SASS Wire Forum

WINTER RANGE

Hells Comin

I'm coming from just down the street.

I try to shoot with class but don't always measure up.

Been shooting most all my life.

Camping in the main camp area space 50.

Will arrive on the 18th.

Johnny Meadows

I'm coming from Grand Rapids Michigan (we are supposed to get 15 inches of snow in the next 24 hours)with 3 other pards from the area. we've rented a house and there will be 13 of us total in the house from MI and IN. If all goes well we will be there on the 18th. and ready to shoot Fire N Ice. I like long walks on the beach, puppies and mud wrestling,but not all at the same time usually.

Star Packer, Addie Rose Rob'n D. Vault,Marshall W. Hill & I will be down out of the mountains and in the valley for the match Many friends from back east will be out, Appaloosa Amy, Quaker Hill Bill, Snazy McGee, Al B. Crazy, Yankee, Boston Lady, Grazer Hawley McCoy, Tick Ridge, Avocetessa, Bonnie Dee, Beaver Trapper, Doc Black, Lou Graham, etc. etc.

Looking forward to all the fun will all.

See ya'll real soon,

TB

I'll head out Sat mid-morning the 19th from near Bogata, TX (30 miles south of the Bar-3) drive to near Ducanville (south of Dallas) to pick up Non-Stop driving on to about Van Horn then on into Phoenix on the 20th. We're hoping to get in some practice Monday and Tuesday somewhere as we have in the past. I'll be trying my hand at Senior FCD and Non-Sop will battle it out with the Seniors. (I know, there is no SFCD so I will just let them youngsters whip up on me giving my age as an excuse for being slow.) Not sure how many of these National Championships NS has made but I started shooting CAS in summer of '99 and have not missed a WR yet (#12)....great match. We look forward to meetting up with those we seldom see plus maybe getting in an outting with some local non-CAS friends.

You all drive safe. Good luck to those shooting F & I.

bb

Mad Dog and I are leaving the warm and balmy (9 degrees this AM) on the 8th to pick up our fifth wheel, join good friends in the Camp Verde area and get in some much needed practice. We will arrive at Ben Avery on the 17th.

We plan to shoot the WB warm up at Cowtown and then Fire and Ice.

Looking forward to seeing all our shooting friends and meeting new ones.

Everyone have a safe trip and plan to have fun. WR is one of the best matches you can attend.

If all goes well we will be there on the 18th. and ready to shoot Fire N Ice. I like long walks on the beach, puppies and mud wrestling,but not all at the same time usually.

good one Deuce :lol: :lol: :lol: expect a PM from Hells :rolleyes:

Howdy Pardners & Pardettes,

Will hopefully arrive in the area on the 19:th - coming in from Sweden, Europe. Will be shooting Gunfighter & my oldest son will be shooting Buckaroo.

Looking forward to another great Winter Range! (And two weeks away from the snow and cold over here...)

Best Regards

Wild Bull

Sweden Territory

Wolf Wind-Walker and bringing Desert Jewel with me...........

Coming from Washington Utah

ETA : Friday Feb 18th - shooting Fire & Ice the 19th

Shooting Senior Duelist - cause Duelist is coolest B)

And I have had lots of experience along the way......???? :rolleyes:

Bringing sunblock and also rain gear and lone underwear....... :ph34r:

See ya soon Phil............WWWW

Heading in from Washington State on Monday the 21st.

That will get me a day to practice with the new guns I've never shot before... :)

Playing with nipples & balls this year; Frontiersman.

Can't wait to see all my pards from around the country (& the world) and to soak up some warm sun.

We're coming from North of Seattle, this'll be out 5th WR. Nellie Belle will be in a sling, so she's not shooting this time. Got stuck being a posse marshal again :wacko: See ya on the 22nd.

It's a great shoot put on by great people.

I'm coming from Grand Rapids Michigan (we are supposed to get 15 inches of snow in the next 24 hours)with 3 other pards from the area. we've rented a house and there will be 13 of us total in the house from MI and IN. If all goes well we will be there on the 18th. and ready to shoot Fire N Ice. I like long walks on the beach, puppies and mud wrestling,but not all at the same time usually.

And Ohio.

Howdy to the fire.

Pecos Paul and I are leaving KC on Friday and will be shooting in Plainview, TX on Saturday and in Elephant Butte, NM on Sunday. Should be getting into Phoenix around Monday afternoon if all goes as planned. I am shooting FC and will try to make some good smoke. Oh and I like cherry pie.

Your pard,

KC

Coming in on Wednesday morn (mini match day) - From Las Vegas.

I will be a Posse Marshall again this year (so if you see you are on my posse - I apologize right now). ;)

Shooting Gunfighter and hoping to get a little higher in category this year.

But at big shoots, I seem to be much better at choking than shooting.:lol:

Bighorn and Crotchy Ol Bart and I are coming from New Mexico hope it quits snowing by then. We have 10 to 12 inches at Founders Ranch today and still snowing hard.

I managed to get my spouse Barely There to come with me in the RV this year. I am shooting in the Tejas Caballeros monthly match on the 19th at Flat Creek Ranch near Dripping Springs Texas, then we will take off that afternoon from our place in Wimberley Texas. Probably end up in the Fort Stockton RV park that night (if we get that far). The plan is to arrive on the 21st early enough to get settled in and calmed down before the Wild Bunch National Championship the next day. We are staying at the Pioneer RV park just north of the range, so we will be convenient to the venue.

For the main match I am shooting Classic Cowboy. This is my 4th year, and I am hoping not to drop guns (as I did in the first one), have my pistol cylinders lock up with high primers(second year), or have a squib in the 4th round in my rifle(as I did last year). Notwithstanding all my problems and excuses, Winter Range is one of my favorite matches. This year I want to give the perennial favorites in my category a run for their money. We'll see.

We are coming in on the 20th.

Marshal Stone Traditional in Wild Bunch and Duelist in Cowboy.

Also going to be a posse marshal for main match again.

Tripod will be shooting ladies Senior.

Grandson, The Hollywood Kidd comes in on the 21st. and is

shooting Boys Young guns duelist style. bringing his mother

this year to watch and be his personal assistant.

Is it time to leave yet? Can't wait.

See everyone soon.

Marshal Stone

Daisy D'Ablo and I are heading down from Ontario on Thursday to get there early to do some sightseeing in Arizona. I'm figuring Deuce will make sure the roads are clear in Michigan and west since he is gonna take care of the ranges on Friday for their monthly match!!! Looking forward to Fire & Ice and then Winter Range. Gonna meet a lot of great folks!

Shooting 49r (til the summer) and this will be my first W/R.

Colt

Justin Parker and I will be leaving Azle, Texas Tuesday the 22nd and will arrive in Phoenix Wednesday evening, our second WR and Opie won the TSRA sponsorship again this year so we are happy to go.

Op is a Cowboy this year, turned 17 in November....me I still try to shoot Lady Gunfighter.

If it don't stop sleetin' and snowin' we will be shooting WR cold, no practice at all...makes me nervous, I like to shoot my guns before a big match to insure all parts are in working order.

Hells Comin! And I'm comin with ya, ya hear...I'm com in with ya,........no wait....that's not how it goes.......

Anyway, I'll be there shooting those Colts you sold me in B-Western. Most of the Derringer Gang will be there as well (Pa, Slick & Doc). :rolleyes:

Wonnerful Hubby and I get in on the 15th and plan to shoot Fire & Ice, see all our pards from all over and have a great time. I'll be shooting FCGF with the Smokeless Ones as usual. I have pictures I took when I was in AZ in Nov. as my screensaver just to remind me that somewhere in the world there is not relentless white and the temps can be in double digits.

Elsie Rose and I left Florida today and are in Cousaba RV park in Kinde Louisanna. We were going up to Ft Worth to possee up with Lefty Wheeler and Krazy Legs Kay. But with the bad weather we are gonna wait a couple days before moving on towards Ft Worth or Tombstone than on to Fire and Ice and WR.We are looking at stoping at the movie studio at Tucson on the way to Phoenix. Thats always a hoot. We are gona land in Pioneer RV Park. NBC

Gunstock Smith and I are leaving San Antonio on Thursday the 17th with our new toybox. Stoppin in Van Horn for the night and gettin into Phx on the 18th. Meetin up with Goatneck Clem an shootin Fire n Ice, then WB. REALLY lookin forward to shootin the BP night shoot... my first one!! :lol: Add in the Long Range, and then the main match. Lookin forward to returning to the Valley of the Sun where I grew up...maybe a side trip up to Cottonwood where I lived for a few years an see a few friends.... miss the view of those red rocks, but now I'm a TEXAN! :P

Miss Cubbie

:FlagAm:

I will be flying in on the 22nd (would have been my big brother's birthday, he would've been 68, he would've loved this fine game of ours), Will be staying off Union Hills just east of 17 bout 15 minutes from the range at my niece's place. Gonna shoot the warm up wed am and a few side matches, then if needed out to cowtown. Really feel good about the match.

Looking forward to seeun pards I taint seen in a while..

Cheyenne

Flying out from Louisiana on the 23rd, should arrive in Az around 11am. Not sure what class I'm shooting :unsure: Maybe FC or CC or maybe even BW :lol: . Been working on a few things with my trainer ;) and boy I have picked up several seconds, my game's getting better and better :D Looking forward to seeing everyone again real soon.

Slick

Arriving the 18th for my 4th WR, and the second shooting FC. What a way to break up the norwegian winter!!! Belle and our daughter are coming as well.

And I`ll do my best to make Mudflat earn his money on the squarehead & gnom-posse! Yeahh :D

Calico Cass & el Gato Gordo are coming. Shooting LFC & FCD, respectively. Arriving Wednesday, staying at the range, space 79. Taking three travel days from Colorado Springs ~ leisurely.

This may be about the destination, but it is also about the journey!

eGG

Flying out from Louisiana on the 23rd, should arrive in Az around 11am. Not sure what class I'm shooting :unsure: Maybe FC or CC or maybe even BW :lol: . Been working on a few things with my trainer ;) and boy I have picked up several seconds, my game's getting better and better :D Looking forward to seeing everyone again real soon.

Slick

Yikes!! Like you weren't fast enough already!

Hope to see ya there!

Good luck to all from Gateway Kid, Dominguez Red, and 3 Gun Griz. We'll be there on the 22nd.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I'll head out Sat mid-morning the 19th from near Bogata, TX (30 miles south of the Bar-3) drive to near Ducanville (south of Dallas) to pick up Non-Stop driving on to about Van Horn then on into Phoenix on the 20th. We're hoping to get in some practice Monday and Tuesday somewhere as we have in the past. I'll be trying my hand at Senior FCD and Non-Sop will battle it out with the Seniors. (I know, there is no SFCD so I will just let them youngsters whip up on me giving my age as an excuse for being slow.) Not sure how many of these National Championships NS has made but I started shooting CAS in summer of '99 and have not missed a WR yet (#12)....great match. We look forward to meetting up with those we seldom see plus maybe getting in an outting with some local non-CAS friends.

You all drive safe. Good luck to those shooting F & I.

bb

Trip kinda sucks and near 2/3 of the miles down and ya still aint out of The Republic of Texas.

Archived