SASS Wire Forum

New toy for your Black gun

DocDisaster # 45431

They also said these were legal a while back and changed their mind later........reciprocating action within a stock.........soon to be outlawed I'm sure...

CW

I would not mind havingone of those for my 10-22!!!

They also said these were legal a while back and changed their mind later........reciprocating action within a stock.........soon to be outlawed I'm sure...

CW

Now if they made one for my SOCOM II :rolleyes:

The good thing is it can be utilized just like a selector switch. Still does not have the same rate of fire of the 5 full auto's I have in the armory. I have to admit I do enjoy a little full auto fire every now and then. Especially if it is not my ammo :unsure:

Doc

This is a waste of money. How much 5.56 or .223 ammo would you burn up in ten minutes with one of these things?

Just pull the dang trigger faster if this is what you want to do.

If it's your money...do whatcha want with it. Whether you believe it's a waste or not is irrelevent.

I like your way of thinking, why wear a Rolex when a timex will tell you the same thing? Preference and choice!

BTW I wear a Seiko, I'm not a Rolex person even if I could afford it, But I would own a whole slew of full auto's if I could afford it!!

Doc

If it's your money...do whatcha want with it. Whether you believe it's a waste or not is irrelevent.

I think it's a cool and fun gadget - wouldn't mind havin' one either - IF they become illegal maybe the one's that folks have will be grandfathered..who knows...why worry about tomorrow when we are here today sez I.

Anyway: I prefer Tag Heuer ;)

GG ~ U*S*A flag

Damn right!

GG ~ who doesn't have much, but will do as he pleases with it!

My Wife has the Tag Heuer, I have the Seiko, in my line of work I need to wear a watch that if it is destroyed will not set me back a bunch. I had worn a Casio G-Shock for about 15 years, went through at least 10 watch bands and hundreds of Uses of Force and that sucker never stopped working.. :)

I think it's a cool and fun gadget - wouldn't mind havin' one either - IF they become illegal maybe the one's that folks have will be grandfathered..who knows...why worry about tomorrow when we are here today sez I.

Anyway: I prefer Tag Heuer ;)

GG ~ U*S*A flag

Absolutely Correct.Couldn't have said it better.Good for you Phantom! Right On!

I'm an FFL/ Class III Dealer/SOT and can buy and sell pretty much any firearm under those licenses.

I receive at least 2-4 calls a day about the SFS(Slide Fire Solutions)...Bump firing is not new, but prior to this new device, it had to be done from the hip keeping constant pressure on the stock(technique was basically to hook your finger of your shooting hand through your Levis belt loop to maintain constant pressure on the stock(admittedly, for the exact physics involved and exactly how the stock works, consult their website.. I am no expert!)...unsafe, spray and pray only, and impossible to aim; this new SFS device inables safe bunp firing from the shoulder and with aimed shots.It's a poor mans way to simulate a full auto, legally(for the time being), cheaply and with no Gov't paperwork.

Not even close to the capabilities or sophistication of a full auto firearm, but they do work and you can fire bursts or maintain sustained full auto fire.Just replaces your M4 stock and uses the stock buffer tube endplate, so if you have a single point swivel point replacing your end plate, you have to put it back to stock.Frankly, I agree it's a gimmick of sorts, but it is quite effective and functions as designed.Takes a bit of a learning curve, but not much.It comes with an ATF letter statting that this item is legal and exempt from NFA regulations, requiring no $200 transfer stamp.

Here is a link to a great review:

http://www.ar15armory.com/foru...-Solutions-SS-t96193.html

It is on the www. ar15armory.com website

Like Phantom so eloquently stated, whether you believe it's a waste or not is irrelevant..whatever floats your boat.Lots of cheap .223 ammo out there to play with economically anyway, plus, anyone that buys one of these or a full auto for that matter, isn't giving a thought to the expense of the ammo! I guarantee you of that! Same philosophy with silencers..If a guy wants a silencer and can afford it, the price is secondary.It's the extreme fun factor, and a great attention getter at the range or among your shooting pals, plus the extension of capability of your semi auto AR..By the way, the SFS can be fired as single shot semi auto, burst fire or sustained auto fire.Requires no gunsmithing or special tools to install..merely replaces your M4 stock on your buffer tube.One minute conversion.The stock itself is sorta ugly, but like everything, some wil fiund it attractive..point is..IT WORKS!

Personally, I believe that this SFS will be illegal to own in the very near future particularly in the wake of the Tucson and similar occurrences lately..The assault weapon ban will go back to 1993 Clinton

parameters anytime now, which will include flash hiders, bayonet lugs, collapsible stocks,High Capacity magazines (10 round max),etc.(As well as detachable magazine fed shotguns)

In fact, firearms distributors are so certain that the assault weapon ban will be reinstated ASAP, one major distributor that i deal with told me that during the Shot Show, they took orders for over 150,000 30 round AR magazines, mostly Magpul P Mags and similar polymer 30 round mags, as well as a lot of 42 round, 50 round and 100 round mags including beta C mags.Steel mags sold as well of course.

Every major distributor is out of 30 round .223/5.56 mags presently.Sure, you can still find them easily online, but the major distributors, are out.

I bought a case of 1000 Magpul P Mags for several clients that wanted at least 25 magazines each..they are already gone! Several clients and dealers even bought 100-200 mags plus at a time.Didn't take long to breeze through that case..and now i can't buy another case.Just a word to the wise re hi cap mags! If you will ever want them, best buy them NOW

Oh..I do wear a Rolex..GMT Master II, 18k/stainless, just because I want to.Period.I don't expect anyone to care what I choose to spend my dough on anymore than I care what someone else spends their dough on!

Archived