SASS Wire Forum

Ever do something

Shouldn't do????

Today, stopping at the local Walgreens to fill some meds, what did my wondering eyes see, but a stack of BEER six-packs. Now, that's not too unusual to see, but I had never heard of the brand, and indeed, had to pick one up to be sure it was actialy a Beer.

Flat Rack, or something near that, and, at $2.49 a six-pack, well, I simply had to buy one. When the wife and I got home, she chilled one of the cans and we opened it and poured it in a nice chilled glass for a taste. We both took a nice mouthfull and allowed the taste to expand in our mouth for a few seconds, savoring the smell and texture, then spit it in the sink and rinsed our mouths.

Dumped the rest of the glass in the sink, and think the glass can be saved. Wife asked mt what I thought of it, and my answer was,

"I'd keep that horse on the same medicen for three more days, and if he ain't better by then, just shoot him!!!!!

The only good part was setting the other 5 cans in the ditch acrost the yard and shooting them with my 17HMR.

That was, "Impressive!!!""

Simple pleasurs of life are good.

Greeenriver

I had that experience once, but with a sixer of Sierra Nevada brew. One of the seasonal Christmas brews that are usually pretty darned good. Took a sip, spit it out. Well, maybe it was just tasting wrong along with the pork sandwich. Rinsed my mouth, tried again. Same thing. Popped open another bottle. Just as bad. Poured it all down the drain.

Yep,but i had to test all six,i came to the conclusion the next mornin that beer was worth a possums butt!! :wacko::ph34r::wacko:

I tried it from Walgreen's - I liked it :lol: ..tasted better than PBR

but usually only drink Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Torpedo (or equivalent)

Cheers..

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I was posted "Down Under" fer 3 years. And feel in love wif "Swan Lauger" .

Went down so smooth and kick some butt.

Back stateside and bougt some "Fosters".

Now I know why dey call it "Roo Piss !!!" :P

Shouldn't do????

Today, stopping at the local Walgreens to fill some meds, what did my wondering eyes see, but a stack of BEER six-packs. Now, that's not too unusual to see, but I had never heard of the brand, and indeed, had to pick one up to be sure it was actialy a Beer.

Flat Rack, or something near that, and, at $2.49 a six-pack, well, I simply had to buy one. When the wife and I got home, she chilled one of the cans and we opened it and poured it in a nice chilled glass for a taste. We both took a nice mouthfull and allowed the taste to expand in our mouth for a few seconds, savoring the smell and texture, then spit it in the sink and rinsed our mouths.

Dumped the rest of the glass in the sink, and think the glass can be saved. Wife asked mt what I thought of it, and my answer was,

"I'd keep that horse on the same medicen for three more days, and if he ain't better by then, just shoot him!!!!!

The only good part was setting the other 5 cans in the ditch acrost the yard and shooting them with my 17HMR.

Greeenriver

Hmmm Flat Rack?? Sure it wasn't Flat Rock... you know what cows do to those don't ya? lol

Gunner, many things taste better than PBR. Much of them may be toxic, or worse!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greeenriver

Aye...true true amigo!

GG ~ USA

Shouldn't do????

Greeenriver

Look how very LUCKY YOU ARE . . . that you didn't . . . . stock up on a dozen six packs at that price :)

On a trip to Ohio . . . I wuz comin' back to the family farm from Home Depot . . stopped at a convenience corner store ( United Dairy Farmers ) which is a common one around those pars and has a good reputation. Saw some breakfast sausage at a good price of a brand never heered of. Bought two pounds. Cooked some of it up. Spit out the first bite and had to thow all of it away. Now when on the road across county I will buy "unknown brands" but only a small amount, . . go out to the "rolling bunk house" cook some up and tast it. If eddible will then buy a supply for the next few days of travel.

Re Flat Rock? Brought to you by the producers of BuckHorn?

I had sum skunky beer that a friend gave to me. I ended up using it in a Jerry Baker recipe and sprayed it on my compost pile.

CPK

Now 3Es, you oughta been suspicious about cheap beer at Walgreens! You wouldn't trust medicine that you never heard of that they had out for a low price at the liquor store, wouldya? :lol:

Uh. what could ever go wrone at a liquor stors??? That's WHISKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greeenriver

Archived