SASS Wire Forum

For Saloonatics (acs) Only!

You have to listen to the story first. ;)

I was in the DVD store and saw a Three Set Box of DVDs with Sam Elliot movies. I like Sam and I thought I'd seen all of his cowboy movies...guess not.

The box set contained two movies that I already posess..."YOU KNOW MY NAME" & "ROUGHRIDERS" . The third one was unknown to me "THE DESPERATE TRAIL". It turns out that this third movie really isn't a Sam Elliot Western...it's a western with Sam Elliot in it if ya know what I mean.

First...It's not a very well made movie and ...

Second...Sam turns out to be the bad guy and not very likeable. I guess all actors are entitled to an oater or two in their careers :blink:

The price of the box set was worth it, but now I have two copies of "ROUGHRIDERS" and two copies of "YOU KNOW MY NAME" So I'll be giving away two DVDs to two different people if you just let me know who you are.

Please let me know via this thread or a PM of which movie you would like. Feel free to ask for both of them but you'll only get one.

I'll take all requests offered by 31 Jan at 1200Z or UTC http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0/java

I'll put all the names for one DVD in a hat and pull a name. If your name is in both hats and you get pulled for both movies, I'll disregard the second pull and get another name.

I'll post a list of all the names in each hat before I pull giving y'all a chance to correct something...I'm not sure all PMs are getting through these days.

Good luck to everybody.

Cascade Charlie

PS. I just found an unopened copy of Tom Hanks' "ANGLES & DEMONS". That'll be up for grabs also.

Okay...So far it's a pretty short list so everybody's odds are pretty dern good.

I'll check back tomorrow to see how it's going and let y'all know.

Cascade Charlie

Throw mine in fer Rough Riders..

~EE Taft~

What was the name of the one where he is chasin the Nez Perce with the one armed Captain?With James Whitmore..

I didn't know any of the three was out on DVD. Charlie, where did ya find the set and how much was it? I'll be buying it for sure so don't bother putting me in the drawing. Thanks amigo.

Cassidy

Jack, Wally World usually has that triple-header in the $5.00 bin. Ya may hafta dig for it, but there's usually several copies in our store.

You have to listen to the story first. ;)

I was in the DVD store and saw a Three Set Box of DVDs with Sam Elliot movies. I like Sam and I thought I'd seen all of his cowboy movies...guess not.

The box set contained two movies that I already posess..."YOU KNOW MY NAME" & "ROUGHRIDERS" . The third one was unknown to me "THE DESPERATE TRAIL". It turns out that this third movie really isn't a Sam Elliot Western...it's a western with Sam Elliot in it if ya know what I mean.

First...It's not a very well made movie and ...

Second...Sam turns out to be the bad guy and not very likeable. I guess all actors are entitled to an oater or two in their careers :blink:

The price of the box set was worth it, but now I have two copies of "ROUGHRIDERS" and two copies of "YOU KNOW MY NAME" So I'll be giving away two DVDs to two different people if you just let me know who you are.

Please let me know via this thread or a PM of which movie you would like. Feel free to ask for both of them but you'll only get one.

I'll take all requests offered by 31 Jan at 1200Z or UTC http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0/java

I'll put all the names for one DVD in a hat and pull a name. If your name is in both hats and you get pulled for both movies, I'll disregard the second pull and get another name.

I'll post a list of all the names in each hat before I pull giving y'all a chance to correct something...I'm not sure all PMs are getting through these days.

Good luck to everybody.

Cascade Charlie

PS. I just found an unopened copy of Tom Hanks' "ANGLES & DEMONS". That'll be up for grabs also.

Here is the thing.. a bad western is better than no western to me.. lol

I didn't know any of the three was out on DVD. Charlie, where did ya find the set and how much was it? I'll be buying it for sure so don't bother putting me in the drawing. Thanks amigo.

Cassidy

I believe that Bama Red said it best and would be your best bet. I have to get my stuff over here on base and I've always thought the DVDs were a little too high for their age. The cheapest here go fo $9.95 or $13.00 this set sold for $17.00 with one movie that I'd never seen so I got it.

Charlie

What was the name of the one where he is chasin the Nez Perce with the one armed Captain?With James Whitmore..

The best I could find in my search was this...

http://www.amazon.com/American-Indian-Collection-6pc-Elliot/dp/B002YOJEJS

Hope this helps.

Charlie

OKAY...Here we go!

I've got 2 requests for "YOU KNOW MY NAME"

Grizzly Dave

Apache Hawk

I've got 5 requests for "ROUGHRIDERS"

Grizzly Dave

Apache Hawk

Charlie MacNeil

Stubborn Dutchman

E E Taft

I'll remove Grizz or the Hawk from list #2 after I pull for #1

And I have an uncontested request for the Tom Hanks movie...

And the winners are.....

Tanner Hyde for "Angles and Omens"

Grizzly Dave for "YOU KNOW MY NAME"

AND

Charlie MacNeil for "ROUGHRIDERS"

Congratulations to all.

Send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll get them in the mail this week. Please be advised that it usually takes about ten days for anything in the APO system to get to you.

Cascade Charlie

Archived