SASS Wire Forum

Hitch and Cole Ride Into The Sunset

Black Tooth Zach

I hate to hear that. I would like to see all four of the books get made into movies. It wouldn't bother me if they got another actor to play Hitch. Viggo did a good job, but he is not really a physical fit for how Parker described Hitch in the books. He is often referred to as the big feller.

I hate to hear that. I would like to see all four of the books get made into movies. It wouldn't bother me if they got another actor to play Hitch. Viggo did a good job, but he is not really a physical fit for how Parker described Hitch in the books. He is often referred to as the big feller.

I feel the same way Boondock. Replace Viggo and get on with it - 3 sequels!! I have 3 of the books on audio CD's and will be enjoying them on the drive down to Winter Range!!!

Of course another minor problem is the movie didn't make much money. I went twice at the theater and bought the DVD. However it only made $20 million.

That's true, but the studio never really gave it a chance. Having read the book, I was really looking forward to it. I live in a small college town and we have a decent 12 screen cinema. It didn't show here until over a month after it was released, and they almost didn't show it at all. I don't remember it being promoted very well either.

I think that a western has to be a real shoot em up to attract the non cowboy audience. I too saw it twice and bought the DVD.

that is a shame to hear, if I recall correctly, the next novel (Resolution), has a bigger

role for Hitch than Appaloosa did.

I thank im going to be hated on but I thought the Movie was cornyas Hell!! THe acting was good enough I guess but I dont know about the Directing or if it was the story I dont know but The guy walkin around with his 8 ga. it all seemed a little much. I was predictable with the girl and inever read the books. DOnt get mewrong i support all westerns because iwant hollywood to make more but it didnt even show in any theater here. Was it sapposed to be a little hocky? am I missing somethin. People call it thier Fav Western? Really over, Open Range, OUtlaw Josey Wales,True Grit. IMHO

Dont Hate on me IM not bullet prooof

Now days the actors want as much money as this one grossed, and they want thet much each! For a set of books that would require several episodes, well they better git to hoppin cuz Harris aint gittin any younger! His teeth git much longer and they wil be calling him Mule.

The real issue is that Viggo Mortenson's career has finally taken off. When he was in movies like "G.I. Jane" and "Crimson Tide" no one knew his name.

Because Lord of the Rings made him famous he can now seek more money, and someone above was right when they said he probably expects a per-movie fee of about what this one grossed (actually, I think he'd draw more like half that figure).

But it isn't an established franchise, and who said he has to play Everett. Everett is the most important character, but he can be played by any competent and laconic actor with enough screen presence. Russell Crowe could pull it off (same salary issues as Mortenson, but he's aging and that could help). Needs to be a guy who can do action, but isn't too young.

Archived