SASS Wire Forum

just my luck

hud

My 1st day off in 16 days, and its rainin like a cow pi$$in on a flat rock. Just my luck, no shootin, no Baseball, and the Lakers stink. Yea, Im bored

hud

I have often wondered why Chriatmas and New Years were so close together. No real holidays during the worst of the winter. This year there have been a lot of snow days.

Anyway, you think you are down. Our youngest daughter moved out on Friday to start a new job 200 miles away. She is taking our 2 1/2 year old grandson with her. For the first time we are empty nesters. My wife is a bear. She has been cleaning up the empty rooms remembering. I am pretty sad as well. Not much on television and no shooting going on. I just heard there is an ice storm coming. Yep, great weekend.

Give the wife a hug and a kiss, then walk away

You will spend the rest of the day answering her questions on why you did that

Jack, we had a nice 5th Saturday shoot here, temp was around 60. Forecast high for Tuesday is -5 with snow Monday and Tuesday. Guess I'll stay home and reload, reminds me I started some cases in the tumbler this after, I reckon I should go shut it off.

Yep, this weekend was perfect weather, but being the 5th weekend there were no shoots :angry::angry::angry::unsure:

Ye are jest too far south. We have a combined CAS/WB match every 5th Saturday. Temps were in the mid 70s with no wind which is unusual any time of the year. 14 shooters. I came in 3rd in WB which tells you there were only 3 WB shooters.

Okay here's what ya do. Set a couple of targets out in the rain about 20-30 yards from your back door. Prop the back door open and shoot from your kitchen. Problem solved. I'm only kidding. It'll pass though man and you'll be shootin in no time.

Enjoy what ya can out of it....have a pizza :)...Badda Bing!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

SHOCKINGLY, when you own a pizza joint, it dont have the same appeal as it once did. Still rainin today, but back to work for me. Oh, this is So Cal, could you IMAGINE if I shot out my kitchen? I'd be on EVERY news channel, with Black Helicopters flyin over the house

hud

SHOCKINGLY, when you own a pizza joint, it dont have the same appeal as it once did. Still rainin today, but back to work for me. Oh, this is So Cal, could you IMAGINE if I shot out my kitchen? I'd be on EVERY news channel, with Black Helicopters flyin over the house

hud

Okay Captain Sarcastic ~ have some Wonton soup then ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

I was getting ready yesterday to head over for our 5th Sunday match when I looked outside to see the rain it was a fallin. I started to put my gear away when I remembered I had promised a pard some money for some leather gear so as i was heaning out my wife said take your guns, you never know. And she was right (dont tell her I said that) caue when I got to the range it had stopped raining and we had 30 shooters there ready to go. Sorry to all who were rained out but it was great here in SLO.

hud

hmm, i've done it several times and never had a problem. :D

Howdy Pards,

I have a confession to make. Since, hubby quit shooting (health reasons), I have a hard time getting myself to the range. So, if any of you would consider shooting up here, let me know and I will be there!

:wub:

...back to the original rant!

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS Don't tell Hubby I posted this.

PPS Sorry Hud, I had wine with lunch. Hiccup! :blink::rolleyes:

Ru roh, Raggy!

And on a serious note: How does a cow manage to find the only flat rock in the pasture? They always do. Most of us have seen it happen and thus hud manages to fill our heads with images...that we'd rather just not think about. Oh, did I say serious note? Not! :D

I have often wondered why Chriatmas and New Years were so close together. No real holidays during the worst of the winter. This year there have been a lot of snow days.

Anyway, you think you are down. Our youngest daughter moved out on Friday to start a new job 200 miles away. She is taking our 2 1/2 year old grandson with her. For the first time we are empty nesters. My wife is a bear. She has been cleaning up the empty rooms remembering. I am pretty sad as well. Not much on television and no shooting going on. I just heard there is an ice storm coming. Yep, great weekend.

Whem my last kid moved out we had an empty nest party that lasted a week. Sad? Not hardly.

hud

I ran a steak house one time. After about a month we were slipping out for chicken, pizza, burgers, Chinese, whatever. I'd never have thought I'd get tired of steak, but I sure did. Come to the next GLB. We'll be at China Gate in Upland.

My 1st day off in 16 days, and its rainin like a cow pi$$in on a flat rock. Just my luck, no shootin, no Baseball, and the Lakers stink. Yea, Im bored

hud

Should of shot Thunder Valley. The dry lake bed was full of water.Great shoot, had a great time, Dammit!

My 1st day off in 16 days, and its rainin like a cow pi$in on a flat rock. Just my luck, no shootin, no Baseball, and the Lakers stink. Yea, Im bored

hud

Like Prof. Fuller Bullspit and Curlee Scott said, you should come out to RRBar and shot Thunder Valley. We had sunshine all day, and didn't see a drop of rain until we got back over Cajon Pass at 5:30pm.

Like Prof. Fuller Bullspit and Curlee Scott said, you should come out to RRBar and shot Thunder Valley. We had sunshine all day, and didn't see a drop of rain until we got back over Cajon Pass at 5:30pm.

Oh sure, NOW ya tell me. And BH, the puppies are all gone to their new homes (thank heavens for that)11 Saint Bernards are more then a handfull.

hud

Archived