SASS Wire Forum

WTB Flintlock or Percussion pistols

I have some friends looking for single shot flintlock or percussion pistols for Renaissance and Pirate Festivals.

Both want models that will shoot blank charges, but kits or kit-built examples are fine. These guys are cheapskates.

Contact me directly at rmroz@att.net Send pictures if you have them.

DD

Pirates would have had flintlocks . . . Dixie has 'em . . but not cheap.

I have looked at a number already. These friends are cheaper cheapskates than even I am.

I carry a pair of percussions 45 Kentuckies in my pirate getup since we we do a "shoot" at the beginning and end of the festivals. To most paticipants they look good enough and, of course, percussion works more consistently, flintlocks....well you know!

Still lookin....Good to talk to you Wolfgang. Hows that SxS?

Doc

These guys had one when I was in last week, don't remember who the maker was. Didn't look at it, but IIRC the price was $175. They also had a real bargain on the rack. A Pedersoli SxS percussion shotgun on consignment for $325. Theses are on sale now at Cabelas for $899, it doesn't look to have been fired much if at all. These guys are the highest caliber folks you could ever deal with.

http://www.loanstarpawn.com/page1.asp

These guys had one when I was in last week, don't remember who the maker was. Didn't look at it, but IIRC the price was $175. They also had a real bargain on the rack. A Pedersoli SxS percussion shotgun on consignment for $325. Theses are on sale now at Cabelas for $899, it doesn't look to have been fired much if at all. These guys are the highest caliber folks you could ever deal with.

http://www.loanstarpawn.com/page1.asp

Thanks I'll take a look...BTW great "caliber" pun!!!!

Doc

DD. I have an older Dixie gun Works (Zoli made) 1855 Springfield pistol carbine for sale for $375 plus shipping if interested. It is the one which has a removable butt stock and looks like a big old horse pistol. It is in pretty good shape and has a lot of brass and shine to it. It is .58 caliber so will throw an impressive smoke screen.If interested let me know and I can provide a link to photobucket where there are pictures.

Wakatomika Creek.

p.s. It is percussion and uses musket caps.

Go to Gunbroker.

Look under Collectible Firearms.

Go to the Powder Category.

There are alot of Flintlocks there or at least more.

Shameless

A company called Militaryheritage (.com) has the best replicas of pistols and muskets from that era (1750-1810) and at good prices too.

The English sea service flintlock, both long and short barrel are the best, and on sale for $299!

Hard to find any flintlock of quality even near that price!

Look up 'sea service pistol" on you tube to see one fired.

Only one small detail...in order to ship them anywhere, the frizzen pan firing hole is not drilled, which would be childs play for anyone

to drill. Directions are included.

Check out their website....

Archived