SASS Wire Forum

So there I was...

Grizzly Dave

So there I was...

just minding my own business...

Dumping some cases out of the tumbler, into the separator, and then into a coffee can...

And what did I spy with my little eye?

A nickel case, hmmm says I, I rarely shoot nickel cases unless I have a reload from my belt where I put nickel cases...

So, I pull it out, to inspect it, I always set nickel aside and do them separate for some odd reason, and check them closer for splits. This case looks strange, it's a bit too long, and dang if it ain't a necked case to boot!

Well, if'n I read correctly, which is highly questionable, it's a 32-20. Ain't never seen one of them critters afore. Typically I'll find a 45 LC in with my brass, but today I found two 45 LC, a 44, a 357, and the 32-20.

Got about 600 cases thru the decap resize die today. Then took apart my belling die to clean it, it looks like on the center "pin" for lack of a better word, there is a slight bevel, then half to 3/4 of an inch one diameter, then it flates out considerably. I never thought much how the die works, but from the looks of it, the smaller diameter goes into the case (mighty tight fit) and then the flare bells the mouth.

Anyhow, there's what I've been up to, too cold to do much else, and sposed to be colder tomorrow. I'm supposed to go into work tomorrow, but with snow and a high in the negative numbers, it sounds like a day to stay home and hibernate.

Grizz

So there I was...

Dumping some cases out of the tumbler, into the separator, and then into a coffee can...

A nickel case, hmmm says I, I rarely shoot nickel cases unless I have a reload from my belt where I put nickel cases...

So, I pull it out, to inspect it, I always set nickel aside and do them separate for some odd reason, and check them closer for splits. This case looks strange, it's a bit too long, and dang if it ain't a necked case to boot!

Well, if'n I read correctly, which is highly questionable, it's a 32-20. Ain't never seen one of them critters afore. Typically I'll find a 45 LC in with my brass, but today I found two 45 LC, a 44, a 357, and the 32-20.

Got about 600 cases thru the decap resize die today. Then took apart my belling die to clean it, it looks like on the center "pin" for lack of a better word, there is a slight bevel, then half to 3/4 of an inch one diameter, then it flates out considerably. I never thought much how the die works, but from the looks of it, the smaller diameter goes into the case (mighty tight fit) and then the flare bells the mouth.

Anyhow, there's what I've been up to, too cold to do much else, and sposed to be colder tomorrow. I'm supposed to go into work tomorrow, but with snow and a high in the negative numbers, it sounds like a day to stay home and hibernate.

Grizz

That 32-20 brass might belong to KK, if not see Breed.

LL'

If you can stay home and hibernate, by all means do! Otherwise, stay safe! We're supposed to have sleet, ice and all kinds of fun stuff here.

No ice down here yet, but the cold is a'comin'!

Saturday afternoon took the horses for a two hour ride along Fountain Creek, crossed a scary bridge. Nice, shirt-sleeve weather. Installed trim around the new windows on the house on Sunday ~ cooler, but nice workin' weather.

Tonight the forecast low is -20. Right now it is +8, but with a 20 knot wind the windchill is -27. One of those days that makes me wonder WHY we have horses. Then I remember Saturday.

Gotta love Colorado weather!

eGG

(Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with Michigan dried cherries, and a mug of hot chocolate on the side!)

32-20 ain't so rare ... it's tha nickel 32-20 that ain't so common ...

Only seen'd them in tha hands of one shooter under this side of tha fishin' hole, ...

..... an' he imported 'em from Starline hisownself.

So there I was...

Grizz

Supposed to git down to -25 to -35 wind chill tomarrow mornin. And I GOTTA work outside in it !!!:angry:

I did spend today wisely though, slept late, and cranked up the heater in the shop and cleaned the belling die and got about 600 cases belled. Debating whether to prime them with whats left of the Magtech primers I have, or use some Winchesters. I don't like the Magtechs much, so kinda want to just use them up. Got about 600 left so this seems like a good chance to use them up...

Archived