SASS Wire Forum

For Dad

EE Taft

Before this thread rides off into the sunset, I want to thank you all for your insight and sharing your experiences with your Fathers.

If any of you ever wonder if you live up to your Father's abilities as a dad, I'd be willing to bet you do.

Who'd 'a thought such a simple post would open such a door......

Thanks y'all,

~EE Taft~

I had learned to play native american flute and pop like to hear me play,the hard part was playing at his service,i thought i was gonna exsplode on the way over,when it came time something came over me and i calmed right down and played a song i wrote titled Morning Doves.Dad lived two doors down for awhile and we had these morning doves fly back and forth and sit on our chimneys,when they cooed you could hear them in the house through the fireplace like a big speakers,pop would call me and asked if i had heard them,yep they are over here right now...

When i played i made the sounds of doves cooing on the flute,my brother lost it,and i made a native american vet cry,i never noticed a thing till i was done playing i was so focused,after that i was just "whew" :mellow: .

That had to be so hard for ha Gunclicks.. I never view death.. that was the hardest part of hunting for me was to pray for the meat and skin it and look on death.. Seeing no soul in the eyes was .. uh.. okay I can't go down that rode right now. sorry..

Deja, I never cried........Until my kids were born. They always amaze me.

As to the subject........ I'm the same way at the thought of doing what I've got to do. now and then I sing the song and choke up just praticing it. I don't think it's the song, but more the reason I'm singin' it.

And boy, I CHOKE!! I can sing it a hundred times, then one time I do it, I choke up and that's it, I have to put the guitar down and walk away.

I guess conventional wisdom and experience MAY prevail. I sure hope so!!

That......and I'd sure hate to mess it up just 'cause I forgot the words..........Hey, I got 10,000 songs rollin' 'round in this old noggin and 20 years of forgettin' the words!! :lol: I guess I could do it like ol' Waylon would......Fake it! :lol:

I'm sure I won't forget the words, but I might not get them all to pass my lips. -_-

Thank you all for making this such an open topic. It helps more than you know!

~EE Taft~

There is a song out right now about "cowgirls don't cry" and Daddy kinda taught me to be pretty tough... and I wanted to be so much like him in so many ways.. not exactly a success story for me.. lol.. But I did learn to hide my emotions over certain things pretty well.. When my father is hurt he works, I find I do too.. I don't cry I try to find a way out of it.. But he also taught me honesty, and being loyal and faithful. things you don't find now days much..

I lost a child, and I did cry a bit that day, but not a sobbing cry, I stopped doing those ... Weakness has caused me a lot of hurt, so Dad was right.. I play it straight and I hate games..Either you know what you are and what you want or you are a mess and I will call ya friend but I am a bit afraid of getting very close to ya cuz you will hurt me for sure.. My father says I like "fixer up men" lol.. that was from a song really, but you don't want to know how he phrases it.. lol.. and I need to leave them alone, they are weak.. lol.. So, look up a few songs and sing them to better understand life and people.. EE;'s I wish you thre very best ya gotta know what for you and your young family.. life is well worht any price you have to pay.. Living is has been so much fun, even in the bad times.. cuz we get to meet the coolest people.. we get to try the best stuff.. and we get to have passion and compassion for each other.. Click bang .. the cowboy way..

Archived