SASS Wire Forum

question about cabelas pistols

Johnny Swan, SASS #50322

With another member of the family coming of age to shoot I have problem to resolve. When I started shooting cowboy about ten years ago I bought a pair of Cabelas Uberti milleniums(marked cabelas on barrel). I didnt know any better when I bought them and I would never have believed that I would have taken to the sport like i have. That said, I want to know if anyone out there works on these. I know that they were not expensive and not ubertis top of the line by any means but I got about 5 years of heavy use out of them before I upgraded. I realy want to keep them, I know I will get responses to get rid of them and buy better but my son realy likes them and I would like to make them work more consistantly.

Swan

The only difference between these and regular Uberti's is in the exterior finish. If they are running good, continue to use them. If you want to slick them up you might consider a Wolff spring kit, very easy to install. You could send them to a smith and have them worked. Longhuntrer, Cody Conhager, Colt McCalister, Cowboys and Indians are some that come to mind. If Manatee is still doing this he would be a good choice as well.

Plus one to Goody. Unless there is something seriously wrong with them, keep 'em running. Even if they need a little work, it's still more cost effective than a pair of new guns. If you want to put spring in them, I like Brownells for "Lee's Gunsmithing" springs. Ah .... I like the main spring. I go to VTI Gunparts for Pietta Trigger Bolt springs.

Coffinmaker

Johnny, I also have a pair of the melleniums. I have been shooting them for almos 5 years and have put alot of bollits thru them. The only issue that I have had with them is the bolt springs, they tend to break. I have put wire springs in them and this seems to have helped. If you are comming to Winter Range look me up and I will show you some of what has been done to them. Not much and they work great. As a side note my brother has a pair and he has had very good luck with them. They are not a bad gun at all.

Archived