SASS Wire Forum

Married guys What would you do?

Buckhorn Woodie

OK here here is the scenario:

A friend of mine is a world class custom bike builder and when he starts a new build he buys a bike tears it down and I sale the parts he is not going to use on e-bay for 25% of the sales...This is were I get my play money....I am putting together my guns for WB ... a week ago I order a 1911 from my gun guy and I go in last Friday to see the gun I ordered and do the paper work as I am there I have him check the price & availability of a IAC 97 & Rossi 92 in 45LC ...well hes says he can get me the 97 for a tad over 400 OTD that's with tax, shipping & Ca BS fees and his suppler does not have a 92 in 45LC in stock but does have the 44mag and that would run 475 OTD...

so here where things start to get sticky I am 85$ short of my parts money for the 97 I would have to get in to the wife's money (after being married for 35 years any money we have that is not in my pocket is her money :) ) So I tell him to order the 97 I figured I would sweet talk the wife out of the 85 bucks before the 97 came in....The next day we go to town to do a little shopping and meet my daughter, son-in-law & grand baby for dinner and we have about 30 minutes to kill before we meet the kids and we have a brand new Big 5 in town so we stop in to see what they have..The wife goes right over to the shoes and I go to the guns and there on the rack is a Puma 92 in 44mag that 3 or for guys are looking at on a 0ne only 3 day sale sale for $289.99.

Now here is the what would do question...Knowing you have not told the wife about the 97 yet...

1. Would you take out your ATM card buy the 92 and beg for forgiveness later.

2. Run over and ask the wife for permission hoping the wife says yes and one of the other guys don't buy the gun first.

3. Hold out for a 45LC.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat and criticism be damned...

But then, I don't have a problem sleeping on the couch......lol

Well, when ya are in a hole.....

I'd go er da 45LC. ya are only short $85.00, rat ?

Well, when ya are in a hole.....

I'd go er da 45LC. ya are only short $85.00, rat ?

No I was $85.00 short for the 97 that I bought and did not tell the wife about....ZERO $$$ put a way for a 92

No I was $85.00 short for the 97 that I bought and did not tell the wife about....ZERO $$$ put a way for a 92

Borrow it from her and pay it back.

Or, just tell her there is a great deal and get it. And the other one too.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat and criticism be damned...

But then, I don't have a problem sleeping on the couch......lol

I all ready fingered on sleeping on the couch for a day or two when I tell her about the 97 I have on order :rolleyes: ...and our couch don't sleep to bad...I am kind of used to it :wub:

Pard; You don't really want to do what we would tell you. You should know from past experience what will work.

That's my two scents.

KK

I think the saying is "It's easier to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission" and that only works sometimes and in certain instances!!!

The only way I get away with my gun purchases is I generally buy cheap and convince her that I can always sell it for more than I paid for it and intrest at the bank is nearly non existent... It works for me!!

Doc

It's easier to ask for forgivness than beg for permission.Then dig out the pillows and blankets for the couch. :)

I have been married for 47 ,going on 48 years. I have never ask her if I can buy anything and she know that if she want something she can buy it.

A friend of mine is a world class custom bike builder and when he starts a new build he buys a bike tears it down and I sale the parts he is not going to use on e-bay for 25% of the sales...This is were I get my play money....I am putting together my guns for WB ... a week ago I order a 1911 from my gun guy and I go in last Friday to see the gun I ordered and do the paper work as I am there I have him check the price & availability of a IAC 97 & Rossi 92 in 45LC ...well hes says he can get me the 97 for a tad over 400 OTD that's with tax, shipping & Ca BS fees and his suppler does not have a 92 in 45LC in stock but does have the 44mag and that would run 475 OTD...

so here where things start to get sticky I am 85$ short of my parts money for the 97 I would have to get in to the wife's money (after being married for 35 years any money we have that is not in my pocket is her money :) ) So I tell him to order the 97 I figured I would sweet talk the wife out of the 85 bucks before the 97 came in....The next day we go to town to do a little shopping and meet my daughter, son-in-law & grand baby for dinner and we have about 30 minutes to kill before we meet the kids and we have a brand new Big 5 in town so we stop in to see what they have..The wife goes right over to the shoes and I go to the guns and there on the rack is a Puma 92 in 44mag that 3 or for guys are looking at on a 0ne only 3 day sale sale for $289.99.

Now here is the what would do question...Knowing you have not told the wife about the 97 yet...

2. Run over and ask the wife for permission hoping the wife says yes and one of the other guys don't buy the gun first.

3. Hold out for a 45LC.

I would buy the Puma 92 now, the 45 LC later and still say I need $85 for the 97 and then I would sleep on the couch. O wait a minute I already do. LOL But if that is what you want and you have the money to spend on a new gun buy what makes you happy because we cant take it with us.

Apply the Golden Rule.

I have bought a lot of guns without the Wife's blessing (got 2 on the way now, LOL) but I have *never* used "her" money to do it! Of course, if you don't mind her spending "your" money on her toys, then go for it.

Actually, that's just how *I* do it, but every marriage is different -- as a previous poster remarked, you oughtta know what works in yours by now...

Good luck, whatever you decide!

Hi-Yo and Awaaaaaay,

TMM

Been married close on to 46 years. I can do without a gun, but my wife is one of a kind. I'd tell her about it, risk losing the deal, and she'd let me know what she thinks about it. I've even had her buy me a '73 (24" x .44-40), a '95 (.30-40 U S Krag), and a Henry (.44-40) over the years.

I'll keep her. I can always get another gun.

I have been married for 47 ,going on 48 years. I have never ask her if I can buy anything and she know that if she want something she can buy it.

If I want something, I buy it. So does Wildcat. None of this permission stuff with us. :)

Apply the Golden Rule.

I have bought a lot of guns without the Wife's blessing (got 2 on the way now, LOL) but I have *never* used "her" money to do it! Of course, if you don't mind her spending "your" money on her toys, then go for it.

Actually, that's just how *I* do it, but every marriage is different -- as a previous poster remarked, you oughtta know what works in yours by now...

Good luck, whatever you decide!

Hi-Yo and Awaaaaaay,

TMM

I don't think you understand after 35 years Her money is her money and my money is..HER money Too :wub:

an up date....I sold some more parts this morning to cover the 85 bucks on the 97..So I am out of the wood there..

AS for the 92...the wife wonder over about the time I was going to reach for my ATM...She looked at me with that "look" wife's give and said " What kind of gun do you want now and how much is it....I told her and she said..."That's almost $200.00 less than what you can get it from Mike and the Rossi web site says they retail for over 500...YOU BETTER BUY IT NOW BEFORE SOMEONE ELES DOES!

The wife is a mean old Jewish gal from the Bronx's & LA .I met her when I was in the service... .I took her out of the cities and moved her to up in the hills were I am from She had no idea what a country boy does for fun back then...Well she loved me then and still does and puts up me and my country ways so I guess she is a keeper.

So I get to pick up 2 guns on the 8th and 1 on the 9th...WB here I come

She did tell me on the way out the store...No more gun stuff for a wile....I did not have the guts to tell her that I needed Dies, power, primers, and such... :wub:

Been married close on to 46 years. I can do without a gun, but my wife is one of a kind. I'd tell her about it, risk losing the deal, and she'd let me know what she thinks about it. I've even had her buy me a '73 (24" x .44-40), a '95 (.30-40 U S Krag), and a Henry (.44-40) over the years.

+1

Toys are toys - my wife is my partner. I wouldn't do anything that I can't share with my partner. Period.

Shadow Catcher

You funny! :)

3. Hold out for a 45LC.

Okay... keep in mind my marriage did not last, so you may not want to take my advice.. lol

If you both know your finances and the deal is a smoking deal I would buy the gun without ask if I could not reach my husband before buying it. I never made a habit of buying stuff and not telling him, I have heard of that wort of closest shoppping stuff, lol.. YHou don't have to beg for forgivens if you have the money, and it was a great deal ... but keep in mind that I think guns are a grfeat investment, and I would like a gun safe full of them... lol... Wives may vary as they say on TV about results... I think discussing purchases makes sense, but sometimes you will miss a great deal if there isn't understanding there. I honestly never bought anything and asked later, never found that good of a deal ...

Okay... keep in mind my marriage did not last, so you may not want to take my advice.. lol

If you both know your finances and the deal is a smoking deal I would buy the gun without ask if I could not reach my husband before buying it. I never made a habit of buying stuff and not telling him, I have heard of that wort of closest shoppping stuff, lol.. YHou don't have to beg for forgivens if you have the money, and it was a great deal ... but keep in mind that I think guns are a grfeat investment, and I would like a gun safe full of them... lol... Wives may vary as they say on TV about results... I think discussing purchases makes sense, but sometimes you will miss a great deal if there isn't understanding there. I honestly never bought anything and asked later, never found that good of a deal ...

Well its kinda like this when we first got together...I would cash my pay check..pay the bills and give her a little spending money ..as time went by I would cash my check keep a few bucks give her the rest she would pay the bills and such...more time goes by ..I would give her my check she would cash it and give me a few bucks here and there....now days we have direct deposit and ATM cards ...she keeps the books and I have to give her all the recipes for every dime I spend...I guess you could just say I am just...pu--- errr...Henpecked :rolleyes:

I have three more on the way.She get what she wants and I get what I what. It take me longer to get what I want but I get it.

Well its kinda like this when we first got together...I would cash my pay check..pay the bills and give her a little spending money ..as time went by I would cash my check keep a few bucks give her the rest she would pay the bills and such...more time goes by ..I would give her my check she would cash it and give me a few bucks here and there....now days we have direct deposit and ATM cards ...she keeps the books and I have to give her all the recipes for every dime I spend...I guess you could just say I am just...pu--- errr...Henpecked :rolleyes:

Well,,.. i guess you are in love? lol

I have three more on the way.She get what she wants and I get what I what. It take me longer to get what I want but I get it.

I have never been lacking for my toys..Motorcycles, Guns & fish-n stuff and tine to use them...The truth be told the wife is not as mean as I let on...Just don't let her know I said that :blush:

I have never been lacking for my toys..Motorcycles, Guns & fish-n stuff and tine to use them...The truth be told the wife is not as mean as I let on...Just don't let her know I said that :blush:

Now how did I know that? lol....

Been married close on to 46 years. I can do without a gun, but my wife is one of a kind.

Well said. It all boils down to priorities. What's more important?...a new toy or your relationship with your spouse? No one can answer that but you.

3. Hold out for a 45LC.

My money I spend as I wish. Her money is not spent without consultation!

Archived