SASS Wire Forum

The Smoky Mountain Shootout

Fast Harley,SASS#34953

Sorry you won't make it,Dingo and Sixgun.

Had what should be the final workday,today,except for week of...........

Two and a half weeks and running.

Harley.

Well,there she was,signed in on me,again.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we will try to get the updated list posted in the next few days. Keep the apps coming, the match is really shapping up to be a thriller.

The shooters list has been updated, still do not see RRR or Three Cut but I am sure the check is in the mail. :rolleyes:

A little over two weeks, we are still taking apps, get them in ASAP. Posse request are filling up fast.

Shooters list 3/20/11

The shooters list has been updated, still do not see RRR or Three Cut but I am sure the check is in the mail. :rolleyes:

A little over two weeks, we are still taking apps, get them in ASAP. Posse request are filling up fast.

Shooters list 3/20/11

Check went in tha mail frydie. We's a commin! Looks lik days sevel hosses a wantin ta race :wub:

RRR

Check went in tha mail frydie. We's a commin! Looks lik days sevel hosses a wantin ta race :wub:

RRR

Well, sittin on top of my mule, it looks like some 'Thoroughbreds' are wanting to race.

Glad to see your coming RRR. Hope your gout clears up and finds you healthy in a couple weeks.

..........Widder

RRR, looking forward to seeing you again, drop by the Outlaw stage and give it a try and no we will not let you change your class just becacuse you kicked my butt on my own dang stage. Maybe I will even get to take a run at speed pistol GF, see if you have slowed down that .10 second I could not take off at NC State last year :rolleyes:

Its my understanding that one of the stages in the ShootOut is being sponsored by:

JEDI GUNFIGHTERS

Sooooo, for all you JEDI GFer's, please be sure to wear your Jedi pins.

PLUS, if you haven't gotten a Jedi Badge, made by Lady Tombstone, be sure to look her up at the Emphorium.

..........Widder

I even see where 3 Gum Cole isa commin up air. Must be them fellers whut live roun dat big pon up norff is a tryn ta gang up. Hmmmmmm

RRR

Sorrie thar I go a name callin agin. :ph34r:

Rite now they 10 frum MI an only 9 frum NC. Dad blame it,

We's out numbered agin.

Hey Way (RRR),

I heert that all them fellers north of the Mason-Dixon is only comin just to aggreevate you and try to get your Gout all worked up and such. :lol::lol::lol:

Don't forget, I got ye a hotdog and Pepsi waitin!

..........Widder

Ray, I heard from some NC folks this very day who will be joining us for the Shoot-Out, so looks like the numbers may even out.

Hot dog we may b able tha see blue sky yet!

RRR (who loves hotdogs)

Hot dog we may b able tha see blue sky yet!

RRR (who loves hotdogs)

Well then, I'll be sure to bring enough $$$ so you can eat your heart out. And don't forget the COLD 'soda water' either.

..........Widder

We do not have the new list up yet but Red River Ray is in along with Three Cut, Ardell and Goose Jennings apps were in the same mail collection. List is growing daily. Still taking apps. Looking better every day.I guess we had better find a hotdog vendor for the range

Did we mention we have long-range side matches at 300 and 600 yards? Come and try your luck at the big buffalo at 600 yards-betcha have to walk 'em in on that one!

All the usual speed side matches, including gunfighter and Outlaw in the speed pistol category-seems a lot of speed pistol side matches are shot with only 5 rounds, ignoring all us Gunfighters and Outlaws! B)

You can shoot your '87, '97, hammered double, or hammerless double in the speed shotgun matches.

And, keep an eye out for a partner for the couples match.

Ya'll come. We're gonna have a real good time.

Or maybe working on that dry fireing I keep hearing about

The biggest problem with dry firing is lack of 'dings'.

Then when you get to a match, there still seems to be a lack of 'dings'.

Don't ask me how I know this stuff.

..........Widder (Poster Boy for dry firing)

Tha lil one taint "dryfirin" eh Duece?

Cheyenne, wu bin thar dun thit, Culpepper

dry fireing? I'm changing the boys 2nd nasty diaper today. He's crawling all over the place, he's flat wearing me out.

Ah yea, those fond memories of a little one crawling around the house. Gotta love those little children.

TWO weeks and counting. yeehaw!

..........Widder

Our webmaster has the newest shooters list posted and it is really shapping up to be a "shoot out" :rolleyes:

The Vaqueros are listed, that would be young Jake who pulled a first place stage at Winter Range along with Perfecto :wub: and Shaddai, the big man sure moves smooth. Cant wait to see the young'un again and shake his hand.

Another one of those pesky Outlaws has signed up.

I hear Mose and Bella will be there too.

Still have room and still taking apps. Get'em in and get'er done

SMSO Shooters list 3/26

It'll be great to see the Vaquero posse.

All of them are top notch shooters.

I've been on a posse with Vaq Jake a few times at Possum Trot and he is good to watch and even learn from.

Tis gona be a barn burner!

..........Widder

I just finished proofing the SMSO shooters book. All I can say is Lady Tombstone is very talanted with what she does and has put together an outstanding book and Fast Harley has written a fine story line. I didnt really look at the shooting order :rolleyes: but I did see a few names I recognized. Great Job baby, (she is also doing the shooters book for the Georgia State Match.)

Pretty Boy Culpepper is a new one but a loved one just the same

People that have shot with us in the past will know some of the characters and will meet new ones. Heck we may be able to sell extra copies so people can see how the pro's do it. Not me of course, I have trouble spelling my own danged name. :lol:

Well Yeehaa Gunfighters,

A good field of gunfighters is being assembled for the Shoot-Out. Many are Jedi Gunfighters as well. Now, ware's dat Buck D. Law et? Did not see him on the list. Buck, tis ya commin to da Shoot-Out? Also, herd dat KK might make da show. Ware's KK?

Hasta Luego,

Keystone

well why in the world are the rest of us showing up, I'm staying home.

Deuce,

thats why all them other folks is showing up.....to see you, Doc, Uncle Johnny and for sure, one of my favorites.....Lightning Wayne.

Besides, I got ya a little present..... :D:D:D

..........Widder

Hey Widder, thats exactly why I'm comin...I got to shoot with ya'll on that posse year before last and it was a hoot! Besides, the only long term effect of my shooting on anyone is the humor factor, you just can't stop laughing. This year bringing the little boy, it's his birthday weekend, AND his "honey" is gonna be there! see ya'll soon!!!!

I'm a tryin ta thank of a gooden but I'm drawin a blank right now. :ph34r:B)

RRR

Well Ray if you really want to be left all alone with Three Gun I guess we can stay home. Cacelling the hotel reservations as we speak.

Deucie you gist come on an do as your uncle sezs. I'll show ye what ta do when I git thar. :P

Remember young man you won't be in Kansas any more. I'll see ye saved frum da munchkins.

RRR

Hey Deuce,

just come on down and make yeself at home.

BESIDES, I've got plans to keep Wed Wiver Way at the hotdog stand all day. He'll be toooo busy eatin hotdogs and drankin a cold sodapop that he won't have enough time to shoot. :lol:

..........Widder (still workin on that speech impediment)

Hey Deuce,

just come on down and make yeself at home.

BESIDES, I've got plans to keep Wed Wiver Way at the hotdog stand all day. He'll be toooo busy eatin hotdogs and drankin a cold sodapop that he won't have enough time to shoot. :lol:

..........Widder (still workin on that speech impediment)

LOL, you may know me better than I think.

RRR

That sure dont look like sodapop in his avitar unless Copperhead Joe was buying that round :lol:

Archived