house. From modern thrillers, to Science Fiction to classics. I started Shelley's Frankenstein again last night. I have a friend that loves to garage sale. He buys books by the box full and then gives me the ones he doesn't want.

I've noticed that several in the Saloon claim American Indian heritage.

There was a class taught at the University of MIssouri in the 50s-60s called "Cycle of the West" by John Neihardt. In essence John read his book, which is in the form of an epic poem, to the class. I took it once for credit, once with my wife, and once because I had that hour open.

He tells the story of the voyagers, Lewis and Clark expedition, the Indian Wars, and the Ghost Dancers from the point of view of the Indians.

He has several other books including "Black Elk Speaks", a book of Sioux prophecies. If you haven't read them, you should.

Actually there is a website for Black Elk, and for the Rosebud Reservation, and they sell stuff there.. they are one of the poorest tribes btw.

I hang out here at night for the same reasons I hang out here during the day.

I like bein' 'round "rustlers, cutthroats, murders, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglars, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, a$$-kickers, sh**-kickers, and Methodists!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the only saloon I can hang out in while wearing only spurs, chaps and a cowboy hat where nobody will come on to me, sometimes I feel so cheap :wacko:

Archived