SASS Wire Forum

The Smoky Mountain Shootout

Fast Harley,SASS#34953

With all the foolishness going on about Gunfighters I want to repeat that our club has been called Gunfighter Paradise by many one and two hand shooters. I dont really understand what they are talking about but it may be because Fast Harley writes our stages and is a GF, his lovey wife is Last Kiss also a GF, I myself am an Outlaw GF, with good friends like Buck D Law also a GF. Pleasent, Ziggy, Clancy,...dang there are a lot of us. Maybe they have something there after all. :rolleyes:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all you long range shooters we will be shooting 300 yard and 600 yard buffalo. We have a 1/2 size buffalo for the 600 yard shots.

We will also have an Outlaw Stage on side match day for those of you who want to try it but not for the whole match.

4 weeks and counting

Did I mention we use Time score :rolleyes:

If some Pards are delaying their decisions to travel based on Gas prices, let me share some encouraging info that might help sway you to make this trip.

Once your in Oak Ridge, no matter where you stay, you will still be within approx 5 miles, or less, to the range. Plus, the vendors will be pretty much a stones throw from all the hotels.

PLUS, the banquet site is also only a stones throw from area hotels.

Sooooooo, basically, once you arrive at the match, you will probably not have to drive more than 25-30 miles 'total' during your full stay at the ShootOut. And this would even include across the street trips to good eating resturants.

This is a dern good match. Nothing stupid or quirkie thrown in to mess anyone up. Targets are BIG and some are BIGGER.

If your lookin for Southern Hospitality at its best, then look no further cause this Smoky Mtn ShootOut should put a smile on everyone's face.

I got my Appl in.

..........Widder

wish I cud! ;+}(

cheyenne

I dont know Culpepper, you pretty fellows have to shoot against the Purple clad Copperhead Joe.

Of course Lady T will miss you.

We will see you down the trail at quite a few matches this year it looks like. Maybe you can make it next year.

Our shooters list is a few weeks behind.Sorry for the confusion. We should have it updated as soon as the next batch of registerations are recorded.

Well Pards,

Enough folks are volunteering to help with the match and it looks like I'm gonna get to shoot. But before I send in my application, anyone shooting Sr. Gunfighter or FC Gunfighter. If so, can I shot Sr.FC Gunfighter? :wacko::D

Hasta Luego,

Keystone

I see Wendy on the list. Do you have someone handy to nail the boards back onto the buildings that he shoots from? :D When I encounter shooters who brag about their loads, I think of this quiet man who lets his guns do the talkin' for him. I gave him a gamer card at the Tennessee State match and told him "There are gamers of all sorts. After running the timer for you, I'd say your "game" is making the most noise." I'm looking forward to seeing him as well as many others on the list.

Cheyenne, sure was hopin you and KK would head down this way this year. Hope to cross trails with you sometime this summer.

BUCK: I know'd you couldn't stay away from a great match. Harley works hard at gettin stages fun and funner. You should have a blast.

Barkeep: I don't think we've met but sure hope we can during this 3 days of funnin and gunnin.

Deuce: I should be ready for ya by the time side matches get here. I got my Marlin all slicked up with 4-leaf clover oil. It ain't only slick but lucky also. :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Widder, are you going to give Deuce his Marlin before of after the side matches? :rolleyes:

I think Culpepper would have to come up to our shoot this time of the year. For some reason I think he winters down south with the rest of the retired fellows

yea, KK and I are in FL, KK heds north the end of march, me not till may, in time for Hooten..

Iffn it wernt so far north....

cheyenne

Widder, are you going to give Deuce his Marlin before of after the side matches? :rolleyes:

I think Culpepper would have to come up to our shoot this time of the year. For some reason I think he winters down south with the rest of the retired fellows

Tombstone: Deuce can have his Marlin shorty after I find my new jar of crunchy p'nut butter..... :ph34r::o

..........Widder

Culpepper, are you not going to the Mid West? Now how are you going to take home that triple crown?

Well, u see it is like this, iffn yu win tu many other folks wunt sho up.....ok, now straten up and stop awl thit laffin.....it cud happen.....it did in a dream wunce...... :lol:

Cheyenne

Imma comin for my second time around. Worth the trip just to watch Deuce shoot. Since da Wireman can't make the trip going bring my "little" boy, Marshal Vail with me to shoot his first SMSO. Lookin like a birthday celebration for him. Hope to blow some cobwebs outta a couple of old rifles while we're there......Ye Haw!!!

Carolinas Longarm, we look forward to seeing you again. Marshal Vail will not be the only Birthday that weekend. A fellow who used to be my little buddy but now I consider my young friend also has a bithday that week-end.

Dont know if the Dustbunnys will be there to sing happy birthday but last time I heard them sing it to VJ, I wanted to change my birthday. :)

Tombstone: Deuce can have his Marlin shorty after I find my new jar of crunchy p'nut butter..... :ph34r::o

..........Widder

Now, is that any way to treat a friend? Don't you wish you had friends like Lawman Mark who gave me a whole bottle of Gamer Gun Oil? As you can see, he went green and used a recycled bottle. With friends like him...:blink:

Hey Buck,

you didn't think I was gona grease it down with some of my special Florescent Orange gun grease that I got from Madd Mike, did you.

I save that stuff for special occasions.

Anyhow, as far as the crunchy PNut butter goes, atleast its 'name brand'.

..........Widder

Actually Deuce, I've heard that if I were to drop some WHOLE peanuts down inside your action, you could turn em into smoooooth peanut butter in 10 rounds or 1.73 seconds, whichever comes first. ^_^

..........Widder

Whiskey Creek and I will be there. Can't hardly wait to start shooting again. Its been a cruel winter. Reckon Copperhead and Miss Bo will be there also. Folks, this is really a great match with some of the best folks. So what are ya waiting for? I.M.

Cheyenne, sure was hopin you and KK would head down this way this year. Hope to cross trails with you sometime this summer.

BUCK: I know'd you couldn't stay away from a great match. Harley works hard at gettin stages fun and funner. You should have a blast.

Barkeep: I don't think we've met but sure hope we can during this 3 days of funnin and gunnin.

Deuce: I should be ready for ya by the time side matches get here. I got my Marlin all slicked up with 4-leaf clover oil. It ain't only slick but lucky also. :lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

Widder and gang,

Can't wait to meet you! I feel like I already know you already from Buck's tall tales :D

Widder and gang,

Can't wait to meet you! I feel like I already know you already from Buck's tall tales :D

Well, a friend of Bucks is a friend of .....? oh, never mind. :lol:

Anyhow, have a safe trip up.

..........Widder

Whiskey Creek and I will be there. Can't hardly wait to start shooting again. Its been a cruel winter. Reckon Copperhead and Miss Bo will be there also. Folks, this is really a great match with some of the best folks. So what are ya waiting for? I.M.

I.M., it's TOUGH getting old! I feel your pain! Been a rough winter! Can't wait to see you and Moonshine Man! :D

Archived