SASS Wire Forum

Against the wind..

Deja Vous

Are you reelin' in the years?

Isn't it strange how some people seem to just breeze thru it all pretty much unscathed, well except for illness and stuff of course. And others seem to have a head wind most of their lives? It does teach you grace though, and acceptance, and passion for the good stuff, and understand for the bad stuff..

Grace? You've met me. did you see any grace there? I doubt it. :rolleyes:

Acceptance? Not on your tintype, lady. Too much in this world that I can't accept, with grace or without. :o

Passion for the good stuff? Oh, yeah. That I got. :D

Understanding the bad? Nope, not ever. So much of the bad make no sense to me. I simply have no frame of reference for understanding evil. :angry:

On the other hand bucking the trends and social idiocy of many others has made me more aware of others' feelings.

It has also made me cuter than the dickens, so I guess it all balances our in the end. :P

I understand completely. In high school I was in choir and ensemble (no Glee jokes please). My ensemble partner and I were incredibly close friends. More than a few people who would see us together thought we were dating, although we never did. She got a job working for a small college, and was murdered in her office one afternoon. Fast forward to the present, and my daughters for Christmas 2009 had a tape of our choir converted to CD for me. My oldest daughter and I were driving one day and she asked why I would skip certain songs. It was difficult to explain to her that they were the ones that her voice would ring clear in and they still hurt too much to listen to sometimes, nearly 25 years later. I can think of other examples, but trust me, I know what you mean.

I think you do. My first husband and I had a favorite song too, and odd one I admit.. But I worked two jobs, and going to college classes at night, and I traveled a lot on top of it all.. So, "ain't no sunshine when your gone" became our song.... I never listen to it ever now. He as so young to die, that it did cast a lot of clouds for me back then. Some songs that reveal pain for others I can't listen to either. I use to have friends ask me to listen to a song, and I knew it was because they were hurt and their songs would break my heart, I was a radio Button pusher.. lol.. Now I fast forward..

Acceptance? Not on your tintype, lady. Too much in this world that I can't accept, with grace or without. :o

Understanding the bad? Nope, not ever. So much of the bad make no sense to me. I simply have no frame of reference for understanding evil. :angry:

On the other hand bucking the trends and social idiocy of many others has made me more aware of others' feelings.

It has also made me cuter than the dickens, so I guess it all balances our in the end. :P

Forties, you past has planted a very nice smile on your face.. one of understanding, and insanity.. lol... And yeah, grace too...

I can lay claim to having some regrets. Listen to The Mike Curb Congregation singing Burning Bridges (Theme song from Kelly's heros) and it expresses a lot of what I feel sometimes. I moved around a lot, lived all over the country and overseas, had dozens of jobs, and rarely kept track of anyone once I left. I don't think about it much, but once in a while..........well, it can bug me a bit.

I've made and kept more friends in the last 6 years since I retired than in the first 63 years together. I have only about five or six from before then, not counting my family.

Forty, I gotta' agree with you to a certain extent.

I don't accept evil though I mostly understand it.

Not sometimes having the best does make you appreciate it.

You get credit for grace in the face of adversity, even if in truth you just don't find the conflict worth your effort.

The bad in nature you don't always understand. The bad in people you understand and oppose.

Ain't it fun to fly in the face of the flock mentality and abject stupidity?

And Deja, he is cute!

I've been told I'm manly :rolleyes::lol:

Guess you get that way from the continual buttkickin' ya' receive from buckin' them trends. :o:D

Sometimes I feel,

Sometimes IIIII feel,

Like I've been tied..... to the whippin' post,

Tied... to the whippin post,

Tiiiiied to the whippin' post,

Oh Lord I feel like I'm dying.

Ahh, Bill Withers, Ain't no Sunshine I really like his song 'Use Me'

My friends feel it's their appointed duty

They keep trying to tell me

All you want to do is use me

Ha, ha, but my answer, ha, ha

Yeah, to all that use me stuff

Is I wanna spread the news

That if it feels this good getting used

Oh, you just keep on using me

Until you use me up

Until you use me up

My brother, sit me right down

And he talked to me, ah-ha

He told me, ah-ha

That I ought not to let you just walk on me

And I'm sure he meant well

Yeah, but when our talk was through

I-I-I said brother, if you only knew

You'd wish that you were in my shoes

You just keep on using me

Until you use me up

Until you use me up

Oh sometimes, it's true you really do abuse me

You get in a crowd of high class people

And then you act real rude to me

But oh baby, baby, baby, baby

When you love me I can't get enough

I-I and I, wanna spread the news

Until you use me up

Until you use me up

Talking about you using me

But it all depends on what you do

It ain't too bad the way you're using me

'Cause I sure am using you

To do the things you do

Ah-ha, to do the things you do

I understand that there IS bad in people, I don't understand the WHY of it. I don't understand evil, and I always oppose it.

Maybe I don't know what grace is.

Grace.. is knowing when to simply smile quietly and walk away, or maybe in some cases go load your gun... lol

Ahh, Bill Withers, Ain't no Sunshine I really like his song 'Use Me'

My friends feel it's their appointed duty

They keep trying to tell me

All you want to do is use me

Ha, ha, but my answer, ha, ha

Yeah, to all that use me stuff

Is I wanna spread the news

Until you use me up

Until you use me up

My brother, sit me right down

And he talked to me, ah-ha

He told me, ah-ha

That I ought not to let you just walk on me

And I'm sure he meant well

Yeah, but when our talk was through

I-I-I said brother, if you only knew

You'd wish that you were in my shoes

You just keep on using me

Until you use me up

Until you use me up

Oh sometimes, it's true you really do abuse me

You get in a crowd of high class people

And then you act real rude to me

But oh baby, baby, baby, baby

When you love me I can't get enough

I-I and I, wanna spread the news

Until you use me up

Until you use me up

Talking about you using me

But it all depends on what you do

It ain't too bad the way you're using me

'Cause I sure am using you

To do the things you do

Ah-ha, to do the things you do

I had to try to find that one.. lol One my my all time favorites is...........

Three thirty in the morning

Not a soul insight

The city's lookin' like a ghost town

On a moonless summer night

Raindrops on the windshield

There's a storm moving in

He's headin' back from somewhere

That he never should have been

And the thunder rolls

And the thunder rolls

Every light is burnin'

In a house across town

She's pacin' by the telephone

In her faded flannel gown

Askin' for miracle

Hopin' she's not right

Prayin' it's the weather

That's kept him out all night

And the thunder rolls

And the thunder rolls

The thunder rolls

And the lightnin' strikes

Another love grows cold

On a sleepless night

As the storm blows on

Out of control

Deep in her heart

The thunder rolls

She's waitin' by the window

When he pulls into the drive

She rushes out to hold him

Thankful he's alive

But on the wind and rain

A strange new perfume blows

And the lightnin' flashes in her eyes

And he knows that she knows

And the thunder rolls

And the thunder rolls

The thunder rolls

And the lightnin' strikes

Another love grows cold

On a sleepless night

As the storm blows on

Out of control

Deep in her heart

The thunder rolls

She runs back down the hallway

To the bedroom door

She reaches for the pistol

Kept in the dresser drawer

Tells the lady in the mirror

He won't do this again

Cause tonight will be the last time

She'll wonder where he's been

Grace.. is knowing when to simply smile quietly and walk away, or maybe in some cases go load your gun... lol

I tend to do the last one more than the first............

.......I've answered the door a few too many times by sayin' "Hang on, I'm loadin' my gun!"

Comes from being in some rough towns.........yup they still got them!!

Most folks quit knockin' when they hear me say that. Of course, any more I usually have a gun loaded all the time.

Other than that, I'm a purdy likable feller! :lol:

~EE Taft~

I tend to do the last one more than the first............

.......I've answered the door a few too many times by sayin' "Hang on, I'm loadin' my gun!"

Comes from being in some rough towns.........yup they still got them!!

Most folks quit knockin' when they hear me say that. Of course, any more I usually have a gun loaded all the time.

Other than that, I'm a purdy likable feller! :lol:

~EE Taft~

While I do have a shotgun by my bed and shells, I will admit I leave my door unlocked a lot and always have. I leave windows open, and I stop for strangers when I am out walking or driving. Being from small town USA I was so use to growing up with unlocked doors, and people with car trouble in the middle of the country stoppping in for a phone call, and a cold glass of lemonade I just got spoiled to it I guess. I have had a few close calls in my lifetime I will admit... and I am trying to be safer, I really do. But I forget about the bad people out there and end up trusting as I am talking to them. I like to talk, I love to listen... and to tell ya the truth some stangers listen better than friends do cuz they find you interesting or a refreshing change.

The gun by my bed is a good start I guess... I keep my cell phone there too.. And I have my cell phone on me all the time, I believe that will help too. And I got a GPS so I would not get lost in bad areas so often.. lol..

While I do have a shotgun by my bed and shells, I will admit I leave my door unlocked a lot and always have. I leave windows open, and I stop for strangers when I am out walking or driving. Being from small town USA I was so use to growing up with unlocked doors, and people with car trouble in the middle of the country stoppping in for a phone call, and a cold glass of lemonade I just got spoiled to it I guess. I have had a few close calls in my lifetime I will admit... and I am trying to be safer, I really do. But I forget about the bad people out there and end up trusting as I am talking to them. I like to talk, I love to listen... and to tell ya the truth some stangers listen better than friends do cuz they find you interesting or a refreshing change.

The gun by my bed is a good start I guess... I keep my cell phone there too.. And I have my cell phone on me all the time, I believe that will help too. And I got a GPS so I would not get lost in bad areas so often.. lol..

Hopefuly Rat Dog will let you know if anyone is in the house but, you do have to learn to lock doors and windows. There are evil people in the world and many of them can charm you out of your socks. I once worked as a correctional officer at the Boon County Jail in Columbia MO and I've met several of them. Keep yourself safe Daja I'd hate to see you hurt.

Bugs

Hopefuly Rat Dog will let you know if anyone is in the house but, you do have to learn to lock doors and windows. There are evil people in the world and many of them can charm you out of your socks. I once worked as a correctional officer at the Boon County Jail in Columbia MO and I've met several of them. Keep yourself safe Daja I'd hate to see you hurt.

Bugs

I am careful Bugs, as careful as I can be without changing my personality too much. Rat Dog loves people, but she does bark too. I know there are bad people, but the good ones out weigh the bad ones.

He used to be gorgeous. Now he's just cute. Har! :lol:

Bugs

Yup, there's plenty of those type of folks 'round here.

And most of them are completely worthless. Liars, thieves, con artists, and act like they are completely incapable of working an honest day in their lives. Being from Hannibal (where alot of the Missouri cons live) I have had my share of dealin' with 'em. They think everyone is a "mark" until you meet them at the door with a shotgun. Most of them around here know me and understand that if I want work done to my place I can do it myself. In fact, most of them know not to come to my door.

Deja, Be your same likeable self but be on alert. There are some sick and stupid and pathetic people out there. If your like me (and I think you are) you know how to read people. you'll know when your in a bad situation.

~EE Taft~

He used to be gorgeous. Now he's just cute. Har! :lol:

Didn't think I had to mention gorgeous. That's a given and it shows in my pictures. Cute is more something you have to see in person. It's more of a cuteness in motion sort of thing. :rolleyes:

I can still hear the soft southern wind in the live oak trees

and those Williams boys still they mean a lot to me Don and Tennessee

I guess we're all gonna be what we're gonna be

So what do you do with good ol' boys like me?

Especally when I grew up in Chicago and that damn song still has meaning because I identify more with the Rural South than the urban North.

Bugs

"Especally when I grew up in Chicago and that damn song still has meaning because I identify more with the Rural South than the urban North."

Bugs

Go figure! It's kinda' like this ol' Marshal Tucker song I learned.

Well I'm goin' down to the river

I've got a canepole in my hand

I've got my redworms in a Maxwell house coffee can

I'm gonna sit under a shade tree on a riverbank where it's cool

I'm gonna close my eyes and dream and let the cork bob away my blues

Well I wake up every mornin' I pick peaches all day

And on Saturday night we'll have a dance or

two we might waller in the hay

Now the only thing that ever whipped my pa

Was this bad dude called old age

But his last years was his best years

And this is what he had to say

He said boy I've worked this dirt all my life but

things ain't been good for awhile

Why don't you move to the city make a little

money you might be the first one in

The family ever to die with a smile

Well I took his advice things goin' well

But my friends are far and few

Whoever said a city boy can't have them country blues

Well honey they ain't talked to me and you

something about'Against the Wind' caused me to reflect back on a more somber note. ^_^

pirate song;

ah.. cool chorus line is all I can say.. rotfl...

"Especally when I grew up in Chicago and that damn song still has meaning because I identify more with the Rural South than the urban North."

Bugs

Go figure! It's kinda' like this ol' Marshal Tucker song I learned.

Well I'm goin' down to the river

I've got a canepole in my hand

I've got my redworms in a Maxwell house coffee can

I'm gonna sit under a shade tree on a riverbank where it's cool

I'm gonna close my eyes and dream and let the cork bob away my blues

Well I wake up every mornin' I pick peaches all day

And on Saturday night we'll have a dance or

two we might waller in the hay

Now the only thing that ever whipped my pa

Was this bad dude called old age

But his last years was his best years

And this is what he had to say

He said boy I've worked this dirt all my life but

things ain't been good for awhile

Why don't you move to the city make a little

money you might be the first one in

The family ever to die with a smile

Well I took his advice things goin' well

But my friends are far and few

Well honey they ain't talked to me and you

I honestly never read all the words before, very cool..

Are you gatherin' up the tears?

Archived