SASS Wire Forum

Hey Michigan Cowpokes!

Ketchum Quick, SASS #72923

With Deuce Stevens and Hoot Hamilton's help, we have the stages all set up for our Feburary Monthly at the Rockford Sportsmens Club. The town of Liberty has a lot more snow on it than it did for our January shoot that is for certain! We will have a fire going to help us keep our hands warm and keep the shovels handy if we should get more snow in town.

We are shooting bare bones again this month so pack your lunch or plan on gonig to one of the local watering holes to get some grub after the match.

Hope to see you there.

Ketchum Quick.

Sounds like a fun day.. Won't make it for Feb or Mar, kind of a long drive for a day from NC, but hope to show up for the april shoot, just to say "Howdy!!!!"

Greeen(Who's NOT missing the snow at all!!!!)river

Sounds like a fun day.. Won't make it for Feb or Mar, kind of a long drive for a day from NC, but hope to show up for the april shoot, just to say "Howdy!!!!"

Greeen(Who's NOT missing the snow at all!!!!)river

We will miss having you there Greeenriver. I don't blame you for not missing the snow either. I wish that Tessa Two Gunner and I could escape it also.

KQ

Been sunny and in high 60's today, with just enough lite wind to dry the mud, and a really good day.

Life is good, beer is good, lawn chair is cimfortable, might even nap a bit outhere in the yard.

Greeenriver

Been sunny and in high 60's today, with just enough lite wind to dry the mud, and a really good day.

Life is good, beer is good, lawn chair is cimfortable, might even nap a bit outhere in the yard.

Greeenriver

Uug. Cold and snowy just about every day here lately. Would be easy to not shoot on Saturday but I keep reminding myself that I used to snowmobile, ski and icc fish in the winter so I can bundle up and have some fun wiht my pards!

Glad you can enjoy the lawn chair Greeeriver. Have at it! :D

KQ

Will it be cold and snowy......yup it's Michigan in January. Are all the brave non fair weather shooters who show up gonna have fun............oh yeah. Come on out and beat cabin fever.

So this past weekend, it was 71 degrees and cloudless. Not a SNOWBALL in sight....

The Trinity Valley Regulators (Arlington Texas) had an extra shoot, complete with long-ranged side match.

Y'all are invited to spend yer winters down here.

Regards,

W.E.

So this past weekend, it was 71 degrees and cloudless. Not a SNOWBALL in sight....

The Trinity Valley Regulators (Arlington Texas) had an extra shoot, complete with long-ranged side match.

Y'all are invited to spend yer winters down here.

Regards,

W.E.

You got that post in just in time Willie. We are about to spend 3-4 days below freezing. A little precip and travel into DFW for the Super Bowl is going to be a riot.

I did shoot Green Mountain Regulators in Marble Falls on the 4th weekend of Jan, however, in short sleeves and was very comfortable.

Time for some snow bird shooting. Get those RV's cranked up.

Heee Haaa Ketchup.. I'll be there and I'm bringing lots of fire and Smoke.. :lol: I'll be shooting Pale-Rider,this week end..Just like last time :unsure:

Heee Haaa Gunner.. I'm shooting full cases,so shoot pale-rider with me.. :huh:

Heee Haaa Doots.. I'm waiting for a call :blink:

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

So.....If we get dumped on mid-week are you planning on digging out for Saturday or is it iffy. Drifter and I are planning on heading over from Detroit on Friday night and I need to make my hotel reservations.

So.....If we get dumped on mid-week are you planning on digging out for Saturday or is it iffy. Drifter and I are planning on heading over from Detroit on Friday night and I need to make my hotel reservations.

The snow should pretty well be done by Thurs. night. Myself and whoever else I can get to help me will be digging the stages back out on Fri. during the day. The steel is set and painted and stages are written so all we need is some shooters.

The snow should pretty well be done by Thurs. night. Myself and whoever else I can get to help me will be digging the stages back out on Fri. during the day. The steel is set and painted and stages are written so all we need is some shooters.

By God thats wantin ta shoot! U fellers are a sight.

RRR

Well Allright Pilgrim, we will see you there. Got my new 1866 this weekend, can't wait to fire it up.

Well Allright Pilgrim, we will see you there. Got my new 1866 this weekend, can't wait to fire it up.

Hey brass looking forward to seeing the new rifle!

The weather people are pulling double shifts so they can all get in on the action on describing the snow that we are supposed to get. It is kind of funny to watch them clammor all over this stuff.

Anyway, they are all saying that it will be done by Thursday so we should be ok. There will be a snow blower party up there on Friday if we need to have one. We WANT TO SHOOT!

Ketchum Qucik

Hey brass looking forward to seeing the new rifle!

The weather people are pulling double shifts so they can all get in on the action on describing the snow that we are supposed to get. It is kind of funny to watch them clammor all over this stuff.

Anyway, they are all saying that it will be done by Thursday so we should be ok. There will be a snow blower party up there on Friday if we need to have one. We WANT TO SHOOT!

Ketchum Qucik

Wal, got my broke snowblower goin' agin, so bring 'er on!!!

hOOt :FlagAm:

Heee Haaa Greenriver.. Miss shootin with ya..Pard Hopefully you'll be back for the warm weather fun.. :lol:

Heee Haaa Hoot.. Build the fire and put the coffee on.. :) I'll be there ta add to the fun.. :D

Heee Haaa Drover Dan .. I'll be lookin for some payback :P

High 40's to mid 50"s today. Lite wind has dried most of the mud and easy walking in the yard. Had lite mist on the windshield twice today going to Radiation treatments, but no need for the wipers. I don't miss the snow and cold at all. Not even a little bit. Actialy feels a little cold with the dampness, but I don't have to leave the water running to keep it from freezing at nite, and a lite jacket is plenty.

Life is good, see ya'll in the spring up there.

Greeenriver

They called of KJ's work last night she was running through the house like a little kid who had just had school cancelled. So I get to spend the day with the wifey and my son,I like snow storms.

Heeee Haaa Ketchup.. did anyone make it to the town of Liberty Yet.. :unsure: I was just reading(yes I can read) that ya all got hit a little harder than than us on the real west side of the state.. :huh:

Heeee Haaa Ketchup.. did anyone make it to the town of Liberty Yet.. :unsure: I was just reading(yes I can read) that ya all got hit a little harder than than us on the real west side of the state.. :huh:

Crazy Mingo,

We may have just an itty bitty trail to drag the carts down but we are still planning on giving it a go! I don't think we will be getting anymore snow between now and Saturday.

I have to give a big shout out to Deuce and hOOt for their dedication to this sport! They are going to bust their cowboy butts tomorrow getting the range ready.

BIG THANK YOU PARDS!!! Big Thank You!!!

For anyone planning on being there, you may have to park up by the trap and skeet field parking lot and hike back from there. I am not exactly sure at this point if we will be able to drive to the back of the club and park were we normally do. We will see.

Thanks again for the big help Deuce and hOOt and to anyone else who can make it to the range tomorrow with a shovel.

Hope to see you guys there!

Ketchum Quick

On my way out the door to go clear feet of snow. Man those Indiana boy sounds like a bunch of nancies cancelling matches and all.

Sure glad I wasn't the CANCELOR (chief) just one of the cancelees (little Indian).

You Michigan cowpokes have fun tomorrow, Maybe someday I'll make it up there.....tom-tom says a little over 3 hours. Remember what tom-tom done to Matthew Duncan???.....Drove all that way and still got lost................nice drive in the country though.

Blood Washed

I am happy to say that the range has been cleared and we are ready to send some lead downrange. Thanks to Hoot Hamilton and Drover Dan for showing up with their own gear and helping to make it possible for us to shoot. Thanks guys you truely show us what being a COWBOY is all about. here are some pics from the fun we had, not to shabby for 3 guys in 4 hours.clearning snow at RSC

I am happy to say that the range has been cleared and we are ready to send some lead downrange. Thanks to Hoot Hamilton and Drover Dan for showing up with their own gear and helping to make it possible for us to shoot. Thanks guys you truely show us what being a COWBOY is all about. here are some pics from the fun we had, not to shabby for 3 guys in 4 hours.clearning snow at RSC

You guys are too cool. I wish your club was about three hours closer!

Spittoon

Wow! Looks great - see y'all tomorrow!

Fantastic job by you folks!!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Heee Haaa Doots ..Pic are good ..You all ..did a good job on at least 18" of snow.. :D I guess we can call ya fellers Town-Cleaners..Looks like were shootin tomorrow..Heeee Haaaa :P

Heee Haaa .. Ketchup.. You folks at Rockford really add to the Sport and Fun.. You guys are what Cowboy Action Shooting is all about.. ^_^

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo.. :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

You guys ROCK, I cannot make it this month, but hope to make next month, Mingo, hate to see you get all that pretty white snow dirty with all that black smoke of yours :lol:

be safe and hope the shoot is great for you guys tomorrow

Heee Haaa Carolina Cowboy..Come-on over , I got some guns and ammo you can use, ifin ya need.. :) You'd be shootin black powder like the real Cowboys..Heee Haaa You would'n even have to clean the guns.. ;) just call me..

Archived