SASS Wire Forum

We in Phoenix feel your pain

:FlagAm: Well my friends, might have to turn the furnace on tonight. A freeze warning being issued with temps down in the lower thirties for the next three nights. Might actually see some flurries up north towards Flagstaff. Probably will have to wear a coat outside tomorrow providing I can find one in the closet.

Have a nice evening and stay warm.

Toasty regards,

Chas B. Wolfson B)

:FlagAm: Well my friends, might have to turn the furnace on tonight. A freeze warning being issued with temps down in the lower thirties for the next three nights. Might actually see some flurries up north towards Flagstaff. Probably will have to wear a coat outside tomorrow providing I can find one in the closet.

Toasty regards,

Chas B. Wolfson B)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........:lol:

Ah Chas,

We're in the middle of an Ice Storm. How about I send you some Pennsylvania Ice as a sample. You won't mind if it's still attached to a chunk of the side walk and shipped COD will 'ya??

Coffinmaker

Well, here in Alvin, (just south of Houston), it's currently 33 with a wind chill of 16, and will drop to 22 degrees tonight with a wind chill of 8 Degrees. Will have nights in the 20's for the next 4 nights, and a very good possibility of snow. Unusually cold for this area. Just 28 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

RBK

Brrrrrrrrr, it's cold here in southern Floreeda tu, :unsure: ,,oh wait a minute, <_< ,,,I forgot to turn off the air,, :blush: ,,,,,,,,,awww, tha's better :rolleyes: ,,,,,listening to the crickets. :wub: ...y'all stay warm now ya hear....

See ya in Phoenix soon, Iwl brang sum warmth wit meee. :lol:

Cheyenne, who does miss a big snowstorm! Culpepper

Guest Sheriff Pack Wolf, SASS #31917

-3 degrees here at 8:30 MTS. Tomorrow will be the same, as was yesterday. Thursday I'll hook up the 5th wheel and get ready to go south to those chilly nights you all are talking about. WR here we come!

Pack

Heck it ain't even really cold here in Utah yet. Theres a nice canyon breez about 2000 MPH and its a balmy -30. So July don't seem that hot when we have our State championship match. No sir no complaining here..... Gawd it's cold!!!!!

Mackenna

The blizzard has just about passed here in KC. It is supposed to get real cold tonight. The wind is still blowing and the snow is still drifting. One thing is for sure nobody is moving around tonight. Very quiet here.

Hey Chas, where you been hiding out? Howdy Doody has sent out some scouts tryin' to find you wonderin' if you got kidnapped by injuns or something. Send him a pm if you have a few minutes.

I received an email the other day that contained a story allegedly written by a 2nd grader. It started with something like "my grand parents used to live in a big brick house down the road, but the grandpa became retarded and grandma and grandpa moved to Arizona." I am now within sight of becoming "retarded." I look forward to moving somewhere warm, living in a metal box, going to the "wreck center" and eating out every night. I do think I might get tired of a steady diet of early birds. This big old house is getting bigger and the winter is pretty cold.

By the way, there is a difference between climate and weather. A stormy winter is perfectly consistent with global warming. I read the other day that the 10 warmest years on record have occured in the last 12 years. Something is happening. Who knows Al Gore might be righ.

Today it's gonna hit 41 degrees......problem is it's raining and with it turning cold later this will turn to MORE ice on top of the heavy snow pack and layer of ice we already have. Supposed to be a high of 22 tommorow and they're predicting that it will be........SUNNY!B) Whoopee...first sun we saw in 9 days or more! Boy do I hate this crap!:angry:

Let's say prayer for all the folks out of power and no heat.

Lefty

Howdy, Pards,

Minus 18 F. in Denver last night. Went out this morning. By 11:00 AM my OAT (Outside Air Temp.) gage in the car was showing zero. Supposed to be warming tonight and tomorrow. I did put on my thermal-knit longjohns. If it had gotten any colder I might have had to put on the thermal-knit undershirt under my flannel shirt. N3B parka works fine at such temps. At least we don't have a lot of snow (maybe an inch or two). Could be a lot worse. Heck, the Expedition started with no problem and I don't even have a tank- or headbolt heater to plug in.

"When it's springtime in Alaska, it's forty below!" ;) As a matter of fact, the TV said Anchorage was 36 above!

Ride careful, Pards, watch out for black ice! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America!

Your Pard,

It Flagstaff it got up to 9 today and the winds were a howling.........Yoos-ta-be-kid

Toasty regards,

Chas B. Wolfson B)

I am only saying this part so I can say the next part: I think we hit 83 today in Central Florida. Now the second part: In the middle of August, I can only dream of a big snow storm. You know, when it's 98 degrees and 95 percent humidity - for the fourth straight week in a row.

Ya'll Keep Warm.

Dang It

Archived