SASS Wire Forum

Ya all are going to have to cut back!

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut a whopping $100 million from the $3.5 trillion federal budget!

I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I spend about $2000 a month on groceries, medicine, bills, etc, but it's time to get out the budget cutting ax, go line by line through my expenses, and go to work.

I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio -1/35,000 of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2000 a month; I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents!

Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is all about. I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries. I expect all of you to make similar sacrifices :lol:

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, boys. BUT if you insist on running your personal budget like the

giverment, well, yer gonna go broke just like the giverment.

You are gonna have to give some of that money to somebody needy, like me, and I feel that I am entitled to it just cause. Besides, you got it and I ain't. So be a patriot and send me your guilt money.

:D

Federal budget savings usually consist of not spending more money we won't have next year as fast as we spent money we didn't have last year. On a personal basis this is like not buying another keg of beer next year over and beyond what you spent last year, even though you couldn't finish off the keg you bought then.

Oh my GOD . . . I don't know if I can keep supplied with powder and shot on a budget that is only 134,999 / 135,000 of what it used to be ? I'm in trouble. That is a BIG CUT. :blink::wacko::huh:-_-:angry:

Ok . . I figurd out how to DO IT . . . I'll load one chamber as a blank, . . and take a miss for that shot :) Problem solved. Nice to do as well as Obama at this cut expenses thinger ^_^

All of youse are missing the point. You have to understand what the word "cut" means when applied to Federal budgeting. Let me give you an example. While this is imaginary, the process is very real.

The Department of Doodads has a FY 2011 budget of $100 Billion for new geegaws. They put in a request for $110 Billion for FY 2012.

The finance people in the House Committee had a hissy-fit and proclaimed this to be extravagant and wasteful After much arguing and deal making everyone agreed that a budget of $105 Billion was acceptable for new geegaws (which weren't needed in the first place, but that's irrelevant).

Note that as far as actual money budgeted there is an INCREASE of $5 Billion.

But the press release proudly trumpets a budget CUT of $5 Billion, because they're getting less than they asked for.

Everybody poses for the photographers with their chart showing a $5 Billion cut and the President makes a speech highlighting this "cut" to show how he is being fiscally responsible.

And that, beloveds, is the Washingon definition of a cut.

All of youse are missing the point. You have to understand what the word "cut" means when applied to Federal budgeting. Let me give you an example. While this is imaginary, the process is very real.

The Department of Doodads has a FY 2011 budget of $100 Billion for new geegaws. They put in a request for $110 Billion for FY 2012.

The finance people in the House Committee had a hissy-fit and proclaimed this to be extravagant and wasteful After much arguing and deal making everyone agreed that a budget of $105 Billion was acceptable for new geegaws (which weren't needed in the first place, but that's irrelevant).

Note that as far as actual money budgeted there is an INCREASE of $5 Billion.

But the press release proudly trumpets a budget CUT of $5 Billion, because they're getting less than they asked for.

Everybody poses for the photographers with their chart showing a $5 Billion cut and the President makes a speech highlighting this "cut" to show how he is being fiscally responsible.

And that, beloveds, is the Washingon definition of a cut.

Awww, Joe, I think you left out the part about last year, fiscal 2010, the budget was for 100 Billion for new geegaws that they never really used but were stockpiled in a warehouse in Nowhere, Arizona. However the line item on the 2011 budget could not be deleted because there would/might be a need for geegaws in fiscal 2011 so therefore we would need to increase our usage since we do not have any in our local inventory. Thus the request for 110 Billion, which we did acknowledge as over all an increase in our budget, so we will reduce it to 105 Billion thus saving the taxpayers 5 Billion from our budget alone.

Now if we stress this across the board on all of the Federal Departments you can see that we will reap a substantial savings.

However, that said, we will not be able to reduce the deficit this year and there may be a slight increase.

My brain hurts just trying to figure it all out! I liked the video. That helps a lot. Bet you'll never see THAT on the news!

WAIT WAIT WAIT.....What did you say Foul Mouth, I am too many Kegs into the beer right now....So say it again only slower this time.... :P

If at the end of the year 2010 you found you still had a partial keg left, you have a pretty good idea of how much you need to stock up this year.

Government accounting would place an order for ten extra kegs, cancell half the order and claim they saved the cost of five kegs.

Normal people would just order an extra five kegs and throw a party without claiming they saved anything.

Oh my GOD . . . I don't know if I can keep supplied with powder and shot on a budget that is only 134,999 / 135,000 of what it used to be ? I'm in trouble. That is a BIG CUT. :blink::wacko::huh:-_-:angry:

Ok . . I figurd out how to DO IT . . . I'll load one chamber as a blank, . . and take a miss for that shot :) Problem solved. Nice to do as well as Obama at this cut expenses thinger ^_^

Ya just gotta love Wolfy! :lol: Now if the rest of America will send me that 6 cents,i can buy Wolfy that extra round. :) That calls for a Happy Dance

Thanks Foul Mouth, it basically looks like I can have another beer.....I was scared there for a minute with all this talk about cutting budgets and all......."First the silver run out of the Santa Rio then the gold and now the booze"....or something like that.......What was the question?!?!? :D

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, boys. BUT if you insist on running your personal budget like the

giverment, well, yer gonna go broke just like the giverment.

Nope

Just get yourself another of those credit cards

Dusty, if you're really gonna act like the government, then you'll spend $1,999.94, but you'll only need to take in $1,200.00. And don't bother earning it - just steal it from your neighbors and tell them it's for their own good.

Well, I'll try....but "Hoss" (my Appy) aint gonna be happy wif just one bale of hay every other day.

Ya just mite have some road apples comin' yur way !!!!! :lol:

Thanks Foul Mouth, it basically looks like I can have another beer.....I was scared there for a minute with all this talk about cutting budgets and all......."First the silver run out of the Santa Rio then the gold and now the booze"....or something like that.......What was the question?!?!? :D

Yer welcome. Have another on me, I did some gummit math and are five kegs ahead for the coming year due to the gummit program to plow perfectly good barley under. What I did with the barley is my business. Please send check soonest. hiccup.

Dang, Dusty! That sure does put it in perspective!!! I'm so miffed about the whole thing that I'm going on a spending binge just to spite the man!!! Hmmmm...I'll bet I could come up with another gun that I just gotta have. :)

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut a whopping $100 million from the $3.5 trillion federal budget!

I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I spend about $2000 a month on groceries, medicine, bills, etc, but it's time to get out the budget cutting ax, go line by line through my expenses, and go to work.

I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio -1/35,000 of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2000 a month; I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents!

Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is all about. I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries. I expect all of you to make similar sacrifices :lol:

You should make the ultimate sacrifice and do a whole dime.. that is my plan.. lol. You are too funny..

Wolfees.. my plan is to load everyone other.. and the emtpy ones I will make the sound "bang" and claim to have hit the target.. lol..

Archived