SASS Wire Forum

The "Time Machine" has got to go!

That Masked Man

Question:

We're not allowed to have anything "modern" in our Avatar photos, so will someone please explain WHY IN THE HELL we're looking at a friggin Delorean in the banner across the top of this page?

I appreciate SASS' byline and all, but I thought we were going for an OLD WEST theme here?!! Put the graphic on the SASS homepage if you must, but please get it off the forum!

I say let's 86 that automobile graphic and either replace it with nothing, or something more appropriate to the Old West!

What say ye?

To be honest, the DeLorean, doesn't bug me nearly as much as the modern 3x3 table featured in the old SASS "Time Machine" banners. There's a picture of a Cowboy in trail duds, blowing copious amounts of smoke from his splattergun, with the damn 1980s industrial pedestal table right in the damn foreground.

May I suggest a tarted up stagecoach as our time machine?

May I suggest a tarted up stagecoach as our time machine?

I like it. Didn't Jules Verne write a story about a Time Machine? I wonder what that one looked like. I'd much rather see a "steampunk" version than what's up there now...better it says 'Jules Verne' than 'Michael J Fox' ... No offense to Mr Fox intended.

Wife came out to see what I was up to the other day and asked "why is there a car on the banner for your cowboy forum?"

I explained the whole time machine thing, she just rolled her eyes.

I understand the whole time machine back to the future reference, but it's a bit obscure, I think there should be a stage coach in it's place, forget the whole time machine thing, that's the least important part of the whole tagline.

JMO YMMV

Next thing I know, you guys will be complaining about me wearing white cotton socks under my boots. :unsure:

If you read the ad for SASS it is the nearest thing to the old west outside of a time machine.

Personally, I would have selected a horse, but that is just me I guess.

I like it. Didn't Jules Verne write a story about a Time Machine? I wonder what that one looked like.

Actually, it was H.G. Wells.

And here's the time machine from the movie they made of his book: http://www.toplessro...e%20Machine.jpg

We're not allowed to have anything "modern" in our Avatar photos,

We're not supposed to....but check some of them out. ;)

I sure will be happy when winter is over

BH

LOL, well met, BH! My compliments, the iPhone interface is awesome since the forum upgrade!

Cheers & best regards,

TMM

Question:

We're not allowed to have anything "modern" in our Avatar photos, so will someone please explain WHY IN THE HELL we're looking at a friggin Delorean in the banner across the top of this page?...

Delorean?

I just figured that "Deloran" was a deffective hag to go alone with what those cylinderess pistols (1911?) Yankee Cartbaggers been selling some of you Cowpokes....

Actually, it was H.G. Wells.

And here's the time machine from the movie they made of his book: http://www.toplessro...e%20Machine.jpg

Thanks for setting me straight on the author, LL - and thanks to you and Big Jake both for digging up a "authentic" 19th Century time machine, that is pretty cool. The pic that Jake found is extra nice - I'd cast my vote for that as SASS' time machine, were it up for election ;)

Of course, before someone beats me to it I'll acknowledge that few folks today would recognize and associate it with a "time machine". A darn shame since (according to Wikipedia, for what that's worth) Wells invented the term "time machine", and his novella was first published in - wait for it - 1895 B)

I sure will be happy when winter is over

BH

So - I'm reading on the internet, via my computer, that someone

is incensed about a car that was used as a time machine being

shown on a cowboy site!

I find irony to be so ironic . . . . . .

Shadow Catcher

So - I'm reading on the internet, via my computer, that someone

is incensed about a car that was used as a time machine being

shown on a cowboy site!

I find irony to be so ironic . . . . . .

Shadow Catcher

Now you owe me a keyboard Shadowcatcher! BTW, bourbon and coke tastes a lot better going down your throat than coming out your nose. And that was Makers Mark darn it.

Lemme see....Does this bother me??

I reckon not. :lol:

Now you owe me a keyboard Shadowcatcher! BTW, bourbon and coke tastes a lot better going down your throat than coming out your nose. And that was Makers Mark darn it.

Been there - done that - and NO, coke tastes as bad going either direction! :D

I like MM with a touch of water - just enough to open it up - but I'll drink it any way

you want to pour for me (as long as you leave the fizzy water out!)

Ride safe,

Shadow Catcher

Next thing I know, you guys will be complaining about me wearing white cotton socks under my boots. :unsure:

If you read the ad for SASS it is the nearest thing to the old west outside of a time machine.

Personally, I would have selected a horse, but that is just me I guess.

For what its worth.. BMC's go change your socks.. lol

For what its worth.. BMC's go change your socks.. lol

You tell'em, Deja!!!!!

Tighty Whities ain't period correct neither!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived